robot

Has A Large Member
We started the keyless tractor thing here at my building and I’ve been hearing rumors that they’re doing this to get rid of feeder dispatch.

Anyone hear anything about that?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We started the keyless tractor thing here at my building and I’ve been hearing rumors that they’re doing this to get rid of feeder dispatch.

Doing this because drivers are locking keys accidentally in the trucks and other drivers are taking home the keys daily so nobody else can drive that assigned rig.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

At least here they have a fully staffed dispatch and Onroad group...was almost sure they were going to cut a few of these people but unless they have more cuts later in the year then probably won't be happening anytime soon.

robot

Has A Large Member
At least here they have a fully staffed dispatch and Onroad group...was almost sure they were going to cut a few of these people but unless they have more cuts later in the year then probably won't be happening anytime soon.
Yeah they sent a mass message out saying we gotta come by the window still for some reason even if we don’t have to get keys.

Probably put a camera up soon to scan our faces to make sure we show up or something

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yeah they sent a mass message out saying we gotta come by the window still for some reason even if we don’t have to get keys.

Probably put a camera up soon to scan our faces to make sure we show up or something
Probably to verify what you are doing and going for that day. We have recently had guys pulling correct loads to the wrong buildings or not checking trailer numbers close enough and pulling wrong loads to the right building....lol. We have hundreds of feeder drivers here so anything could happen, and it does...Roger out.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

They need to use facial recognition to make sure some of these drivers are actually showing up for work...they bitch about not getting punches then they don't come in when dispatch calls them for work...seriously???

PCM Troll

At my center, you can only punch in and out of IVIS at dispatch. GPS will not allow you if you are not there.

Cementups

Box Monkey
We’ve had keyless brown tractors for a month or so. No now instead of holding keys drivers just park far away because they know most of the drivers won’t walk that far.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Oh dear. We're circling the drain
Screenshot_20240610_200810_YouTube.jpg

Johney

Dropping trailers, Blocking the fuel aisle
6:40
When I left feeders and my last 6 months at UPS I shifted for preload and these DBag young pups would come in and drop their sets for my building and not break them down(which they are supposed to do)leaving them for me to do while trying to set up the doors before the preload started. So I tried nicely a time or two(when I caught them doing it)to explain that they needed to break down their sets only to be told screw off I'm taking that breakdown time to nap. So you're getting credit for breaking down a set and not doing it? So I have to? Ok little did they know I was a former feeder driver and had the phone number to their dispatch and a few names of dispatch supervisors. One quick phone call one morning at around 1 a.m. to dispatch about what they were doing and BOOM I never broke down a set again. Lazy ass young punks.

pkgdriver

When I left feeders and my last 6 months at UPS I shifted for preload and these DBag young pups would come in and drop their sets for my building and not break them down(which they are supposed to do)leaving them for me to do while trying to set up the doors before the preload started. So I tried nicely a time or two(when I caught them doing it)to explain that they needed to break down their sets only to be told screw off I'm taking that breakdown time to nap. So you're getting credit for breaking down a set and not doing it? So I have to? Ok little did they know I was a former feeder driver and had the phone number to their dispatch and a few names of dispatch supervisors. One quick phone call one morning at around 1 a.m. to dispatch about what they were doing and BOOM I never broke down a set again. Lazy ass young punks.
IMG_2013.gif