Being “forced to work”

Brown_$$

I worked 8 hour shift unloading today and literally five minutes until clocking out the supervisor tells me I need to work a double. I just laughed at his face lol
( I Love overtime but the fact that they think we don’t have a life outside of work and only tell me five minutes before clocking out to work a double is absurd!!) and then with a straight face he told me I would regret that and he would write me up come Monday lol steward will probably laugh at his face come Monday.

Nah
That interpretation is from my stew. Needless to say neither of us like it, but the book often doesn't say what we'd like it to say...

I asked my steward if they needed 24 hours to make us work on Saturday once, and she pointed to the article and section I shared. Said they can force you to work any day they want...if you're scheduled to work that day. Shared that section with me.

This is one of the things that annoys me. Different locals in the same region have radically different interpretations of the contract.

What about Article 22.4 #8 of the NMA?

...in accordance with the applicable supplement and all that jazz.

UPSER1987

You must be fairly low in seniority. Go in, grab a board, punch in, deliver. When you are done, pull over and send a message via the diad that you are done and you want 8 hours of work, per the contract guarantee. Wait for the reply. Do not use your phone, the battery is dead.
Lol...don’t know where youre from or if you’re still in the game, but Saturday is a 12 hour day bud.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I worked 8 hour shift unloading today and literally five minutes until clocking out the supervisor tells me I need to work a double. I just laughed at his face lol
( I Love overtime but the fact that they think we don’t have a life outside of work and only tell me five minutes before clocking out to work a double is absurd!!) and then with a straight face he told me I would regret that and he would write me up come Monday lol steward will probably laugh at his face come Monday.
They can't force you to double shift.
File a Grievance for harassment.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
...Back every time it tells you to also...
Is this what they think we do all day?
fba898155fff82bccfd6a03db4cf3f82.gif