Being “forced to work”

Osubrownguy

Got a Diad message this evening that we are short drivers and that I am to report to work tomorrow morning. I’m in central if that matters. Is this something I need to show up for or should I continue on with my weekend plans?
7551DA00-E70D-42D4-BAD7-B2E4D712F526.jpeg

barnyard

KTM rider
You must be fairly low in seniority. Go in, grab a board, punch in, deliver. When you are done, pull over and send a message via the diad that you are done and you want 8 hours of work, per the contract guarantee. Wait for the reply. Do not use your phone, the battery is dead.

Osubrownguy

You must be fairly low in seniority. Go in, grab a board, punch in, deliver. When you are done, pull over and send a message via the diad that you are done and you want 8 hours of work, per the contract guarantee. Wait for the reply. Do not use your phone, the battery is dead.
4 years seniority. Been m-friend for over a year now.. I don’t mind working a Saturday here and there but 15 hour notice? I told them I will be bringing my kids into work and that supervisor can babysit.

Osubrownguy

Saturdays in my center from what I heard are 12 hour days apparently

Whither

Scofflaw
Also in the Central. Unbelievable but they only have to give us a whopping 1 hr notice per Art 12.6 of the Central supp. That's why they like to send a DIAD text on Fridays. As long as you're good on attendance just call off. I called off 10 6th-punches when s--- was haywire after the lockdowns. No discipline. But I didn't miss a scheduled day.

Last edited:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Go in, run straight air, then follow Orion 100%. Back every time it tells you to also. Make it a 14 hour day and make them regret it.
You act as though he’d get done before 12 hours. They pile it on Saturday’s like any other day. I volunteer to come in, run my area expanded, and I can say Saturday’s are 2-3 hours longer than any other day during my week.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
I’m in Central too, they’ve been forcing Saturday since March. Mostly every mon-fri driver being forced calls off, gets written up Monday, but nothing else. The write-ups aren’t sticking. Call out and enjoy your weekend with the kids.

Nah
Also in the Central. Unbelievable but they only have to give us a whopping 1 hr notice per Art 12.6 of the Central supp. That's why they like to send a DIAD text on Fridays. As long as you're good on attendance just call off. I called off 10 6th-punches when s--- was haywire after the lockdowns. No discipline. But I didn't miss a scheduled day.

I think you may be misinterpreting that section. I'd be looking at Article 12, section 4 myself, which says your schedule must be posted before the end of the last working day from the previous week.

I don't see how they can "force" you in on a day you're not scheduled.

Screenshot_20201002-185658.png

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
When you call in, mention that it is your scheduled day off, you are fatigued, and you won’t be coming in. They will write you up Monday but the write ups are not sticking.

Whither

Scofflaw
I think you may be misinterpreting that section. I'd be looking at Article 12, section 4 myself, which says your schedule must be posted before the end of the last working day from the previous week.

I don't see how they can "force" you in on a day you're not scheduled.

View attachment 311779

That interpretation is from my stew. Needless to say neither of us like it, but the book often doesn't say what we'd like it to say...

JL 0513

The bottom 1/3 of drivers in my center are being forced a 6th punch on Saturdays. Was told we have to call out sick if we can't come in. This isn't what we signed up for. Naturally, they have yet to hire the 22.4's that are supposed to work Saturdays.