HFolb23

If you are at a hub, logging into shiftcom (and hitting yes) will allow yard control to send you moves directly to your IVIS. Hitting “no” when it asks you if you would like to log into shiftcom will still put you on shift but yard control can’t send you any moves.

That being said, if your ORS specifically told you not to do that, don’t do it.
Noted, thank you. I’ll ask some of the senior drivers that I notice don’t shift what they do.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
At balmd you could park in the 600 row. That was with the old ivis though, not sure if it still works with the phones.
I’m looking for a hub a little more south. But if I ever go on a sleeper run, I’ll remember that. Although they don’t make sleepers shift or even build their own sets.

Package Stick

"Send it."
Got a quick question.

I was trained to wait for guards, but at CACH they have never come up to me when I park at the gate.

I follow the IVIS, and park my inbound trailers.

Never been talked to about tapping arrive, and parking my loads without a guard looking at my paperwork.

Am I supposed to call my loads in using the phone/get a guard? The way I've been trained, is not how I've seen things work.

That's true. Before I worked at UPS used to deliver to the LA market down town. The owner of truck told me it would be a good idea not to stop at stop lights.

One time one of those guys jumped on my step and told me i needed him to lump off the load. I pulled my gun and told him to get away and he did. You get hard down there real fast or else you don't survive.

I hated that place. Everyone was so miserable.
@542thruNthru
tenor (1) (28).gif

542thruNthru

I don't care if you believe me or not. have you ever been in Oakland at 3 o'clock in the morning? you don't stop for anything. I had a guy jump up on my step while almost at a stop at a light and told me to pull over. I pointed the gun at him and he jumped off. this was around 1981 or 82. years before I worked for UPS.

and I NEVER told anyone at work that I carried . and I am sure i wasnt the only one. lots of drivers carried other weapons like ball bats, bump bars, and pepper spray or mace. they spoke of that but no one was stupid enough to admit to carrying a firearm.

there must be other bay area drivers here that can back me up. most bay area drivers are pretty tough themselves. how about the Sanfrancisco hub that has all those homeless people roaming around at night? it can be more than frightening to break up a set around 3-4 oclock in the morning. the shifters are around but not always. I hated going there.

That's true. Before I worked at UPS used to deliver to the LA market down town. The owner of truck told me it would be a good idea not to stop at stop lights.

One time one of those guys jumped on my step and told me i needed him to lump off the load. I pulled my gun and told him to get away and he did. You get hard down there real fast or else you don't survive.

I hated that place. Everyone was so miserable.

You're not interested in hearing about blowing red lights with looters hanging from the tractor and trailer while swinging a gun out the driver's window?!!
First it was Oakland now it's Los Angeles.

d3a738413b1b9c65333276c89ed82476.gif

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Got a quick question.

I was trained to wait for guards, but at CACH they have never come up to me when I park at the gate.

Never been talked to about tapping arrive, and parking my loads without a guard looking at my paperwork.

Am I supposed to call my loads in using the phone/get a guard? The way I've been trained, is not how I've seen things work.
Yeah, don't park at the gate and wait for guards/security @ CACH. Just do what you have been doing; hit 'Arrive', and drop your trailer(s) close to where your IVIS NG shows (unless it's an actual building door, those you need to get right on the money LOL). If a load is for one of CACH's sorts, I'll tuck the paperwork somewhere on the back door (chain latch or door latch), otherwise I'll leave it somewhere on the front.

The only reason to "park" at one of CACH's gates is if the 'Arrive' fails and you need to use the phone there. (I'm giving you the benefit of doubt that you actually did check your paperwork against the actual trailer & seal numbers).

542thruNthru

Q

First it was Oakland now it's Los Angeles.

View attachment 354799

Chicago reminds me of Escape From New York. Got lost there one time in my truck. Boss told me NOT to stop at red lights. always had a piece with me.

Had a guy of african persuasion jump onto foot rails and told me to pull over. waved gun at him and he jumped off quickly.
Oh and don't forget it happen in Chicago as well. Lol

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
How do they based who goes to which building when you’re getting displaced? Can you pick which building you can get displaced to?
It would depend on your Feeder work rules or local Supplement. Here you return to the building your last Package center was or morphed to. If you were one of the few who made it to Feeder on the Secondary list you return to Goodyear hub regardless of your previous hub.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Got a quick question.

A lot of the buildings just let you drive through and LV or TA, it's nice.

quad decade guy

A lot of the buildings just let you drive through and LV or TA, it's nice.
But.....

At least at our hub(it's big).....contractors and PVD's also drive into and around property at will.

Being that we have so many rentals.....they look like contractors and besides the guards are asleep or watching their phones.

I inbounded at a large hub Friday......waited and waited.....the broken english guy came out and said he was eating lunch.....

Hub security is an ongoing catastrophe. Keeping in mind.....these contractors have access to air operations.....they roam freely in our hub. No bs.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
But.....

At least at our hub(it's big).....contractors and PVD's also drive into and around property at will.

Being that we have so many rentals.....they look like contractors and besides the guards are asleep or watching their phones.

I inbounded at a large hub Friday......waited and waited.....the broken english guy came out and said he was eating lunch.....

Hub security is an ongoing catastrophe. Keeping in mind.....these contractors have access to air operations.....they roam freely in our hub. No bs.
Nice for me, but I'm not defending it from a safety or security standpoint.