I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to leave feeder and get back into package? I’m sure it’s local specific but I’ll take any advice I can get. My BA is saying I have to bid back but they won’t allow me to sign a package route bid because there’s nobody else feeder qualified. My feeder supervisors have been working on helping me out but I’ve largely been kept in the dark about the process.

My only reason for wanting to leave is that I am needing a total hip replacement and I don’t want to return to feeder after recovery. Feeder is what broke me, package is all the same movements I’m doing 3 days a week in physical therapy and I never had any health problems while I was a delivery driver.
Pls b in CACH

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Just curious, who else lost volume to EZRPA since they opened? Newpa lost majority of daylight sort and cut about 15 runs already but also added some on. Also heard BURMD and BALMD cut a lot of runs as well
Buddy of mine who's still working told me that BALMD got decimated, practically just a package center now.

ManInBrown

Just curious, who else lost volume to EZRPA since they opened? Newpa lost majority of daylight sort and cut about 15 runs already but also added some on. Also heard BURMD and BALMD cut a lot of runs as well
All the buildings lose volume when a new hub opens. Ever been to Meadow prior to the Cranbury building and the new Bethlehem building opening? It was a zoo every single night non peak. Peak forget it, it was bananas. The place is a ghost town now. Before the other buildings opened there’d be a line all the way down county ave anytime between 11pm and midnight. Now you basically breeze right in.

Thats the whole point of opening new buildings. To take the choke off the older facilities.

HFolb23

So you think climbing in and out of a pkg car 300 to 400 times a day is easier than feeder
I’am afraid you have a case of the grass isn’t always greener on the other side of the fence
Never heard this one before.
I’ve got X-rays, MRIs, and a arthroscopy that shows this isn’t a case of just regretting going to feeder.

Do you really think I want to go work harder and show less on my W2? Or do you think I would rather go back to the position that has me doing the same muscle movements as I’m doing at physical therapy while I await surgery versus leaving the company entirely?

I was FT package for a few years before I came to feeder, I know exactly what that job entails. I was referred to my orthopedic surgeon by a PC driver who had a double replacement and is now back to work and claims he’s feeling better than ever.

I said it once and I’ll say it again. I understand that the concept of leaving feeder to go to package based on it being easier on the body sounds ridiculous. However, I know my body and I know what does and doesn’t bother it. Sitting for more than 30 mins or so is very uncomfortable, so whether I get back to package or not I am leaving feeder.

Johney

I know of three guys who had hip replacements, all went into feeder to get away from package which caused the hip replacements.

qdg2

I’ve got X-rays, MRIs, and a arthroscopy that shows this isn’t a case of just regretting going to feeder.

Do you really think I want to go work harder and show less on my W2? Or do you think I would rather go back to the position that has me doing the same muscle movements as I’m doing at physical therapy while I await surgery versus leaving the company entirely?

I was FT package for a few years before I came to feeder, I know exactly what that job entails. I was referred to my orthopedic surgeon by a PC driver who had a double replacement and is now back to work and claims he’s feeling better than ever.

I said it once and I’ll say it again. I understand that the concept of leaving feeder to go to package based on it being easier on the body sounds ridiculous. However, I know my body and I know what does and doesn’t bother it. Sitting for more than 30 mins or so is very uncomfortable, so whether I get back to package or not I am leaving feeder.
I have been told that hip replacement folks have a weight restriction. As in lifting. Pkg has up to 150#.....but then feeder dollies can require a lot of force to move in many ways.

I have also heard hip replacements aren't forever and you need 20 more years.

Going to the bottom of pkg to leave feeder(that's the way it would be here) would be a deal breaker for me. Here, there isn't really a path/procedure to do such. It's one-way forward unless layed off....

It's hard to believe a person would want to go to pkg after having hip replacement. Most folks I know take months if ever to FULLY recover even younger folks. Most are 50, 60, 70. Someone in their 40's having HR has lot's of other problems seems.

Johney

I have been told that hip replacement folks have a weight restriction. As in lifting. Pkg has up to 150#.....but then feeder dollies can require a lot of force to move in many ways.

Going to the bottom of pkg to leave feeder(that's the way it would be here) would be a deal breaker for me. Here, there isn't really a path/procedure to do such. It's one-way forward unless layed off....

It's hard to believe a person would want to go to pkg after having hip replacement. Most folks I know take months if ever to FULLY recover even younger folks. Most are 50, 60, 70. Someone in their 40's having HR has lot's of other problems seems.
Much of this is untrue in my dealings with people with a HR. Everyone I knew had no weight restrictions that’s why they were able to go from package into feeders. You must have 0 restrictions to return after an injury whether work related or not. Yes most will need a revision surgery by 20 years.

Thebrownblob

Much of this is untrue in my dealings with people with a HR. Everyone I knew had no weight restrictions that’s why they were able to go from package into feeders. You must have 0 restrictions to return after an injury whether work related or not. Yes most will need a revision surgery by 20 years.

Here we do not have classification seniority. If I go to feeders tomorrow my seniority dovetails. If A feeder wants to return to package their seniority also Dovetails. The only requirement is that they fulfill their term they committed to.

trickpony1

Ask your physical therapist if the reason any joint (knee, hip, elbow etc) hurts is because the muscles, ligaments and tendons that support that joint are weak.

I'll bet the exercises you're doing in PT are intended to strengthen and condition said soft tissue that support your hip. The same applies in feeder. Been there, done that.

Ask your physical therapist. Let us know what he says.

Physiologically helping.

Johney

Here we do not have classification seniority. If I go to feeders tomorrow my seniority dovetails. If A feeder wants to return to package their seniority also Dovetails. The only requirement is that they fulfill their term they committed to.
It does not here. If you go into feeders you are at the bottom of the seniority list, but you are not fulltime feeder until you bid a run. So until you bid something you are free to go back to package anytime to your old route.

Thebrownblob

It does not here. If you go into feeders you are at the bottom of the seniority list, but you are not fulltime feeder until you bid a run. So until you bid something you are free to go back to package anytime to your old route.

Yep, many places are like that. Our rider does not allow that.

Thebrownblob

How would you feel if you were the bottom guy in feeders and you got bumped back to pkg car because some guy with 20 years in decided he wanted to go to feeders?
I would feel the same way. I’ve always felt throughout my career when I got bumped seniority, is seniority. We have a guy with 37 years getting ready to go to Feeders. They’re welcoming him with open arms.