Can I collect unemployment if...

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
So does anyone have an answer to my original post?
86e1ef1eab.gif

HD219

That’s not how we do things here. The answer is no. Your current contractor can’t offer you employment somewhere else to get out of unemployment. At most he can give you a lead at another opportunity. Unemployed people get leads for jobs all the time. You can say you applied if it becomes an issue but it won’t because that’s not legit. I’m sure he’ll tell you that to scare you into not applying but he’ll need to give unemployment a better reason if he tries to dispute the case.
Thank you. That's all I was looking for. Knew you'd have an answer since you were a contractor. I did not expect this thread to go off the rails like it did.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Id like to believe that the computer would at least recognize that the tires were flat and would pull off the road.
Well we’ll see how well the computer does when it can’t make contact with the orbiting satellite that’s non-operational due to excessive solar flares or sunspots.

JJinVA

Well we’ll see how well the computer does when it can’t make contact with the orbiting satellite that’s non-operational due to excessive solar flares or sunspots.

If it ever has to make a trip through the projects, it's signals will likely be jammed by all the police scanners in use. I know they mess w the key fobs big time. It'll be sitting in the middle of the street in the projects trying to make a decision. I'm sure that will go down swell

fedx

Extra Large Package
I doubt he fires people for no reason. What type of loser prefers unemployment over a job?

When the government is paying you $1,000/week for unemployment vs $600/week working at FedEx, I think anyone in their right mind would stay home and collect the much bigger paycheck just to watch TV.

JJinVA

When the government is paying you $1,000/week for unemployment vs $600/week working at FedEx, I think anyone in their right mind would stay home and collect the much bigger paycheck just to watch TV.

It's true in the short term. But the government can turn your money off whenever they want, whereas, at a job you make that money as long as your employed there. Same w welfare. The amount of trust ppl put into the government is astounding to me. The sad thing is, ppl trust to the point of becoming reliant, and one day they wake up and there's no money on the card anymore, there are no more job opportunities available, and all they have left is crime and imprisonment. Vicious cycle

It will be fine

There’s plenty of people in their right mind that also have personal pride.

fedx

Extra Large Package
There’s plenty of people in their right mind that also have personal pride.

That maybe so, but you can't
It's true in the short term. But the government can turn your money off whenever they want, whereas, at a job you make that money as long as your employed there. Same w welfare. The amount of trust ppl put into the government is astounding to me. The sad thing is, ppl trust to the point of becoming reliant, and one day they wake up and there's no money on the card anymore, there are no more job opportunities available, and all they have left is crime and imprisonment. Vicious cycle

That's true, so you go get the big bucks on unemployment until they turn off the spigot, then you go get a job. I'm just saying if you get fired, go get the unemployment and relax for a few months. I agree that it's not right that they are paying unemployed folks considerably more than people who are working. The government (Democrats) shuts down the country (to try to get people to vote Trump out) and then pay them not to look for a job so the economy stays in shambles.

HD219

Sounds to me like he quit and the contractor has all the evidence in text messages should he try to collect unemployment.
I worked the past 2 days tho. I could collect unemployment because I'd be getting fired for no legitimate reason.