Cameras installed in Ground vehicles today.

It will be fine

You should tell my contractor that 😂
There’s no way to know what type of debt your contractor is carrying. If they bought their contract at a bad price there may not be anything they can do. Some contractors are greedy or bad at money management, some just can’t operate well with their debt load. There’s no one size fits all determination.

McFeely

Huge Member
Your drivers are making up to $30hr? Have healthcare and a retirement plan?
How many Express drivers do you know making $30 or topped out?

I don’t believe the average express driver makes $30/hr
My station average for pay is probably around $20/hr, even since the addition of the step plan. I can count on one hand the number of topped out drivers in my station. Turnover is high with Express, so all the new people are at step 1 (for now, and likely for a long time). Most drivers in my station are on step 4 or lower.

McFeely

Huge Member
From what I gather from this site my drivers get paid more and have better benefits than the average Express driver.

I believe the Ground guy in my area makes a little more than me weekly. He also works five 11-hour days, moves 3x the packages, 8x the weight, and drives a truck 1.5x bigger than mine. I'll keep my 8 hour route moving envelopes and punching out before 5 each day.

My benefits are better than what he's offered.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I believe the Ground guy in my area makes a little more than me weekly. He also works five 11-hour days, moves 3x the packages, 8x the weight, and drives a truck 1.5x bigger than mine. I'll keep my 8 hour route moving envelopes and punching out before 5 each day.
There's a reason that the migration is overwhelmingly from Ground to Express instead of the other way around.

vantexan

How many Express drivers do you know making $30 or topped out?

My station average for pay is probably around $20/hr, even since the addition of the step plan. I can count on one hand the number of topped out drivers in my station. Turnover is high with Express, so all the new people are at step 1 (for now, and likely for a long time). Most drivers in my station are on step 4 or lower.
I've worked in a lot of stations where close to half the employees were topped out. There was a time when couriers topped out quickly and they held on. But as FedEx slowed down topping out to ridiculous amounts of time, if ever, I imagine by this point they are seeing older topped out couriers starting to retire in large numbers, leaving mostly midrange employees and newhires. But if you were to average pay in a high payscale area like where @It will be fine lives I'm pretty certain it's higher than what he pays as that payscale is starting at over $20hr.

Steamer

You’ll get crickets from the Express and UPS folk that believe they are inherently superior.
By the way it was a malfunction. Not driver error or an integrity issue.

Attachments

• crickets-964067686.jpg
    crickets-964067686.jpg
    569.5 KB · Views: 114

McFeely

Huge Member
You’ll get crickets from the Express and UPS folk that believe they are inherently superior.

I don’t know what you expect us to actually say about it. Express drivers would be terminated if they drove through a fence and left without reporting it. UPS likely the same. Ground driver in that video deserves to be fired as well if he drove off as shown in the video :shrugs:

It will be fine

I don’t know what you expect us to actually say about it. Express drivers would be terminated if they drove through a fence and left without reporting it. UPS likely the same. Ground driver in that video deserves to be fired as well if he drove off as shown in the video :shrugs:
I’m sure that driver was fired, what’s your point?