Biden - Tology

Lue C Fur

Evil member
joe biden demotivational poster.jpg
joe biden demotivational poster.jpg

UPS Lifer

I just don't buy that. Businesses can hire and they can fire just like always. What they are comfortable with is record profits and increased worker productivity and an unemployment rate that keeps wage earners desperate for whatever they can get.

This sounds like the " us versus them" mentality. Businesses are bad bad bad, workers are suppressed. Businesses are cold greedy bast*rds who will sacrifice their workers to make the almighty buck.

How many years do you have running a business and being an owner of a small business? How many years experience do you have struggling to meet a payroll as a business owner? How many years experience do you have making sure you are complying with federal, state and local regulations?

Most small business owners care deeply about the people that work for them. They are family. The worst feeling in the world for a business owner is to have to lay off a valuable employee. Have you ever had to lay someone off or let them go. Someone you knew personally, someone's house you have been to?

M

MenInBrown

If businesses dont make an almighty buck, why would they need employees. Dont know whats so hard to figure out that if businesses dont make money, people wont have jobs.

bbsam

Staff member
This sounds like the " us versus them" mentality. Businesses are bad bad bad, workers are suppressed. Businesses are cold greedy bast*rds who will sacrifice their workers to make the almighty buck.

How many years do you have running a business and being an owner of a small business? How many years experience do you have struggling to meet a payroll as a business owner? How many years experience do you have making sure you are complying with federal, state and local regulations?

Most small business owners care deeply about the people that work for them. They are family. The worst feeling in the world for a business owner is to have to lay off a valuable employee. Have you ever had to lay someone off or let them go. Someone you knew personally, someone's house you have been to?

I've been running a small business for 18 years. Never laid people off, never cut pay. If it sounds like us against them, that is because one side will wants to insist that we are not all in this together and all solutions must be by cuts alone. One side wants all profit , no risk and no oversight.

M

MenInBrown

Stock market spiked yesterday on strong corporate earnings.

There is not one small business in my community that is a fortune 500 company or publically traded. There are millions other that arent too. I wouldnt put too much "stock" in the stock market...The Obama administration has flooded the markets with phony money (QE) Too bad majority of Americans dont work for Fortune 500 companies.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
There is not one small business in my community that is a fortune 500 company or publically traded. There are millions other that arent too. I wouldnt put too much "stock" in the stock market...The Obama administration has flooded the markets with phony money (QE) Too bad majority of Americans dont work for Fortune 500 companies.
That's not phony money in my 401k. I don't really give Obama much credit for it because the economy is cyclical, but the stock market has been very good to me during his presidency.

UPS Lifer

I've been running a small business for 18 years. Never laid people off, never cut pay. If it sounds like us against them, that is because one side will wants to insist that we are not all in this together and all solutions must be by cuts alone. One side wants all profit , no risk and no oversight.

You completely lost me.... If you own a small business and you are a good guy, what the hell gives you the idea that other small businesses are not good guys also??? How can you even fathom that other small businesses like you care only about profit, no risk and no oversight?

I have 30 years of managing a business and owning my own business and another 12 years watching my mom and dad struggle with their business. A good business owner will do everything as efficiently as possible, really look at the expenses and the bottom line. Evaluate the ROI at every step of the process and make changes as necessary to keep moving in a positive direction; continue to evaluate the consequences and effects of his/her decision making.

BO paints the picture you subscribe to. This comes from someone who thinks that big government is the answer to our problems. If that is correct, why is the economy struggling? Why...because he doe not understand our economy or how business works.

As a small business owner, you already know that other mom and pop businesses think like you do. Don't you want the best for your employees? I hope that you don't think that other small businesses want to crush their workers???

I think you may be equating small business with large corporations like UPS? Tell me that is not at the back of your mind. Even at UPS, if the regulations and business climate is bad then thousands of workers (including people in management) will be out of work. The company has to do well for us to have good health insurance and pension as well as other benefits. It will affect every employee, not just people with low seniority.

M

MenInBrown

That's not phony money in my 401k. I don't really give Obama much credit for it because the economy is cyclical, but the stock market has been very good to me during his presidency.

Be nieve...watch your 401k in the next couple of years bc of this...all that does is create another bubble. A bubble Im not even sure how Romney will be able to avoid it. I suggest you get out of the stock market while you are ahead then...If you constantly keep pumping money into the stock market what do you think the numbers in the stock market are gonna do...thats phony money. The same goes for the auto industry...dont tell me that GM is roaring back when 70-80% of their auto sale were to the government...again phony money.

bbsam

Staff member
It is possible that I am a good guy and a bad business owner. The bottom line does not dictate all decisions. In fact, I try for as long as possible to ignore the bottom line because the decisions I make really can and do affect my employees. And no, big government is not the complete answer but I am just as certain big business and their obsession is part of the problem.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Be nieve...watch your 401k in the next couple of years bc of this...all that does is create another bubble. A bubble Im not even sure how Romney will be able to avoid it. I suggest you get out of the stock market while you are ahead then...If you constantly keep pumping money into the stock market what do you think the numbers in the stock market are gonna do...thats phony money. The same goes for the auto industry...dont tell me that GM is roaring back when 70-80% of their auto sale were to the government...again phony money.
I lock in my gains at predetermined points, if you didn't learn that lesson during the last crash there's no hope for you. I can't believe you're seriously telling me to "get out of the stock market", that's just foolish advice.

M

MenInBrown

I lock in my gains at predetermined points, if you didn't learn that lesson during the last crash there's no hope for you. I can't believe you're seriously telling me to "get out of the stock market", that's just foolish advice.

ok