Cameras installed in Ground vehicles today.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The key word here is "business". A business carries with it a considerable degree of autonomy . That's something you don't have. All you're doing is carrying out the orders FXG hands to you. Your entire fate is in the hands of someone other than yourself due to the fact that when it comes to customers.....you've only got one. And that's a person who has a "business" and tries (in vain) to project himself as a "businessman.
Have you heard of the service industry?

They’re all businesses. Shocking!

ManInBrown

Walked in this morning with to see a video camera installed where my rearview mirror was and sound recorders on my dash. Anyone else have a camera installed in their ground vehicle yet? I feel violated.
There goes pulling nose first into 30 foot driveways, and leaving the truck running while going inside a commercial business.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I don’t take orders from anyone. I operate under a contract. If one of your managers asked you to do something outside the bounds of your teamster contract are you going to tell him no?
We have to work as directed unless it is a safety hazard. Then grieve it later.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The key word here is "business". A business carries with it a considerable degree of autonomy . That's something you don't have. All you're doing is carrying out the orders FXG hands to you. Your entire fate is in the hands of someone other than yourself due to the fact that when it comes to customers.....you've only got one. And that's a person who has a "business" and tries (in vain) to project himself as a "businessman"?

Yes, the work is labor intensive and exacts a physical toll. And knowing the extent of that toll unlike you I wouldn't stoop to sending a guy out and do a job i wouldn't do myself and subject himself to the physical beating and long term health effects unless I could give him a healthcare and pension plan that responded to that condition was comparable to what the industry's leaders payed their people. Yes, you try to convince us that your pay and benefit plan is comparable to the rest of the industry but we all know that it's nowhere close to that standard as evidenced by your steadfast unwillingness to disclose your compensation plan . Yeah, I would be ashamed too if I paid what you're paying.

The result is your wasting your time with this group of contributors trying to make us believe that you're something you're not.

BOOM!!!

bacha29

The problem with all of this is no one is holding a gun to anyone's head making them work for Ground in any capacity. Yes, it sucks for average employees. But in your world you envision average employees getting even by holding a gun to the head of everyone, making them do the work for equal pay. Has never, won't ever work.
And all this coming from a guy who cried and moaned about his cheap pension and healthcare benefits. You're the kind of person I'm talking about. What you have is an industry that is undergoing a full and complete destruction of the industry's wage base. Scab truckers like IWBF are at the forefront of that destruction yet have the audacity to demand the respect and admiration of. his peers.

vantexan

And all this coming from a guy who cried and moaned about his cheap pension and healthcare benefits. You're the kind of person I'm talking about. What you have is an industry that is undergoing a full and complete destruction of the industry's wage base. Scab truckers like IWBF are at the forefront of that destruction yet have the audacity to demand the respect and admiration of. his peers.
And as I said it sucks to work for Ground. But are you saying if they don't get what you think they should you're ok with guns being put to people's heads to force it?

AB831

The key word here is "business". A business carries with it a considerable degree of autonomy . That's something you don't have. All you're doing is carrying out the orders FXG hands to you. Your entire fate is in the hands of someone other than yourself due to the fact that when it comes to customers.....you've only got one. And that's a person who has a "business" and tries (in vain) to project himself as a "businessman"?
An eBay seller would have more justification for using the term “businessman” than this chump. He’s just another case of the “king and peasant” mentality that runs through this company like a virus, and like most cases, the difference between the “king” and the peasants isn’t all that much.

XEQaF

I remember as a former contractor having a discussion about the future of cameras; 'so YOU unilaterally made the decision that YOU want cameras in MY trucks and I have to pay for most of the installs and the monthly monitoring plan?? and I don't have a say in this?? Oh it's for safety? But I have my own fleet insurance and I trust my drivers because I trained them.
You can make a lot of money as a contractor but is it worth trading in your independence? Like any position in FedEx it's 'STFU hand over your balls and you'll get paid'
No thanks, I keep my integrity and dignity, you guys can keep on keeping on

AB831

I remember as a former contractor having a discussion about the future of cameras; 'so YOU unilaterally made the decision that YOU want cameras in MY trucks and I have to pay for most of the installs and the monthly monitoring plan?? and I don't have a say in this?? Oh it's for safety? But I have my own fleet insurance and I trust my drivers because I trained them.
You can make a lot of money as a contractor but is it worth trading in your independence? Like any position in FedEx it's 'STFU hand over your balls and you'll get paid'
Contractor, ops manager, grunt, whatever. Your ass belongs to Fat Freddy, and don’t you forget it

It will be fine

The purpose of operating a business is to make money. I have a customer that pays their bill every week. The customer has increasing demand for service every year that gives my company organic growth that averages 10-20% annually. Meeting the needs of that customer doesn’t lower my integrity or dignity. BTW as a contractor your fleet is insured by FedEx so you don’t have your own fleet insurance.

AB831

The purpose of operating a business is to make money. I have a customer that pays their bill every week. The customer has increasing demand for service every year that gives my company organic growth that averages 10-20% annually. Meeting the needs of that customer doesn’t lower my integrity or dignity. BTW as a contractor your fleet is insured by FedEx so you don’t have your own fleet insurance.
My brother is selling a flannel shirt on eBay. Maybe you entrepreneurs can do a joint venture together.