Christianity

vantexan

Not specific enough.

Please explain precisely how you obtained the knowledge of the crime that you described.
There are a million different scenarios. I may have stumbled upon the crime in progress. Someone may have told me about it and after investigating further found it to be true. Who knows? What I do know is if you are aware of it happening you wouldn't try to stop it. You wouldn't tell the molester he's wrong for doing so. You wouldn't apparently even alert the police.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Peter would disagree with himself if he took your view. His very next sermon didn't include baptism washing away the sin, but repentance.
This statement makes no sense for 3:19
So Peter (as well as everyone else)preached a different gospel (which Paul says in Gal.1that if any one does they will be accursed) in Acts 3 than he preached in Acts 2? I offer this to see if it makes more sense:

Acts 2:38 Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

Acts 2:38 Repent Be Baptized Remission of Sins

Acts 3:19 Repent Be Converted Sins Blotted Out

What Peter preached in Acts 2:38 is not in conflict with what he preached in Acts 3:19. The term "convert" or "turn" is a more general word to denote the change in life which occurs when one becomes a child of God. Every turn has a beginning and baptism is the beginning of the change in life which occurs when a person begins to do what God commands him to do.
This is the first act of obedience for the person wishing to obey the Lord - to, be baptized. The two verses are teaching the same conditions for salvation from sin.

BrownFlush

7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
Try again.
This passage is written to those who are already Christians.
When does the Bible teach one comes in contact with the blood of Christ?
The "one" who is not a Christian and becomes one because he makes that contact. When does the Bible teach that happens?

Last edited:

BrownFlush

You disagree with the 11 verses that go against your view?
No way. I don't disagree with any thing in scripture. My view of those scriptures are in perfect agreement and harmony with the rest of the NT teaching.
As you can see, it is by faith alone.
As you can see, no where do any of these passages say faith ALONE. The only time "faith alone" is written in scripture James said it is dead.
Allow me to inject what you do....
Baptism ONLY saves us now..1Peter 3:21
Confess ONLY with your mouth and believe ONLY ..Rom.10:9
Repent ONLY or perish...Luke 13:3
Save by grace ONLY..
Saved by the blood ONLY...

You've put up a bunch of verses. I'll comment on each one. Just give me some time.

BrownFlush

Acts 10:43 To Him all the prophets witness that, through His name, whoever believes in Him will receive remission of sins.”
Found another one your gonna have to deal with
The first time the"remission of sins"is found is in Acts 2:38 The first gospel sermon. They believed, confessed Christ, and asked Peter what they need to do to be saved. Again,10:43 does not say believe ONLY.
The writings of the prophets about Jesus were used by Jesus in His ministry. What Peter said to Cornelius in 10:43 was to/for the unbelieving Jews. This was a Gentile. A Gentile was going to included in the Kingdom. Jesus said, "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they that testify of me" (John 5:39).
Being able to rightfully say, "it is written" as Jesus did, is the way to go. The person cannot appeal to the Scriptures for authority to support his teaching and practice is not of God.

BrownFlush

1 Corinthians 1:14 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius...17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect.
If baptism was the final way to get people in then why doesn't Paul Elevate it as you do?
I don't elevate baptism any more than faith, confession, or repentance, or living faithfully until death. All are part of one's salvation according to the NT.

Context. Context . Context. Paul said that he had been sent not to baptize, but to preach the gospel. In verses 11 and 12 the church at Corinth was divided into fractions. Some declared themselves to be of Paul, some of Apollos, some of Cephas, and some of Christ. This really bothered Paul who regarded himself and Apollos simply as "ministers through whom ye believed," and not as heads of parties (1 Cor. 3:5).
In the questions, "Is Christ divided: was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?", Paul stated the only grounds on which they could claim to be "of Paul." These questions demanding a negative answer left those of that faction without any justification for such a claim.
So Paul, fearing some would attach an undue significance to their having been baptized by his hands, supposing that they had been baptized in his name (vs. 14,15), he had abstained from baptizing, with the exception of but a very few, leaving the baptizing of the "many Corinthians" of Acts 18:8 to other hands.
In this context , Paul said that he had not been sent to baptize but to preach the gospel.What he preached was the same gospel he was told to obey.

Integrity

Binge Poster
There are a million different scenarios. I may have stumbled upon the crime in progress. Someone may have told me about it and after investigating further found it to be true. Who knows? What I do know is if you are aware of it happening you wouldn't try to stop it. You wouldn't tell the molester he's wrong for doing so. You wouldn't apparently even alert the police.
A million different scenarios?

