Atheists

wkmac

Isn't the condemnation of the Bible, and the "knocking" of Christian faith, in effect, pushing and forcing your own beliefs; a practice that you loathe Christians for?

In a certain perspective this is true and from a christian POV yes it would seem even more true. But let's look at this entire Current Events forum, for that matter, all the BC forums and see how atheists are pushing their beliefs or agenda if you will as compared to christians. Let's actually test you assertion from the standpoint that atheists here in BC are going around "knocking the faith" as you put it as in suggesting atheists are somehow starting the fight.

The first place to start would be to look all the way back at the OP in this thread itself and see just who the atheist was that got all this attack going. Who started this atheist thread and what was the agenda? Surely this atheist who is the originator of this thread along with his/her supporting friends of their belief system would seem to me to be the first order of responsibility when it comes to the after effects as seen in this thread. I mean it's their accusations upon which the other POV of the debate felt at some point a need to respond back in some defense of what they believe. Or maybe it was expected from the OPer and friends, if not almost demanded that the opposing side from the original OPer was to just "shut up and take it!" Why would these atheists who started this thread not want the opposing view to be able to speak out about what their POV actually is and not based on the twisted views of the atheists who started this thread who themselves never studied the first bit of the opposing view to begin with?

I'm sure you'll agree that the original atheist who started this thread was wrong in expecting the opposing view to "sit down and shut up" and not ever utter as much as peep in defense of not only their beliefs but also when they are often maligned by being lumped into a big collective all because of the misplaced actions of a few. Yes, the atheist who started this entire thread and those who rose in support of should be called out for misrepresenting all those views they oppose and even worse was having never considered those opposing POV nor investigated themselves to see if they had arguments worthy of consideration. You are correct in wanting to call these atheists out who started this type of attempt at incitement.

We also need to look across the entire BC website, in every thread forum and identify every thread started by atheists for the express purpose to defame and mock christian belief. I would encourage all good people of christian faith to expose these atheists for what they are and their overt attempts to undermine and make mockery of those who uphold and revere the most high god and his manifestation of grace through his son Jesus Christ. Post links to other threads started by atheists as attempts to demean and belittle the vlaues of those who believe in god.

By all means christians have a duty to defend the faith and exposing these evil, combative atheists for what they are, for spreading their vile and hatred of morality and descent people as expressed in the all the other threads across the BC website that they started in order to spread their own false faith.

I look forward to see the evidence you secure in order to support your claim!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Amen, that being said..."13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. --Matthew 5:13-15

I love how Christians memorize scripture and then proceed to direct others how to live and think from their Holy Glass House.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
​1 Peter 3:15

1 Hypocrites 11:13: "Ye who shalt live purely by scripture written over 2,000 years ago, shalt be severely out of touch with the reality of a changing world and should be viewed as a fool and an insult to the true loving intentions of The Lord".

Upsmule

Amen, that being said..."13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. --Matthew 5:13-15

I love how Christians memorize scripture and then proceed to direct others how to live and think from their Holy Glass House.

1 Peter 3:15

You sound prepared that's for sure. Not very hopeful but definitely prepared for something I guess.

Upsmule

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena --- ” - Theodore Roosevelt

​The man in the arena does the heavy lifting while the spectators do the heavy talking. --Truth 101

wkmac

Go out to youtube and watch Penn's 45 or so minute conversation with Glenn Beck on religion and libertarianism. Well worth the watch regardless of what your belief or non belief is and of course with Penn you know it's gonna be fun!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Go out to youtube and watch Penn's 45 or so minute conversation with Glenn Beck on religion and libertarianism. Well worth the watch regardless of what your belief or non belief is and of course with Penn you know it's gonna be fun!

Glenn Beck is an intellectual GIANT!! I'm guessing Penn has him in tears about 30 seconds in?

wkmac

Glenn Beck is an intellectual GIANT!! I'm guessing Penn has him in tears about 30 seconds in?

No, it's actually a very good conversation. I have to admit I was surprised and of course Penn interjects humor to make it fun. I'm not fan of Beck but he did himself well IMO and Penn was given an open floor to offer his POV.

Now you'll not like the libertarian stuff but I enjoyed it!

BrownArmy

...but I still don't want Elder Jackwad and Elder Dillweed ringing my doorbell Saturday morning and trying to convert me...

I spent years as a child living in Yonkers and the Bronx...my stepfather was from India and had little patience for the Jehovah's Witnesses who would come around weekly.

He was a doctor and worked mainly nights...one Saturday afternoon he had just woken up and showered and the JW's came to the door.

He came running down the stairs with just a towel wrapped around his waist, screaming at these poor people:

"WE'RE ALL HAPPY HINDUS! GET THE friend OUT OF HERE!"

They left us alone for the summer.

Upsmule

This is one of the best flow charts on the Abrahamic tradition using Judaism as the starting point I've seen. Someone here recently questioned the term judeo-christian. Wouldn't be popular but you could say judeo-muslim too!
And of all of those new holy books, none are more historically verifiable than the Old and New Testament's. With every turn of an archeologist's spade the bible's validity is merely backed up rather than able to be disputed. I didn't say it proves anything so don't get all your panties in a wad guys. Just saying.

wkmac

I spent years as a child living in Yonkers and the Bronx...my stepfather was from India and had little patience for the Jehovah's Witnesses who would come around weekly.

He was a doctor and worked mainly nights...one Saturday afternoon he had just woken up and showered and the JW's came to the door.

He came running down the stairs with just a towel wrapped around his waist, screaming at these poor people:

"WE'RE ALL HAPPY HINDUS! GET THE friend OUT OF HERE!"

They left us alone for the summer.

LOL! I might have to try that sometime but for my experience the JW seem to avoid my door. I have no idea why! :wink2: