Christianity

El Correcto

god is dead
I think Paul was mostly chastising jewish converts at the time for looking down on gentiles or seeking to punish them for not keeping the laws of Moses among other Jewish traditions.

Jesus’s teachings, Christian laws and morals still very much matter in Christianity when it comes to salvation.

Why I keep reminding Tommy he is gonna end up with me in the flaming pit sulfur and brimstone comes resurrection time for all the lies he tells.

FromOffTheStreets

This is just a roundabout way of agreeing with him and claiming it’s not from grace alone.
You propose that if someone believes in Jesus they will do good works and live righteously and that if they don’t do this their faith isn’t genuine.

That isn’t grace alone, you are placing a test on their faith by how they live, their works.
If you are say, a Cowboys fan, you will buy Cowboys gear, watch their games & cheer them on.
If you say you are a cowboy's fan, yet you cheer for the chiefs, then you are a chiefs fan posing as a cowboys fan.

Faith/ belief, moves you towards the object that you believe in. If you don't really believe in it, then you won't move towards it. I'm not claiming that a genuine believer will have no sin or stumbling but the general direction is towards him & away from ourselves.

Works show who the God of your soul truly is. Most of the time it is yourself. It goes all the way back to the 1st sin, eve believed Satan who tempted her to Elevate herself.

Integrity

Binge Poster
This is just a roundabout way of agreeing with him and claiming it’s not from grace alone.
You propose that if someone believes in Jesus they will do good works and live righteously and that if they don’t do this their faith isn’t genuine.

That isn’t grace alone, you are placing a test on their faith by how they live, their works.

Integrity

Binge Poster
If you are say, a Cowboys fan, you will buy Cowboys gear, watch their games & cheer them on.
If you say you are a cowboy's fan, yet you cheer for the chiefs, then you are a chiefs fan posing as a cowboys fan.

Faith/ belief, moves you towards the object that you believe in. If you don't really believe in it, then you won't move towards it. I'm not claiming that a genuine believer will have no sin or stumbling but the general direction is towards him & away from ourselves.

Works show who the God of your soul truly is. Most of the time it is yourself. It goes all the way back to the 1st sin, eve believed Satan who tempted her to Elevate herself.
Believing in Jesus is the work God.

Integrity

Binge Poster

IMO This is a very well written essay. Most impressive to me is that it is written to or about those who don’t believe in, or simply question, the theological point of view, or doctrine if you will, of “Biblical Inerrancy, by a person who believe in this very doctrine.

I don’t believe in the doctrine of the inerrancy of the Bible.

I liked this essay.

Last edited:

FromOffTheStreets

IMO This is a very well written essay. Most impressive to me is that it is written to or about those who don’t believe in, or simply question, the theological point of view, or doctrine if you will, of “Biblical Inerrancy, by a person who believe in this very doctrine.

I don’t believe in the doctrine of the inerrancy of the Bible.

I liked this essay.
Errancy is just a repackaging of the snake in the garden. "Did God really say?"

Nah, Paul said that, It wasn't God. So I'm going to do my own thing in that area.

As you continue down that line of reasoning you begin to develop your own version of God outside of what is written.

El Correcto

god is dead
Okay.
Faith/ belief, moves you towards the object that you believe in.
Yes
If you don't really believe in it, then you won't move towards it. I'm not claiming that a genuine believer will have no sin or stumbling but the general direction is towards him & away from ourselves.
Yes
Works show who the God of your soul truly is.
Okay so you agree with him.
Most of the time it is yourself. It goes all the way back to the 1st sin, eve believed Satan who tempted her to Elevate herself.
Okay.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Errancy is just a repackaging of the snake in the garden. "Did God really say?"

Nah, Paul said that, It wasn't God. So I'm going to do my own thing in that area.

As you continue down that line of reasoning you begin to develop your own version of God outside of what is written.
Inerrancy is equating written religious code with God. That I can’t believe.

Was Paul perfect as God is perfect?

God is not limited to what is written in religious text. Those who limit God in this way, IMO lack the faith to believe in the unseen. I pray for their unbelief. God’s will be done, not mine.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Yeah? Go back and read some of your posts. Many of them don't paint a picture of a "Christian"...
How so?

In what way was I unloving?

I certainly want to be unconditional loving to humanity.

If you show me, I certainly will look at any that troubles you. Please use my exact words before you describe your understanding of them. That would be helpful to me.

If I believe I am wrong, I will promptly admit it.

FromOffTheStreets

Okay so you agree with him.
Works don't justify you is where we differ.

We are separated from God because of sin. Our works can't bridge that gap. Christ died for our sin & paid the debt that we owed. That is called grace.

When we are confronted with this reality, we choose to either deny it or accept the grace offered to us through Jesus as our savior. If we accept Jesus as our lord then we will repent & turn away from our sin & follow his commands.

vantexan

Inerrancy is equating written religious code with God. That I can’t believe.

Was Paul perfect as God is perfect?

God is not limited to what is written in religious text. Those who limit God in this way, IMO lack the faith to believe in the unseen. I pray for their unbelief. God’s will be done, not mine.
This is a major problem for me. You want to disagree with Paul, say he was just a man, when he writes something you disagree with. Paul was inspired by the Holy Spirit. At times he gave his.opinion and said it was his opinion. You believe you're being told directly what to do as Paul was. But if you disagree with Paul he's suddenly just a man. What you believe you've been told supersedes whatever Paul was told. And then we look at the things you claim you were told. In the past you weren't willing to say putting sexual material in school libraries where children could access them is wrong. I called it obscene and you said who is to say what's obscene. On abortion. You claim you believe it's wrong but start going into I don't know what that woman is going through. The other day I asked if you knew a man was molesting a child would you tell him it's wrong, it's evil? You would not address the issue, just said Jesus didn't come to condemn the world. In your world it appears that you might believe something is wrong, but you refuse to tell the perpetrator he is wrong for doing so. You went so far as to say stopping Nazis from killing Jews or ending slavery was no big deal. You are morally ambivalent. You might think something is wrong but you aren't going to try and stop it. So millions of babies get aborted. Jews get slaughtered. And parents shouldn't argue with a school board over what their kid brought home from school that's sexually graphic. Whatever the school board decides is the end of it. Remember what Jesus said in Revelations about being hot or cold. Those who were lukewarm were condemned.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Works don't justify you is where we differ.

We are separated from God because of sin. Our works can't bridge that gap. Christ died for our sin & paid the debt that we owed. That is called grace.

When we are confronted with this reality, we choose to either deny it or accept the grace offered to us through Jesus as our savior. If we accept Jesus as our lord then we will repent & turn away from our sin & follow his commands.
Are you suggesting it is Jesus + something, or just Jesus?

Integrity

Binge Poster
This is a major problem for me. You want to disagree with Paul, say he was just a man, when he writes something you disagree with. Paul was inspired by the Holy Spirit. At times he gave his.opinion and said it was his opinion. You believe you're being told directly what to do as Paul was. But if you disagree with Paul he's suddenly just a man. What you believe you've been told supersedes whatever Paul was told. And then we look at the things you claim you were told. In the past you weren't willing to say putting sexual material in school libraries where children could access them is wrong. I called it obscene and you said who is to say what's obscene. On abortion. You claim you believe it's wrong but start going into I don't know what that woman is going through. The other day I asked if you knew a man was molesting a child would you tell him it's wrong, it's evil? You would not address the issue, just said Jesus didn't come to condemn the world. In your world it appears that you might believe something is wrong, but you refuse to tell the perpetrator he is wrong for doing so. You went so far as to say stopping Nazis from killing Jews or ending slavery was no big deal. You are morally ambivalent. You might think something is wrong but you aren't going to try and stop it. So millions of babies get aborted. Jews get slaughtered. And parents shouldn't argue with a school board over what their kid brought home from school that's sexually graphic. Whatever the school board decides is the end of it. Remember what Jesus said in Revelations about being hot or cold. Those who were lukewarm were condemned.
This is a major problem for me. Sorry You want to disagree with Paul, say he was just a man, when he writes something you disagree with. Yes Paul was inspired by the Holy Spirit.All believer’s are inspired. At times he gave his.opinion and said it was his opinion. You believe you're being told directly what to do as Paul was.Yes But if you disagree with Paul he's suddenly just a man. Paul was always just a man.What you believe you've been told supersedes whatever Paul was told.God always supersedes religion .And then we look at the things you claim you were told. In the past you weren't willing to say putting sexual material in school libraries where children could access them is wrong. I called it obscene and you said who is to say what's obscene. I don’t believe I ever gave my opinion on the issue.On abortion. You claim you believe it's wrong but start going into I don't know what that woman is going through. And?The other day I asked if you knew a man was molesting a child would you tell him it's wrong, it's evil? You would not address the issue, just said Jesus didn't come to condemn the world. Is that all I said?In your world it appears that you might believe something is wrong, but you refuse to tell the perpetrator he is wrong for doing so. And? You went so far as to say stopping Nazis from killing Jews or ending slavery was no big deal. ? You are morally ambivalent. I think not. You might think something is wrong but you aren't going to try and stop it. I do pray. So millions of babies get aborted. Jews get slaughtered. And parents shouldn't argue with a school board over what their kid brought home from school that's sexually graphic. Whatever the school board decides is the end of it.Twisting my words , direct quotes would be helpfull. Remember what Jesus said in Revelations about being hot or cold. Those who were lukewarm were condemned.IMO the lukewarm are those that don’t think He is sufficient, that it is Jesus + something. Jesus plus religion=lukewarm.

Integrity

Binge Poster
@Integrity Shall I dig up some past posts again?
If you can find where I rendered my opinion on the issue that you stated, go for it.

Just not your words, my exact quote please.

Do you believe anything, and I mean anything, happens in God’s world by mistake?

I believe nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God’s world by mistake..

vantexan

If you can find where I rendered my opinion on the issue that you stated, go for it.

Just not your words, my exact quote please.

Do you believe anything, and I mean anything, happens in God’s world by mistake?

I believe nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God’s world by mistake..
So if a child is being molested and you're aware of it but don't say anything it's because nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake?

Integrity

Binge Poster
So if a child is being molested and you're aware of it but don't say anything it's because nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake?
To answer your question:

If a child is being molested and I am aware of it but don't say anything it's
not because nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake.