Christianity

El Correcto

god is dead
Men never "came up" with anything in Scripture.
"knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone’s own interpretation. For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God what the Holy Spirit told them to speak and write..."- 2 Peter 1:20-21
yeah they did, nothing you babble on about is divine, you are not preaching truth.
You are a deeply delusional individual that can’t even accept basic facts about reality in favor of your fairytales.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Indoctrination must have been hot and heavy in his household.
Neither one of my parents were not and are not Christians now. My Dad just turned 90 and my Mom is 86. My Dad has never held a Bible in his hand or darkened the door of any church building. Only time I heard God's name come out of his mouth was when he was cursing.

Last edited:

BrownFlush

me & helped me to understand that I can't just dig into my set position & cast everyone else off.
If you didn't come to some sort of conclusion, I can't see how it helped you. If your conclusion is "everybody has good points" and you can't "dig into a position" either you're still learning or you've decided not to take a position.
Two people, one verse.
Both can be wrong about what it means.
But, they cannot both be right with different conclusions.
Only one can be right and one can be wrong.
Dig in.

El Correcto

god is dead
Dig in.
That is just your delusional nature on the subject. You believe you know the god given truth of a book. That the meaning you get from that book is the only truth worth believing in.

People pull different things from literature all time Tommy, different meanings come from their life experiences when they read something. Literature is part of liberal arts for a reason, it helps develop critical thinking in folks, helps them to figure out their point of view of the world. A book can be like a painting, where people are drawn to different conclusions or point of views. That is fine.

You should be happy someone else enjoys your favorite book and appreciate their point of view. Not sit there and deride them for not living their life to your meaning of the book or sharing every point of view you have about it.

Maybe consider for a second that you don’t have all the answers to reality because you studied a single book.

BrownFlush

That is just your delusional nature on the subject. You believe you know the god given truth of a book. That the meaning you get from that book is the only truth worth believing in.
My delusional nature. lol,ok....Yes, I believe the book is God given. The meaning I get from the book is not that it is the only truth worth knowing. But, the truths it teaches are eternal and they certainly matter and effect the way I live now, which will determine where I'll live when I die.
People pull different things from literature all time Tommy, different meanings come from their life experiences when they read something. Literature is part of liberal arts for a reason, it helps develop critical thinking in folks, helps them to figure out their point of view of the world. A book can be like a painting, where people are drawn to different conclusions or point of views. That is fine.
It might be fine with you, but I can assure you, that's not what is fine with God when it comes to his Divine Word.
You should be happy someone else enjoys your favorite book and appreciate their point of view. Not sit there and deride them for not living their life to your meaning of the book or sharing every point of view you have about it.
Deride? Nope... If I see it different than someone else, I'm asking questions. Not just for them, but for me. If I'm believing and teaching something that's not according to scripture, I want to stop and believe and teach what is.
Maybe consider for a second that you don’t have all the answers to reality because you studied a single book.
I don't have to consider that for even a second. I don't have all the answers. But, I do have a few when it comes to the "reality"of the only "God breathed "book that I know of.

Last edited:

rickyb

Banned
My delusional nature. lol,ok....Yes, I believe the book is God given. The meaning I get from the book is not that it is the only truth worth knowing. But, the truths it teaches are eternal and they certainly matter and effect the way I live now, which will determine where I'll live when I die.

It might be fine with you, but I can assure you, that's not what is fine with God.

Deride? Nope... If I see it different than someone else, I'm asking questions. Not just for them, but for me. If I'm believing and teaching something that's not according to scripture, I want to stop and believe and teach what is.

I don't have to consider that for even a second. I don't have all the answers. But, I do have a few when it comes to the "reality"of the only "God breathed "book that I know of.
my "christian" neighbours who brag about it lie a lot.

Integrity

Binge Poster
If you didn't come to some sort of conclusion, I can't see how it helped you. If your conclusion is "everybody has good points" and you can't "dig into a position" either you're still learning or you've decided not to take a position.
Two people, one verse.
Dig in.
Digging in I have to break the news to you but, my observation and experience is clear that both can be wrong yes, but both can be right as well. That is what has been revealed to me.

El Correcto

god is dead
That’s fine. I guess.

It might be fine with you, but I can assure you, that's not what is fine with God when it comes to his Divine Word.
You don’t speak for god Tommy that is your delusional nature again.
When was the last time anyone taught you something about scripture on here? When was the last time you were like huh, that is correct and I am wrong?
Don’t think I’ve ever seen that, because of your delusional nature.
You don’t know that, that is your delusional nature again. You believe that, have faith in that, same way they do in their nonsense.

El Correcto

god is dead
Some truths are self evident.
Reality speaks very loudly.
Leftists don't like that.

They speak of "their truth".
Narcissism is at the root of it.
Godless people rebel against reality.
They try to make themselves into gods.
“We hold these truths to be self evident”
That’s still an acknowledgement that they are not self evident to everyone or not self evident at all.

Declaration of Independence was kind of a crescendo built on top of thousands of years of human history and philosophy.

Reality as you see it, which is pretty silly to me.

BrownFlush

You don’t speak for god Tommy that is your delusional nature again.
That's for sure. But, He speaks to me just like he does everyone else, through His Divine Word. You, like me, can choose to accept it or reject it.
When was the last time anyone taught you something about scripture on here? When was the last time you were like huh, that is correct and I am wrong?
Haven't seen it yet. Nobody post much scripture to discuss but me.
How about..like.."Uh..I don't agree with you". It works . That's been told to me a lot. Is it alright with you if I do the same?lol. The difference is when I don't agree I offer scripture why.
, because of your delusional nature.
Hilarious
that is your delusional nature again.
Hilarious again.