Build That Wall!!

bbsam

Staff member
It’s got some good stuff in it.

“A decade or two ago,” says Jason Furman, a former chairman of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisers, “Democrats were divided on immigration. Now everyone agrees and is passionate and thinks very little about any potential downsides”

A larger explanation is political. Between 2008 and 2016, Democrats became more and more confident that the country’s growing Latino population gave the party an electoral edge. To win the presidency, Democrats convinced themselves, they didn’t need to reassure white people skeptical of immigration so long as they turned out their Latino base. “The fastest-growing sector of the American electorate stampeded toward the Democrats this November,” Salon declared after Obama’s 2008 win. “If that pattern continues, the GOP is doomed to 40 years of wandering in a desert.”
Yes. Well I believe the Democrats have been willing to do border security, just not the wall the president is looking for.

MAKAVELI

Banned
What’s fun about this immigration squabble is watching the new leftists fight with a 90’s Democrat over immigration.

Trump is just reminding them of what they used to preach and how they use to look out for American workers when it comes to illegal immigration.
I don't see a line of Muricans waiting to be working in the fields.

El Correcto

god is dead

I remember when democrats gave a :censored2: about workers and realized the damage it does to our social safety net.

That’s before they figured out they could win elections off the backs of illegals.

BrownArmy

Total Cluster.

Make Donald show what he wants the money for; debate that.

In some places, put up slats or whatever, the rest, use technology.

The dems could give some here if Trump wasn’t being so bizarre, they’re on record as being in favor of a lot of this.

Don’t call it a ‘wall’, whatever, just get something done.

But the ‘wall’ is a band-aid for a bleeding artery...fix the immigration system.

If my kitchen sink is leaking, I don’t buy more buckets, I fix the leak.

A wall is less than useless until we address the structural issues of illegal immigration.

El Correcto

god is dead
Total Cluster.

The dems could give some here if Trump wasn’t being so bizarre, they’re on record as being in favor of a lot of this.

But the ‘wall’ is a band-aid for a bleeding artery...fix the immigration system.

A wall is less than useless until we address the structural issues of illegal immigration.
I agree. Give us a merit based immigration system and build the wall.

Enough immigrants flooding the American labor force driving down American wages.

Good talk guys, I think we reached a logical conclusion through this dialogue.

Democrats support illegals, lower unskilled American wages, strain our social safety nets, flood streets with illicit narcotics and put American lives at risk all for political gain.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Total Cluster.

It's funny actually.

Literally no one is talking about immigration reform anymore.

This has been a great distraction for maintaining the terrible immigration system everyone hates.

BrownArmy

I agree. Give us a merit based immigration system and build the wall.

Enough immigrants flooding the American labor force driving down American wages.

Good talk guys, I think we reached a logical conclusion through this dialogue.

Democrats support illegals, lower unskilled American wages, strain our social safety nets, flood streets with illicit narcotics and put American lives at risk all for political gain.

Wrong, again, not sure where to start.

El Correcto

god is dead
Wrong, again, not sure where to start.
387585DC-06A4-43C7-A78C-E334F17D9687.jpeg

Start by putting on these, then libsplaining how democrats have an immigration reform proposal worth a damn.

BrownArmy

It's funny actually.

Literally no one is talking about immigration reform anymore.

This has been a great distraction for maintaining the terrible immigration system everyone hates.

I don’t quite understand it, my only conclusion is that immigration is such an inflammatory lever for both sides that neither side is inclined to fix the problem.

Sad.

El Correcto

god is dead
Nah better yet explain to me how saying chain migration is racist and compares illegal immigrants to slavery.

Or how anchor baby is racist and we can’t say that either.

BrownArmy

View attachment 230329
Start by putting on these, then libsplaining how democrats have an immigration reform proposal worth a damn.

Lulz, at this point it’s not Demobots or Republicons, literally no one in government has a plan for fixing our immigration system, and moreover, it’s not part of the conversation.

Trump is a toddler, dems are hitting back after years of repub obstruction, not looking good here.

Really sad.

El Correcto

god is dead
Lulz, at this point it’s not Demobots or Republicons, literally no one in government has a plan for fixing our immigration system, and moreover, it’s not part of the conversation.

Trump is a toddler, dems are hitting back after years of repub obstruction, not looking good here.

Really sad.
upload_2019-1-9_20-24-55.jpeg

I know a man who at least had the balls to speak out against it even in the face of his own party.

BrownArmy

Nah better yet explain to me how saying chain migration is racist and compares illegal immigrants to slavery.

I don’t know about any of that, my point was that you’re blaming the dems, but this is dual-party choadery all around.

MAKAVELI

Banned

Worked for European immigrants. Seems like cuckservatives just don't like chain migration/ anchor babies for brown people and Muslims.

El Correcto

god is dead
Worked for European immigrants. Seems like cuckservatives just don't like chain migration/ anchor babies for brown people and Muslims.
I don’t even like the Europeans coming over if I’m being honest.

Sold a car to a dude from England, went over to his house to sign some paperwork and he had a Beto sign posted in his front yard.

All those European countries preach government expansion and power, their right wing is very different from ours.