Chernobyl, Ohio

Gotta Go

1676736476613.png

FozziesDeliveries

“I learned today from the PUCO [Public Utilities Council of Ohio] that this train was not considered a high hazardous material train,” DeWine said. As a result, the railroad was not required to notify anyone in Ohio about what the train was carrying.
This was an extremely informative article covering alot of aspects about the derailment. Thank you for linking it.

FozziesDeliveries

I may of missed it in all the links but i only saw ONE sentance off handidly mentioning this other detail. Security footage from businesses in Salem show the trains axle on fire. Salem is 20 some miles from East Palestine.

web-defect-detectors-norfolk-southern-railroad-route-650-px.jpeg

Here is an article discussing that with one of the security cam videos in it. Around 18 seconds you can see the axle on fire in the video.

Footage showing a fiery axle 20 miles before East Palestine train derailment raises questions about alert timing

And in case you don't feel like clicking that article here is a news clip that shows it and talks about it...

rickyb

I may of missed it in all the links but i only saw ONE sentance off handidly mentioning this other detail. Security footage from businesses in Salem show the trains axle on fire. Salem is 20 some miles from East Palestine.

View attachment 418341

Here is an article discussing that with one of the security cam videos in it. Around 18 seconds you can see the axle on fire in the video.

Footage showing a fiery axle 20 miles before East Palestine train derailment raises questions about alert timing

And in case you don't feel like clicking that article here is a news clip that shows it and talks about it...

people can inspect trains too

you can feel the heat coming off rail cars without them turning color.

the conductor can even inspect his own train: he would get off and watching it pass.

Thebrownblob

people can inspect trains too

you can feel the heat coming off rail cars without them turning color.

the conductor can even inspect his own train: he would get off and watching it pass.
That’s not very likely easy thing to do when a train is a couple miles long. These companies could put sensors on every car, but they chose not to to save money.

rickyb

That’s not very likely easy thing to do when a train is a couple miles long. These companies could put sensors on every car, but they chose not to to save money.
the air brake laws are 150 years old or something lol

i used to do inspections on route at hudsons bay railway, did inspections coming into the train yard.

also track crews can do inspections.