Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
MECZ and MEQZ are by far the biggest piles of you know what we have. Don’t disrespect the blue CTLZ’s, they’re almost as nice as MLNZ’s.
The problem with those former Werner trailers is that the support braces for the trailer skirting are flimsy junk. I'm up to about 5 roadside service calls now because of those brackets falling off/breaking and all the sudden having a piece of skirt flapping.

ManInBrown

Any Parsippany drivers on here? There’s a mechanic who must have had throat cancer, he’s got the thing sticking out of his neck where he presses on it to speak. Threw me for a loop the first time I had to go to the shop and spoke to him. You would think any mechanic has the right to be bitter it would be him, he was a pretty nice guy in the short time we spoke.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Any Parsippany drivers on here? There’s a mechanic who must have had throat cancer, he’s got the thing sticking out of his neck where he presses on it to speak. Threw me for a loop the first time I had to go to the shop and spoke to him. You would think any mechanic has the right to be bitter it would be him, he was a pretty nice guy in the short time we spoke.
It’s called an electrolarynx. He’s probably glad to be alive.

HFolb23

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to leave feeder and get back into package? I’m sure it’s local specific but I’ll take any advice I can get. My BA is saying I have to bid back but they won’t allow me to sign a package route bid because there’s nobody else feeder qualified. My feeder supervisors have been working on helping me out but I’ve largely been kept in the dark about the process.

My only reason for wanting to leave is that I am needing a total hip replacement and I don’t want to return to feeder after recovery. Feeder is what broke me, package is all the same movements I’m doing 3 days a week in physical therapy and I never had any health problems while I was a delivery driver.

trickpony1

Compare the number of times you enter/exit a pkg car compared to enter/exit a feedah.
Seems like feedah would be easier on the body.

Ergonomically helping.

Thebrownblob

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to leave feeder and get back into package? I’m sure it’s local specific but I’ll take any advice I can get. My BA is saying I have to bid back but they won’t allow me to sign a package route bid because there’s nobody else feeder qualified. My feeder supervisors have been working on helping me out but I’ve largely been kept in the dark about the process.

My only reason for wanting to leave is that I am needing a total hip replacement and I don’t want to return to feeder after recovery. Feeder is what broke me, package is all the same movements I’m doing 3 days a week in physical therapy and I never had any health problems while I was a delivery driver.
Seems like hip replacements gonna be rough to come back to package car.

HFolb23

I hear your concerns and I agree that it doesn’t make any sense, but it’s the sitting that bothers me the most. I go to the gym and run a few miles and feel fantastic. Carrying a kettle bell or medicine ball up onto a wooden box a few hundred times at PT doesn’t bother me at all. The 30 minute drive to and from the appointment is significantly more uncomfortable.

The way I see it is that I can’t sit long enough to stay in feeder. If I can’t do package either, then it’s time for a new career. However before I toss away nearly 10 years here, I want to try all my options to stay.

Thebrownblob

I hear your concerns and I agree that it doesn’t make any sense, but it’s the sitting that bothers me the most. I go to the gym and run a few miles and feel fantastic. Carrying a kettle bell or medicine ball up onto a wooden box a few hundred times at PT doesn’t bother me at all. The 30 minute drive to and from the appointment is significantly more uncomfortable.

The way I see it is that I can’t sit long enough to stay in feeder. If I can’t do package either, then it’s time for a new career. However before I toss away nearly 10 years here, I want to try all my options to stay.
I have some piriformis syndrome sitting while driving position for more than 30 minutes, destroys my hip with sharp shooting pains. So I kind of understand what you’re saying. Not to mention there’s no way I could sit in the seat of a Feeder truck anytime after dark and drive without getting sleepy, it’s just not for me.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

So you think climbing in and out of a pkg car 300 to 400 times a day is easier than feeder
I’am afraid you have a case of the grass isn’t always greener on the other side of the fence
Never heard this one before.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
So you think climbing in and out of a pkg car 300 to 400 times a day is easier than feeder
I’am afraid you have a case of the grass isn’t always greener on the other side of the fence
Never heard this one before.
And that's just the package car , never mind all the steps at house stops

averageguy14

Just curious, who else lost volume to EZRPA since they opened? Newpa lost majority of daylight sort and cut about 15 runs already but also added some on. Also heard BURMD and BALMD cut a lot of runs as well