Build That Wall!!

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
In 1956 Pres. Eisenhower started his new Interstate Highway system. It was declared finished in 1992 (36 years). It was a total of 41,000 miles of 4 lane highways crisscrossing the USA both north to south and east to west. If that can be done in only 36 years a measly wall 18-20 feet high can easily be built a couple of thousand miles in less than 4 or 5 years. Piece of cake--BUILD THAT WALL
I read somewhere that the average cost was a million bucks per mile.
Imagine what it would be now.

LarryBird

legalize it? all of it?
We've had worse ideas...

...like waging a WAR on substances which can never be won, because at no point in time has prohibition of something people wanted worked in the history of civilization, nor will it ever.

We can begin by using the model that's worked so well in Portugal, and decriminalize small amounts of all drugs for personal use. Part of the drug problem stems from the fact that once you've been convicted of a drug felony, your chance for a successful life is essentially over, and that helps to perpetuate the cycle of addiction and arrest. If you treat the problem instead of punishing the user, over time the problem will shrink.

I don't think the legalization of heroin and crack should necessarily happen, BUT if you take out the criminal element, and treat it/regulate it as a medical issue, the crime disappears - junkies will not commit crime if they're getting regular access to safe drugs from a medical/gov't program, and will actually become productive members of society who hold down jobs - just like the functional alcoholics and prescription opiate/amphetamine users we ALL already work with at UPS. If you think you don't work with some of these people already, you are nuts or fooling yourself.

By the way, the UK has been giving prescription heroin to addicts for years and it worked just fine. Society didn't fall apart, kids were not getting hooked at any greater rates, and the sky didn't fall.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
1,953 1/2 miles to go

Hey smart guy... This isn't Trumps Wall, it was private landowners that had this wall built. ttku

"The group has eyes on other areas where private landowners hold border lands and want a barrier to cut down on the illegal traffic across their property."

Now Trump has less wall to build. :lol:

LarryBird

Are people in prison for smoking pot?
Let's try an experiment:
Why don't you head down to your local precinct, sorry, I meant the Mayberry county sheriff's office, and spark up a fat doobie snack. Blow a bomber hit in Andy's face, and then ask Barney if he wants a rip off your dosia, while you do that hold it in/talk/cough through the nose maneuver the reefer toking pros do.

If they try to arrest you, eat that :censored2:, and say "arrest me for what"?...

Then report back with the results.

Genuinely curious what the outcome would be.