Christianity

Integrity

Binge Poster
Matthew 10:34-36

vantexan

Ironic that you use this for context when it examines the meaning of a word in the original language yet what was it you said about scholars who study the original Hebrew and Greek? All guess work.

It's not condemnation to point out sin. We're told to shun those who refuse to turn away from sin. Let me ask, if you knew a man was molesting a child would you tell him he must stop? That it is wrong, is evil, and a sin? Or would you say God loves him no matter what and who are you to say what is wrong or right?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Jesus told His twelve apostles before He sent them out to proclaim the message of the kingdom to the nation of Israel in Matthew 10:34, "Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."
Jesus warned them what to expect: not a leisurely vacation, but a life-and-death struggle between good and evil, in which they must be equipped with the weapons He alone provides.
Jesus brings a sword to the human heart:" For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart." -Hebrews 4:12
Jesus brings a sword to human society and human priorities:''"For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a person’s enemies will be those of his own household. Whoever loves Father or Mother more than me is not worthy of me. -Matt.10:37-39

To seek Jesus above every other thing will require fighting a constant battle, not only against sin and the world, but against our self, and the appeal of some of the greatest goods of "life under the sun." It is a battle we can win. In fact, the only way to lose is to stop fighting. The alternative, to try find a way to be both friends with the world and with God, will only make us an enemy of both (James 4:4).
Peace will come when the battle is over.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Ironic that you use this for context when it examines the meaning of a word in the original language yet what was it you said about scholars who study the original Hebrew and Greek? All guess work.

It's not condemnation to point out sin. We're told to shun those who refuse to turn away from sin. Let me ask, if you knew a man was molesting a child would you tell him he must stop? That it is wrong, is evil, and a sin? Or would you say God loves him no matter what and who are you to say what is wrong or right?
I didn’t even read what I sent. Yes all guess work, for now at least. Guess work that requires faith no doubt.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
The apostles of Christ were sent to carry out the work of edification among the churches of our Lord in order to bring about unity among God’s people through proclaiming God’s word. The Scriptures teach that there were certain qualifications they had to meet in order to be able to serve as an apostle of Christ.
In order to qualify, a man must have been:
A witness of Jesus Christ. Shortly before his death, Jesus told his twelve apostles, “And you also shall bear witness, because you have been with me from the beginning” (John 15:27).
Chosen by Christ. All of Christ’s apostles were personally called and chosen by Christ himself. Luke says Jesus “called unto him his disciples; and of them he chose twelve, whom also he named apostles” (Luke 6:13). Christ carefully selected twelve men from all of his disciples to serve as apostles.
A personal student of Christ. The apostles were also personal disciples of Jesus (Luke 6:13).
So, they were constantlyable to perform miracles. In Acts 2 they did “many wonders and signs were done by the apostles” (Acts 2:43). While the miracles confirmed the truth of the apostles’ message, they also proved that a man was qualified to serve as an apostle.

The apostles were a special group of carefully selected messengers. Only those who meet the qualifications given in the New Testament can rightly serve as apostles of Christ. No one today meets those qualifications. We need to guard against those who Paul warns are “false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ” (2 Cor. 11:13).
I like what the Lord said about the Ephesians. He commended them because they “tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars” (Rev. 2:2)

Last edited: