Bill Barr

MAKAVELI

Cool. Think it’d be good for the Democrats to get that confirmed.

My little head Drumpf? Don’t like and won’t vote for the guy.
According to you, right center Democrats will. At some point you have to make peace with who you really are.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So when Eric Holder refused to comply with Congress and Obama asserted executive privilege and Holder said he was Obama's wingman that was ok but what Trump and Barr are doing is totally outrageous and a threat to democracy?

Cue the "Back to The Future" theme. Again, you go back into the past and make an apples vs. bananas comparison and think the situations are analogous. No, and no.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It was started because the Trump campaign met with and encouraged Russians to meddle in our elections.

You're not going along with the narrative!! It was all a witch hoax set-up by the FBI to entrap Trump because they were mad that Hillary didn't win.

We have to investigate the investigators!!!

BrownArmy

You sure know how to build a straw man. Didn’t squash investigation, there is a remedy, see Nixon. Trump didn’t fall for it, he had advisors that coached him through the hit job smear piece. Last time I checked a president has a right to council from his cabinet, executive privilege. He did the investigation, released the report and findings. No obstruction, no collusion, no court of law. This was a hit piece just like the rest of the trash you allow into your mind daily because of your hatred of trump.

You're responding to a statement I didn't make.

I'm not talking about Trump, per se, I'm talking about the expansion of Executive power that we're witnessing RIGHT NOW.

And, if you're fine with what Trump and his boys are doing, I don't expect to hear any complaints from you when the next D President does equally shady stuff and ignores any oversight.

Because, you know.

vantexan

So pathetic that Republicans are trying to create a narrative where Trump is a"victim". We'll have to wait and see the whole extent of Trump's illegal actions.

Investigation of the investigators. That takes big brass balls, and I'm not sure Lindsay has a set. This is their lame story, and they're sticking to it.

Lindsay. Come out, then Trump won't have leverage over you any more.
Nothing to create. It happened, and some folks are going to pay for it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Nothing to create. It happened, and some folks are going to pay for it.

Liar. This is the GOP narrative, and they're going to play that tune until their base stops listening. Because all it takes is a shiny object to fascinate them for hours, it will probably work.

It works well on you.

Last edited by a moderator:

El Correcto

god is dead
You're responding to a statement I didn't make.

I'm not talking about Trump, per se, I'm talking about the expansion of Executive power that we're witnessing RIGHT NOW.

And, if you're fine with what Trump and his boys are doing, I don't expect to hear any complaints from you when the next D President does equally shady stuff and ignores any oversight.

Because, you know.
Trump isn’t ignoring oversight. The house caliphate is trying to subpoena, cool story, the executive doesn’t feel like it and don’t have to go along with your million dollar opposition research on tax payer dollars for 2020.

vantexan

You're also not answering my question, and I'm not even necessarily talking about Trump.

Barr is basically asserting that a President could fire anyone investigating him/her, and that for all intents and purposes, the President is immune to prosecution.

I say to you: you like that line of thinking now, but what if this becomes precedent, and the next Democrat President pulls the Barr rabbit out of the hat and says, 'We simply won't respond to anything the Legislative branch has to offer in terms of oversight'.

The logical conclusion of Barr's rhetoric and actions is that the Executive branch and the President are above the law.

I don't agree.
The President does have the power to fire anyone in his administration at anytime but if he does fire someone investigating him for wrongdoing he can be charged with obstruction. Barr's assertion was you can't indict a sitting president. But you can certainly impeach one.

vantexan

By the way Barr wasn't under subpoena when he refused to be interviewed by the House judiciary committee today. Within his rights to refuse.

El Correcto

god is dead
Why don’t democrats just subpoena the Trump admin they want to talk to? Because the Executive branch has a right not to show up and challenge them in court over it. Democrats will be shown wrong if it hit the Supreme Court. Why would Bill Barr show up to another political publicity stunt for democrats? Just to feed into this Russian hysteria they have manufactured over the last 3 years.

BrownArmy

Trump isn’t ignoring oversight. The house caliphate is trying to subpoena, cool story, the executive doesn’t feel like it and don’t have to go along with your million dollar opposition research on tax payer dollars for 2020.

Again, you haven't quite thought this through.

Trump doesn't get to ignore legal authority of the Legislative branch because he feels butt-hurt.

MAKAVELI

Drumpf is ignoring the rule of law and the Constitution. He is your king, now kneel before him.:happy2:

BrownArmy

Why don’t democrats just subpoena the Trump admin they want to talk to? Because the Executive branch has a right not to show up and challenge them in court over it. Democrats will be shown wrong if it hit the Supreme Court. Why would Bill Barr show up to another political publicity stunt for democrats? Just to feed into this Russian hysteria they have manufactured over the last 3 years.

Wait for it.

floridays

Cue the "Back to The Future" theme. Again, you go back into the past and make an apples vs. bananas comparison and think the situations are analogous. No, and no.
It's called history. You clowns are going back to Watergate about this. Let's be truthful.