Bitcoin/Ethereum/cryptocurrencies

Over70irregs

I would caution you against spending too much time debating a Bitcoin maximalist.
No maxi. Make your $ where you can. I want the cardboard boys/girls to know where all roads come from. Do your own thang. About to hit some coins for side bag. Just know difference. Something is up….why would this legislation be proposed? Tell me?

Over70irregs

AZ legaleeze……… Pay attention to #4. It’s still early yall. Coin up……..DYOR
1643431362689.png

Over70irregs

What about use case projects? Many of these alt coins are tech companies that sell Blockchain app solutions.
Good point. Liken them as apps on a cellphone system. The iphone had an 3rd party app that would turn on your flash and use it as a flashlight. After while the app was intuitively integrated into the regular structure of the phone thereby eliminating the need for a 3rd party app. Amazon is a master of sucking retailer bandwidth is another institutional look also.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Good point. Liken them as apps on a cellphone system. The iphone had an 3rd party app that would turn on your flash and use it as a flashlight. After while the app was intuitively integrated into the regular structure of the phone thereby eliminating the need for a 3rd party app.
In the analogy you're talking about, Ethereum would be Apple. Increasing scalability without
compromising security won't be possible without "3rd party apps" as you say. Alt coins aren't going anywhere.

wilberforce15

Trading alt coins should be no different than trading stocks. If the project makes sense there will be perceived and real value.
Yep. But remember: the car took over the world and some people made boatloads.

But 99% of car manufacturers went out of business.

The number of successful Alt coins will be a little bigger. But the pricinple will remain. The tech is inevitable. The winners will be a fraction of the participants.

Even a top 10 or 20 project now may be seen as a mere historical curiosity that failed early, like an Eckhart or Desoto.

Over70irregs

In the analogy you're talking about, Ethereum would be Apple. Increasing scalability without
compromising security won't be possible without "3rd party apps" as you say. Alt coins aren't going anywhere.
Too much money being made on VC investments you are correct. Gaming and meta will always grow. They have their own little economies like chuck cheese tokens.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Probably within next decade most of worlds currency will move to Bitcoin. Possibly work in tandem BTC savings/Dollar checking. Majority of alts are dependent on BTC but are going to 0 since they are not stores of value or function as currency. Stablecoins are a big target right now since they pay 6-10%. Banks are SEC whining. We are early. (Do your research)
View attachment 370013
Bitcoin maxies are hilarious.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
People ask me all of the time. How does origintrail have so much going on but no one knows about them. I can’t explain it other than they don’t market to retail investors. They spend their time and resources getting businesses on board.

Here is an hour and half long video of a conference with anyone who is anyone in the pharmaceutical industry talking about how the ODN is going to be the backbone of the entire supply chain tracking and auditing system for pharma. This video is over 6 months old and has 40 views!!!

Over70irregs

People have their opinions on this protest but freedom of funds and sovereignty is what Bitcoin is all about. They have since “allowed” some of the funds dispersed. If you can not access your funds it is useless money and wealth. MAXI THAT

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The first rule would compel transactions to unhosted wallets exceeding $10K to be subject to currency transaction reports, much like banks do for transactions exceeding $10K. The second rule was a personal data rule, which compels banks to record a customer’s details and counterparty if they take part in any transaction over $3K involving an unhosted wallet.

Over70irregs

The first rule would compel transactions to unhosted wallets exceeding $10K to be subject to currency transaction reports, much like banks do for transactions exceeding $10K. The second rule was a personal data rule, which compels banks to record a customer’s details and counterparty if they take part in any transaction over $3K involving an unhosted wallet.
No keys no cheese. Once CBDCs kick in it will be controlled. Use your fiat for your sovereignty.