Canada lifts black voices

rickyb

Doesn’t mean he’s not either. Money doesn’t necessarily equal better. But it does signify Society feels it is.
ups could be worse, but you got heavy lifting, long hours, supervisor harassment.

at the hospital you just get long hours and thats assuming you cant find an 8 hour shift, and you can definitely work 1 day and take a day off.

Thebrownblob

ups could be worse, but you got heavy lifting, long hours, supervisor harassment.

at the hospital you just get long hours and thats assuming you cant find an 8 hour shift, and you can definitely work 1 day and take a day off.
I rarely get harassed, heavy lifting sure, but I don’t mind the hard work. I work slightly over nine hours every day not too bad in my opinion, And I don’t really want a day off except for Saturday and Sunday. 🤷‍♂️

Box Ox

at the hospital you just get long hours and thats assuming you cant find an 8 hour shift

Hope you're being a good comrade and taking public transportation home if you're having to work 8 hours. Wouldn't want you falling asleep behind the wheel.

vantexan

Or in your case you show up and hang out one day then take the next day off.

vantexan

Capitalism doesnt incentivize hard work although some ppl do
So you're openly admitting you're in a career path that is there to help people but you have no intention to work hard to help people because of capitalism. Healthcare pays pretty well in the States. Does it not in Canada? Or are you upset that it doesn't pay even better with at least 3 months off a year?

Last edited:

rickyb

So you're openly admitting you're in career path that is there to help people but you have no intention to work hard to help people because of capitalism. Healthcare pays pretty well in the States. Does it not in Canada? Or are you upset that it doesn't pay even better with at least 3 months off a year?
hospital jobs are not capitalist here but they are undemocratic

when i was an ecg tech i had good work ethic because its people's lives

vantexan

hospital jobs are not capitalist here but they are undemocratic

when i was an ecg tech i had good work ethic because its people's lives
But you're going to fight the good fight at your hospital in spite of ill people all around you. You'll take that better pay but won't earn it.

rickyb

But you're going to fight the good fight at your hospital in spite of ill people all around you. You'll take that better pay but won't earn it.
at my last hospital job we were overworked so we did lots of complaint reports to union and supervisor and they hired more workers.

plus you can just work less.

vantexan

at my last hospital job we were overworked so we did lots of complaint reports to union and supervisor and they hired more workers.

plus you can just work less.
I find it hard to believe you've ever been overworked. Maybe at a location for longer than you'd like in a day, but highly doubtful you were busting it.

rickyb

I find it hard to believe you've ever been overworked. Maybe at a location for longer than you'd like in a day, but highly doubtful you were busting it.
hey sherlock, if the workplace is undemocratic, you will likely be overworked

power corrupts