Cancel culture—-ON TOPIC

MAKAVELI

And yet people have followed them for centuries. No one is saying religion has been perfect, but it has provided people with basic guidelines on how to act and treat others.
Wars, slavery, murder, genocide, etc. have all been committed under the guise of religion. Religion was created by man to control the masses for the benefit of the few in power.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Once upon a time, religion was practiced by most. As that number has dropped considerably, so too have the morals and values of our society.

Everyone practices religion, some practice ones that have been developed for hundreds or thousands of years, many are practicing new ones in which the rules change constantly, and they don't really know what they believe anymore, or even what it means to believe something.

Mutineer

Feel safe? Looking for a safe zone? Lol. Carry on snowflake.
Yes. I feel safe. Although I have concerns about the future of my offspring. I was asking you.

Weren't you yammering awhile back about buying a shotgun and a pistol?
Dontchya' know that only wild-eyed, paranoid, crazy rednecks want guns?

Nevermind then, I have my answer.
without an established foundation of belief or practice.
So far as I can determine, the only established foundation of guilt is to be a white male. To be Asian isn't far behind.
Wars, slavery, murder, genocide, etc. have all been committed under the guise of religion. Religion was created by man to control the masses for the benefit of the few in power.
I agree. Religion has been grossly misused (like everything else) by terrible people.
Black culture
That's kinda' harsh. I think "inner city culture" would be a far more accurate term. Also, it's more inclusive. But then, that would be dismissed as 'cultural appropriation'.

It sure is hard to predict what is 'proper' among the woke crowd in order not to be branded a racist.
And make no mistake, it's that way by design.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
@Mutineer
My Dad retired DuPont after 40 years. I worked there in summers while in college. Many I graduated with got a job there. At 22 and over qualified, and knowing all the right people, no offer came.
The last time I applied, I knew it was a joke. There was a minority page that could be filled out. ( voluntary of course)
I was a black woman , disabled, veteran with a GED. Never worked. The front office knew me.
The quota had to be filled.
First flag for me that being a white male may not be welcomed.

It will be fine

@Mutineer
My Dad retired DuPont after 40 years. I worked there in summers while in college. Many I graduated with got a job there. At 22 and over qualified, and knowing all the right people, no offer came.
The last time I applied, I knew it was a joke. There was a minority page that could be filled out. ( voluntary of course)
I was a black woman , disabled, veteran with a GED. Never worked. The front office knew me.
The quota had to be filled.
First flag for me that being a white male may not be welcomed.
Maybe the fact that they knew you had something to do with not offering you a job.

vantexan

You should really study the history of religion some time. You might just be surprised how those " morals and values " of religion were never really there.
Long before there was mass communication there was religion. Those who controlled it controlled the masses and many abused that power. They will be judged accordingly.