Cancel culture—-ON TOPIC

El Correcto

god is dead
I assume it means whatever folks say when they claim it’s under attack. I assume it means they’re trying to hang on to something they feel is at risk.
What do you think it means?
Why does us being white matter so much to you?
Personally I’d be more offended by @MAKAVELI he comes on here doing a modern blackface routine pretending to be black because he likes 2pac and smoking marijuana.

bbsam

Staff member
Why does us being white matter so much to you?
Personally I’d be more offended by @MAKAVELI he comes on here doing a modern blackface routine pretending to be black because he likes 2pac and smoking marijuana.
It doesn’t matter to me. This started with a racist rant on an open mic about black women basketball players. Who do you think is supporting that racist rant?

newfie

It doesn’t matter to me. This started with a racist rant on an open mic about black women basketball players. Who do you think is supporting that racist rant?
liberals? They seem to get much more enjoyment out of them politically then anyone else. At least this guy will earn the embarrassment and loss of employment where many are losing their lively hoods simply for challenging the cancel culture mentality.

bbsam

Staff member
liberals? They seem to get much more enjoyment out of them politically then anyone else. At least this guy will earn the embarrassment and loss of employment where many are losing their lively hoods simply for challenging the cancel culture mentality.
Are you calling yourself a liberal? Lol. That’s ok. Your answer is telling and your attempt at deflection pathetic.

bbsam

Staff member
I still don’t get your whole cancel culture thing. Are you saying that people should get to be asses, say offensive and idiotic things and they can’t be boycotted for it? Why not? It’s not a violation of anyone’s rights if I choose not to do business with someone or not listen to someone or see someone’s movie. It’s not even a violation for me to try to get others to boycott those things.

newfie

Are you calling yourself a liberal? Lol. That’s ok. Your answer is telling and your attempt at deflection pathetic.
no. I'm not bothered by people who commit random acts of stupidity.
I am bothered by the attacks on our free speech under the guise of racism.
Thats not a deflection thats a serious problem of McCarthy like proportions

newfie

I still don’t get your whole cancel culture thing. Are you saying that people should get to be asses, say offensive and idiotic things and they can’t be boycotted for it? Why not? It’s not a violation of anyone’s rights if I choose not to do business with someone or not listen to someone or see someone’s movie. It’s not even a violation for me to try to get others to boycott those things.
harry and megan are paid 7 million for an interview. the home wrecker makes claims of racism without any details or proof. it sticks
Pierce defends the royal family. he becomes a racist
Cheryl osborne defends pierce as being a good man who is not racist and suddenly becomes a racist.

El Correcto

god is dead
Did that rant about women’s basketball cut you deep? Did make you think of the Jim Crow era days when police officers would beat the :censored2: out of the freedom riders or back when blacks were pulled out of jails by white mobs and lynched? Did it really hurt you that bad Sam? Do you think the mean man ranting about women’s basketball is going to be the next :censored2:ing hitler?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Rallying others to back your boycott/cancel thing, WITHOUT VETTING THE INFORMATION, is stepping over the line.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
[
no. I'm not bothered by people who commit random acts of stupidity.
I am bothered by the attacks on our free speech under the guise of racism.
Thats not a deflection thats a serious problem of McCarthy like proportions
Considering the current occupants of our Capitol, thinking McCarthy could have been on to something.

newfie

Did that rant about women’s basketball cut you deep? Did make you think of the Jim Crow era days when police officers would beat the * out of the freedom riders or back when blacks were pulled out of jails by white mobs and lynched? Did it really hurt you that bad Sam? Do you think the mean man ranting about women’s basketball is going to be the next *ing hitler?
it clearly traumatized him and made him question the country he lives in. I would expect his silence may be an indication he is packing his suitcases for quick departure.

newfie

[
Considering the current occupants of our Capitol, thinking McCarthy could have been on to something.
there definitely is a relationship between cancel culture and marxism

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
there definitely is a relationship between cancel culture and marxism

Didn't see Usain Bolt.

He is the world's fastest foot racist!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Cancel culture isn't about boycotting, or getting others to do the same. Anybody who claims to think that's what it is about is either not very bright, or lying. Assuming legality, no one should care what aspects of culture you consume or don't.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Conservatives: “We support capitalism and free enterprise.“
Also conservatives: “Toy companies should not be allowed to make a gender neutral plastic potato.”

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Conservatives: “Cancel culture is destroying America.”
Also conservatives: “Boycott Nike and the NFL because Colin Kaepernick knelt for the anthem.”

newfie

Conservatives: “We support capitalism and free enterprise.“
Also conservatives: “Toy companies should not be allowed to make a gender neutral plastic potato.”
your selective condemnation has been noted . let me expand your horizons from CNN

1616025984750.png