Christianity

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
One of the things that will happen when Jesus returns will be to resurrect all the dead (John 5:28-29; 6:39, 40, 44; 12:38; Acts 24:15; 1 Thess. 4:16).
Premillennialism puts a thousand year reign between the resurrection of the righteous and the resurrection of the wicked.
The Bible puts them both at the same time.
The "proof" text that offers "no proof" for "the Rapture" is 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17.
But, here the wicked dead are not under discussion. Paul is dealing with those who died in hope. The contrast is between the righteous living and the righteous dead.
The issue in Thessaloniki was, what about the Christians who die before Jesus returns? The righteous living will have no advantage over the righteous dead. The dead in Christ will be raised first, then both they and the living saints will be changed (1 Cor. 15:51, 52) and caught up in the air to meet the Lord and be there with him forever ( never to set foot on earth again). These words were designed to comfort those who were grieving (1 Thess. 4:18).

El Correcto

god is dead
Paul, like the other writers of the New Testament, expressed the mind of God through direct inspiration of the Holy Spirit and communicated that to us in the form of words.
I Corinthians, the last chapter "he wrote it by his own hand''. Many scholars believe Paul's eyesight was going from bad to worse. What may have been written by someone else, the words were Paul's.
Not many scholars believe that at all though.
They believe the exact opposite of that.

They do credit Paul with over half of his writings with some crediting him with a bit more than others, but there is hardly anyone left that believe they were all Paul that are not inerrant Bible crazies.

Integrity

Binge Poster
It doesn't? You've told us the Apostles were just men. Doesn't matter that were specifically chosen by Jesus? That they could perform miracles? But you can't?
No. Yes. Every disciple is specifically chosen by Jesus. Every disciple is given spiritual gifts. I am not sure. As I said.