Sorry you don’t want to talk about the specific crime you all talking about.

You brought up example not me.

vantexan

Putting aside that you probably aren't capable of doing that, given your physical conditions, wouldn't that also be god's will?
We have free will. I could choose to do like @Integrity and go about my way. It boggles my mind that anyone seeing a child being harmed would make no effort to stop that. And there's more than one way to physically intervene.

vantexan

A million different scenarios?

Sorry you don’t want to talk about the specific crime you all talking about.

You brought up example not me.
Are you not familiar with the word hypothetical? You're trying to avoid looking bad but it's absolutely pathetic that you wouldn't try to stop a child, or anyone else, from being harmed.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Are you not familiar with the word hypothetical? You're trying to avoid looking bad but it's absolutely pathetic that you wouldn't try to stop a child, or anyone else, from being harmed.
Under certain circumstances I might try to stop a child or anyone else from being harmed, just not in your hypothetical circumstance.

BrownFlush

Why I keep reminding Tommy he is gonna end up with me in the flaming pit sulfur and brimstone comes resurrection time for all the lies he tells.
Look what I found. All the flame ups the last few years caused you not to remember correctly. Or maybe you just made a choice to lie...
WongDong ... zero frustration

I'll go for it also.

Maybe this should be the focus.
We are all born with natural tendencies.A tendency to do or be attracted to something is NOT the same thing as NOT having a choice. IF I have more of a tendency to fool around on my wife than the next guy, I still have a choice. It just means I have to fight the temptation to do wrong more than the next guy because I have more , fool around on my wife tendencies . The choice will be harder, but I still have choice. Just because you have tendencies to do something does not make the action right.

Again and again and again.
This difference makes no difference with the point you miss.
If a person has no choice (born that way)in a situation to do something, that means there is no process in which he even questions his actions, that person is not accountable or responsible or guilty or not guilty.
Talking about choice and what is natural. You refused to admit the argument is the same. You went off the deep end and spouted I said being a murderer is the same as being queer...
You miss again. And again. I don't know how to word it so you will see the point.

Whether you suck di**s.
You shoot somebody.
You steal a loaf of bread.
You lie.
If you are born a :censored2: sucker. If you are born a killer. If you are a born thief. If you are a born liar.
If you are given an opportunity to any of these things you HAVE to do it. You have NO choice.
The end result of somebody having NO choice, whether good or bad, MAKES NO DIFFERENCE.
GET IT. If you base one thing on born that way and have NO choice in the matter, there is NO stopping place .

If one has NO choice, there is NO guilt. NO accountability. Therefor the murderer, the thief , the liar, CANNOT be charged for what they have done. They were simply doing what they were BORN to do and had NO choice in the matter.

BrownFlush

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God" (Eph. 2:8).
Eternal life is a gift given by God. "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Rom. 6:23).
Eternal life has been offered by God to all mankind because of his great love and mercy. It has not been offered because of mankind's deservings or on the basis of any good thing that we have done. This is what is meant by Paul's statement that we are saved by grace (or favor) and not by our own works or because we deserve it. God did not decide at a particular point in time, that man had behaved well enough to enter into life eternal.
We have not done anything to deserve this gift. Being baptized does not earn your way into life eternal. Being a good parent, a good employee, a good Samaritan or just being "good" does not qualify or earn one's eternal life. It is God's gift that he has offered for no other reason than his love and mercy for us.
How can we show our appreciation to this truth? How about showing our thankfulness in a life that is governed completely by his will. Paul stated that God's grace (favor, mercy) teaches us that "we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world" (Tit. 2:11-12).
God's gift is given on a conditional basis. Oh, no! It's the truth of God's word whether we like it or not.
Think. Grace means unmerited favor. No one can work enough, or hard enough, to earn the blessings God gives us everyday. What we wear, the food eat, and the air we breathe, are all manifestations of God's bountiful grace. But, no one is completely passive in the reception of these blessings. You have to breathe the air, eat the food, and put on your clothes if you are to receive any benefit from God's unmerited favor in these things.
Notice that Paul said that we are saved "by grace through faith" God's decision to offer eternal life was not conditional. He offered it only because of his grace and mercy. But, to receive it is conditional.
The gift is received "through faith." The Lord will not force any one to accept his offer and will only give it to those who, through faith, accept and obey his conditions. The writer of Hebrews states that Jesus "became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him" (Heb. 5:8-9).

More later, Calvin.