robot

Has A Large Member
I still see one pulling into Meadow every once in a while. I’ve also seen the flat nose International pull in as I’m leaving. It’s a 270. Both within the last year.
When I think of the flat nose/snubnose international I think of these old pieces of crap. Is it one of these????!

Attachments

• 3D979A0B-9A0F-4380-958C-4FF7CB35E9A2.jpeg
    3D979A0B-9A0F-4380-958C-4FF7CB35E9A2.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 27

Trucker Clock

When I think of the flat nose/snubnose international I think of these old pieces of crap. Is it one of these????!

That's what I think of also. We called them Tonka Toys.

That looks like a 263 series. It was slightly extended in the cab, but a few inches does matter, over the 242 series.

robot

Has A Large Member
That's what I think of also. We called them Tonka Toys.

That looks like a 263 series. It was slightly extended in the cab, but a few inches does matter, over the 242 series.
The first time I drive a 242 international i almost turned around 10 min into my first leg. The shifting was so loose I couldn’t find the gears. Later someone pointed out there were stickers on the dash to aim at for gears. 4th was like aim for the right AC vent 🤣

9.5er

Still a few 270 internationals around and on the road Out my way. They just Ada’ed my 273 Mack. Sad day it was in great shape.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Still a few 270 internationals around and on the road Out my way. They just Ada’ed my 273 Mack. Sad day it was in great shape.
My 275 Mack is still going strong. 1.2 million miles on her and she still purs like a 15 year old kitten with asthma.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
You caught the tail end of the chauffeur era I take it.
Used to be, each state had their own CDL's. Drivers would get their l licenses suspended for whatever reason in 1 state, they would just change residences and start all over. When Texas went to a national CDL, they offered free endorsements. I had to study for the other endorsements, and pass a test for each, but they didn't cost extra. I got Tanker, vehicle transport, Chauffeur, school bus, hazmat, doubles/triples in one fell swoop.

Cowboy Mac

Used to be, each state had their own CDL's. Drivers would get their l licenses suspended for whatever reason in 1 state, they would just change residences and start all over. When Texas went to a national CDL, they offered free endorsements. I had to study for the other endorsements, and pass a test for each, but they didn't cost extra. I got Tanker, vehicle transport, Chauffeur, school bus, hazmat, doubles/triples in one fell swoop.
Now they won’t let you get the school bus endorsement unless you do a road test in a school bus.

Cementups

Box Monkey
My training was free........no rental.......and no pay! It's still hard to believe the Union agreed to voluntary training off the clock.

Is it “free” time though as much an exchange? They could always pay you and then you have to go on your own to get your CDL and have to shell out $5-6k for training elsewhere. I’m the end, the company is saving you money and time by doing their I house training. Go elsewhere and it will take anywhere from 6-12 weeks to get your CDL. UPS teaches you how to drive one and pats for your test in just one week. I’m good with their way.

qdg2

Is it “free” time though as much an exchange? They could always pay you and then you have to go on your own to get your CDL and have to shell out $5-6k for training elsewhere. I’m the end, the company is saving you money and time by doing their I house training. Go elsewhere and it will take anywhere from 6-12 weeks to get your CDL. UPS teaches you how to drive one and pats for your test in just one week. I’m good with their way.
Feeders is not a contractor.

Why would a 20 year employee(in my case) have to work for free?

Feeders is a necessity.

Exchange?

Extortion?

Who cares about elsewhere? Elsewhere in many cases doesn't have pkg car.

BTW, that "one week"......ain't enough. I did it in 2 days but........didn't and was not safe......I made it......but really?

They could always pay you AND pay for the test too.

BTW, could you lose your job while off the clock? Serious question. See?

Johney

Feeders is a necessity.

Exchange?

Extortion?

BTW, that "one week"......ain't enough. I did it in 2 days but........didn't and was not safe......I made it......but really?

They did do the test....for free.
No you can not....I asked this very question before I started my feeder training and was told by the supervisor/trainer and feeder shop steward that if anything you would be disqualified for a year.

Cementups

Box Monkey

Feeders is a necessity.

Exchange?

Extortion?

I was 25 years before going to feeders. I had no problem forfeiting that week of pay. I’ve made it up 10 fold since moving to this classification. Being a senior employee doesn’t mean crud aside from picking jobs and vacation.

qdg2

I was 25 years before going to feeders. I had no problem forfeiting that week of pay. I’ve made it up 10 fold since moving to this classification. Being a senior employee doesn’t mean crud aside from picking jobs and vacation.
Ok. Have you ever wondered why?