Christianity

Integrity

Binge Poster
You drowned a little bit on your last conjecture.
The return of Christ isn't in dispute. It's whether he physically reigns on earth for a thousand years before the eternal state or whether we go into the eternal state after his appearance, correct?
Here is one viewpoint:

Integrity

Binge Poster

FromOffTheStreets

Sure Calvin. Gentiles had no choice. Ask Cornelius. He was taught. Believed what he was taught. Peter wants to know"Can any man forbid water?" The first Gentile convert is made.

In the previous chapter (2:38) I wonder if Peter would agree with you? Is this what he said.. "Repent and you are converted now, the remission of sins happened at your repentance, you can be baptized later whenever you want to. Get all 3000 of you that have had their sins blotted out when they repented and we'll have a big ole dunkin party down at the Jordan."
Wonder if Paul would would agree with you? How about Ananias? "Arise and be baptized, it doesn't wash away sins, those were washed away on that road back yonder 3 days ago when you believed, we're just gonna do this for fun and say you have sins to wash away in this weird act of obedience."
I generally try to respond with my own words, but this will take you deeper into your signature passage, acts 2:38. It goes into the meaning of the original language.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
You drowned a little bit on your last conjecture.
The return of Christ isn't in dispute. It's whether he physically reigns on earth for a thousand years before the eternal state or whether we go into the eternal state after his appearance, correct?
Part of the definition of premillennialism includes..
he physically reigns on earth for a thousand years
The Bible teaches..
we go into the eternal state after his appearance,
not before the resurrection (given new spiritual bodies), world torched, judgment, eternity (eternal state (destiny)forever)

BrownFlush

I generally try to respond with my own words, but this will take you deeper into your signature passage, acts 2:38. It goes into the meaning of the original language.
Don't post like Integrity. He doesn't even read those things like you put up himself. I'm guessing you never read what you posted either.
I don't have a "signature passage". The entire New Testesment teaches baptism is for the remission of sins among a zillion other purposes. It also does not teach salvation by faith alone.

Respond to my comment in the open. Address the things I said.

Last edited:

FromOffTheStreets

Don't post like Integrity. He doesn't even read those things like you put up himself. I'm guessing you never read what you posted either.
I don't have a "signature passage". The entire New Testesment teaches baptism is for the remission of sins among a zillion other purposes. It also does not teach salvation by faith alone.

Respond to my comment in the open. Address the things I said.
I read the whole thing. It disputes your view. You don't like that. I understand.

BrownFlush

I read the whole thing. It disputes your view. You don't like that. I understand.
Like has nothing to do with it. I disagree with it.
In the previous chapter (2:38) I wonder if Peter would agree with you? Is this what he said.. "Repent and you are converted now, the remission of sins happened at your repentance, you can be baptized later whenever you want to. Get all 3000 of you that have had their sins blotted out when they repented and we'll have a big ole dunkin party down at the Jordan."
Wonder if Paul would would agree with you? How about Ananias? "Arise and be baptized, it doesn't wash away sins, those were washed away on that road back yonder 3 days ago when you believed, we're just gonna do this for fun and say you have sins to wash away in this weird act of obedience."
You say what to the above comment?
When does the Bible teach one comes in contact with the blood of Christ?
Your answer to the above?

FromOffTheStreets

Acts 3:19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord. - This cancels the sin as well.
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.
Romans 11:5 Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 6 And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.
Acts 16:31 So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”
Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.
Romans 4:5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness
Romans 5:1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ
Galatians 2:16 knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.
Galatians 3: 24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Ephesians 1:13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise
Philippians 3:9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith
John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the [e]right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name

As you can see, it is by faith alone. After this, good works will follow. If they don't, the faith you think you have isn't genuine.

FromOffTheStreets

n the previous chapter (2:38) I wonder if Peter would agree with you? Is this what he said.. "Repent and you are converted now, the remission of sins happened at your repentance, you can be baptized later whenever you want to. Get all 3000 of you that have had their sins blotted out when they repented and we'll have a big ole dunkin party down at the Jordan."
Peter would disagree with himself if he took your view. His very next sermon didn't include baptism washing away the sin, but repentance.
Acts 3:19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord.
Paul would disagree with your view as well
1 Corinthians 1:14 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius...17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect.
If baptism was the final way to get people in then why doesn't Paul Elevate it as you do?

Over70irregs

Both places worship the same Lord interesting. Every knee shall bow….
1718921539551.png

1718921498699.png

El Correcto

god is dead
My lifestyle? This isn't a derailment is it? You need a book read to you by a drag queen or how would you like your t-rex burger?..lol
Your approval of anything means nothing to me.
Everyone knows your pristine lifestyle is one for all to imitate. lol. Talk about poison.
You believe dinosaurs and humans beings walked the earth at the same time, that is just flat out wrong.

Dinosaurs died off long before people.

Sorry you can’t come to terms with this very simple and verifiable fact.

El Correcto

god is dead
As you can see, it is by faith alone. After this, good works will follow. If they don't, the faith you think you have isn't genuine.
This is just a roundabout way of agreeing with him and claiming it’s not from grace alone.
You propose that if someone believes in Jesus they will do good works and live righteously and that if they don’t do this their faith isn’t genuine.

That isn’t grace alone, you are placing a test on their faith by how they live, their works.