Christianity

FromOffTheStreets

Another consequence of premillennialism is it makes Jesus a failure.
When Jesus stood before Pilate, "So You are a king?" (Jn. 18:37). Jesus replied, "You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to bear witness to the truth." Notice that Jesus said that He came into this world to be a king. If Jesus came for this purpose and was not able to accomplish this, for whatever reason (premillennialists say that He did not become a king because the Jews rejected Him), He was a failure.
Premillennialism makes Jesus a failure.
John 18:36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here."

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
John 18:36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here."
Think about the nature of the his kingdom. Premillennialism alters the nature of the kingdom of God by making the same mistake which the first century Jews made with reference to its nature. The first century Jews expected Jesus to establish a physical kingdom in Jerusalem which would conquer all other earthly kingdoms. Jesus repeatedly had to teach them that the kingdom which He planned to establish was of an altogether different nature. (Jn. 18:36). Yet premillennialism wants to make Jesus' kingdom of this realm
Again, He said, "The kingdom of God cometh not: with observation: neither shall they say, Lo here! or, le, there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is with you" (Lk. 17:20-21). Yet, premillennialism believes in the establishment of a kingdom which comes with observation.
Premillennialists believe in the establishment of a physical, earthly kingdom. Jesus, however, never wanted to establish that kind of a kingdom and never will. He established a spiritual kingdom, the church. Premillennialists pervert the nature of the kingdom.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
Think about the nature of the his kingdom. Premillennialism alters the nature of the kingdom of God by making the same mistake which the first century Jews made with reference to its nature. The first century Jews expected Jesus to establish a physical kingdom in Jerusalem which would conquer all other earthly kingdoms. Jesus repeatedly had to teach them that the kingdom which He planned to establish was of an altogether different nature. (Jn. 18:36). Yet premillennialism wants to make Jesus' kingdom of this realm
Again, He said, "The kingdom of God cometh not: with observation: neither shall they say, Lo here! or, le, there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is with you" (Lk. 17:20-21). Yet, premillennialism believes in the establishment of a kingdom which cometh with observation.
Premillennialists believe in the establishment of a physical, earthly kingdom. Jesus, however, never wanted to establish that kind of a kingdom and never will. He established a spiritual kingdom, the church. Premillennialists pervert the nature of the kingdom.
🥱

Integrity

Binge Poster
Paul, like the other writers of the New Testament, expressed the mind of God through direct inspiration of the Holy Spirit and communicated that to us in the form of words.
I Corinthians, the last chapter "he wrote it by his own hand''. Many scholars believe Paul's eyesight was going from bad to worse. What may have been written by someone else, the words were Paul's.
🥱

FromOffTheStreets

Again, He said, "The kingdom of God cometh not: with observation: neither shall they say, Lo here! or, le, there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is with you" (Lk. 17:20-21). Yet, premillennialism believes in the establishment of a kingdom which cometh with observation.
I agree to a point. His 1st coming was not to set up a kingdom on earth, it was to pay the debt for our sin. The jews didn't understand the sacrifice, because they were used to paying for it themselves with animals & trying to earn their own way in. Jesus introduced grace.

The reason many people believe in his future earthly reign is from many OT prophecies of it (psalms, Daniel, Zechariah, Isaiah). Jesus didn't nullify these prophecies but fulfilled Isaiah 53 & psalm 22 in his 1st coming & revelation 20 confirms that the future reign will still happen.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You can stop yawning.
Everybody knows you have no interest in what the Bible actually teaches. It's soooo boring.
I love the Bible.

I do have to admit your narrow minded and limiting viewpoint of God and the Bible is boring to me.

You limit a limitless God to the pages of limited religious doctrine and written code.

It gives me the impression that apart from the pages of a book, interpreted in manner that your religious tradition has passed to you, that He is not even actually alive and real to you.

I say this with love.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Yeah , part of a divine plan.
IMG_4748.jpeg

BrownFlush

I love the Bible.
If you love me, keep my commandments. -Jesus
I do have to admit your narrow minded and limiting viewpoint of God and the Bible
The way is narrow- Jesus
the Bible is boring to me.
The word of God is alive and sharper than any two edged sword -Hebrews
You limit a limitless God to the pages of limited religious doctrine and written code.
I limit God as much as He limited himself and revealed himself by his "written code" to me. Regarding his word as you do is blasphemy.
It gives me the impression
I don't care what it gives you.
interpreted in manner that your religious tradition has passed to you,
I believe in the Apostles tradition. What they wrote. Nothing has been handed down to me that has not been handed down to everyone else.
I say this with love.
So?

Integrity

Binge Poster
If you love me, keep my commandments. -Jesus

The way is narrow- Jesus

The word of God is alive and sharper than any two edged sword -Hebrews

I limit God as much as He limited himself and revealed himself by his "written code" to me. Regarding his word as you do is blasphemy.

I don't care what it gives you.

I believe in the Apostles tradition. What they wrote. Nothing has been handed down to me that has not been handed down to everyone else.

So?
So?

I love you my friend.

vantexan

I love the Bible.

I do have to admit your narrow minded and limiting viewpoint of God and the Bible is boring to me.

It gives me the impression that apart from the pages of a book, interpreted in manner that your religious tradition has passed to you, that He is not even actually alive and real to you.

I say this with love.
Do you perform miracles?

BrownFlush

I agree to a point. His 1st coming was not to set up a kingdom on earth, it was to pay the debt for our sin. The jews didn't understand the sacrifice, because they were used to paying for it themselves with animals & trying to earn their own way in. Jesus introduced grace.
Jesus ended animal sacrifices. He was the final sacrifice . "The blood of bulls and goats..."Hebrews
The reason many people believe in his future earthly reign is from many OT prophecies of it (psalms, Daniel, Zechariah, Isaiah). Jesus didn't nullify these prophecies but fulfilled Isaiah 53 & psalm 22 in his 1st coming & revelation 20 confirms that the future reign will still happen.
Be more specific with your OT passages. I can address each one that you believe means an earthly reign.

Revelation 20 confirms nothing of the sort. The false teaching rests upon the misunderstanding and misapplication of Revelation 20:1-7. The Bible teaches Jesus will not set foot on this earth again, much less sit on a physical throne in Jerusalem and rule the world for a 1000 years.
Jesus is reigning now. He has been reigning for 2000 years, and the book of Revelation presents Him as reigning. Jesus said of Himself, "I am the root and the offsrping of David" (22:16); "he that hath the key of David" (3:7). John saw Him as "the Root of David" (5:5) appear at the right hand of God (5:7) with the atonement (5:6) for the redemption of mankind (5:9). He assumed the authority of heaven at the right hand of God when He received the completely sealed book (5:7). All of heaven (5:8-12) and earth were subjected to Him (5:13-14), "and he shall reign for ever and ever" (11:15).
Salvation, strength, the kingdom of God and the power of His Christ is come (12:10), and men are redeemed with His blood and reign on the earth (1:6; 5:10/.
When death comes to the saints, they are resurrected as souls in paradise (rich man/Lazarus) where they continue to live and reign with Christ the 1000 years( figurative not literal), or to the end of time, "and they shall reign for ever and ever" (22:5).

BrownFlush

So?

I love you my friend.
And that's it, Friendo? Your only response to the entire comment. smh
Tell you what..let's you and I have a dust shakin' off our shoes party. What do you say?
Nothing directed at me and I won't direct anything to you.
You just comment your heart out and I'll do the same and neither one get's to respond at all no matter who it's for or what it's about. Not even an emoji. Deal?

Integrity

Binge Poster
And that's it, Friendo? Your only response to the entire comment. smh
Tell you what..let's you and I have a dust shakin' off our shoes party. What do you say?
Nothing directed at me and I won't direct anything to you.
You just comment your heart out and I'll do the same and neither one get's to respond at all no matter who it's for or what it's about. Not even an emoji. Deal?
Yes.