Christianity

Integrity

Binge Poster
I asked you if you saw a child getting molested would you try to stop it. You said no. Would you tell the molester what they were doing is wrong? You said no. You've already stated in the past that America sacrificing millions to stop slavery or the Nazis was no big deal. Exactly what would motivate you to ever take a moral stand against wrongdoing? And you have extensively said that nothing happens unless God wants it to. I said we have free will. I may be wrong but it appears that you don't think we have free will. That everything happens because God is making that happen. So don't speak out against evil because if God wants that to happen it must not be evil. Am I close to your reasoning? Do you have the courage of your convictions to say how you see things or will you dodge once again?
This was the question you asked.
So if a child is being molested and you're aware of it but don't say anything it's because nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I asked you if you saw a child getting molested would you try to stop it. You said no. Would you tell the molester what they were doing is wrong? You said no. You've already stated in the past that America sacrificing millions to stop slavery or the Nazis was no big deal. Exactly what would motivate you to ever take a moral stand against wrongdoing? And you have extensively said that nothing happens unless God wants it to. I said we have free will. I may be wrong but it appears that you don't think we have free will. That everything happens because God is making that happen. So don't speak out against evil because if God wants that to happen it must not be evil. Am I close to your reasoning? Do you have the courage of your convictions to say how you see things or will you dodge once again?
I asked you if you saw a child getting molested would you try to stop it. You said no. Would you tell the molester what they were doing is wrong? You said no. You've already stated in the past that America sacrificing millions to stop slavery or the Nazis was no big deal. Where have I made these statements.Exactly what would motivate you to ever take a moral stand against wrongdoing? As the Holy Spirit leads and guides.And you have extensively said that nothing happens unless God wants it to. Where have I said this. I said we have free will. I may be wrong but it appears that you don't think we have free will. I believe in free will.That everything happens because God is making that happen. Where have I made this statement ? So don't speak out against evil because if God wants that to happen it must not be evil. Am I close to your reasoning? No Do you have the courage of your convictions to say how you see things or will you dodge once again? Yes and no.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That wasn't the only time I asked but that was how I framed it that time. Why are you getting lost in the weeds instead of just answering?
I think he's trolling.

The question was would you do anything to stop a child molester if you caught them.

He said no and then maybe.
That's got to be trolling.
Even garbage humans who wouldn't do anything would probably at least lie and say they would.

vantexan

I think he's trolling.

The question was would you do anything to stop a child molester if you caught them.

He said no and then maybe.
That's got to be trolling.
Even garbage humans who wouldn't do anything would probably at least lie and say they would.
He's said enough about believing that nothing happens unless God wants it to that makes me believe he's not willing to tell anyone they are sinning because if God didn't want them to do that it wouldn't happen. I don't think he's bright enough to troll.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Acts 16:31 So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”
Paul saw the jailer about to destroy himself and shouted, "Do thyself no harm: for we are all here" (Acts 16:28). The jailer called for a light and came in trembling before Paul and Silas and said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" Paul responded, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:31).
You might not want to stop reading at this verse, remember, context , context, context,,, read on.. "And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house. And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway. And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house" (Acts 16:32-34).
You're trying to leave the impression that all that was necessary for the jailer to do to be saved was to believe in Jesus Christ. The answer which Paul gave to this jailer must be understood in its context. When this man asked what he had to do to be saved, he was an unbeliever. The first thing that an unbeliever must do to be saved is to become a believer. Paul's answer was, "Believe on the Lord Jesus . . . ." the next thing that the text states is.... that Paul spake unto him the word of the Lord. This man could not become a believer before he heard the word of the Lord... He had to hear the word of the Lord and believe it before he could be saved. How does faith come? By hearing the word of the Lord.
After he had heard the word of the Lord preached, he took them and washed their stripes. Sounds like what Paul did (Acts 22:16)
The text relates that the jailer was baptized "the same hour of the night" (Acts 16:33). Why was this man baptized in the middle of the night? Why did Paul go to so much trouble to baptize this man immediately? You would have the Jailer saved the moment he accepted Jesus as his personal Savior and that at some convenient time the church would have a baptismal service at which time he would be baptized.
Paul baptized this man in the middle of the night because it had everything to do with his eternal salvation. The question which was asked pertained to eternal salvation; it was, "What must I do to be saved?" The reply was, "Believe on the Lord Jesus ...." When the jailer returned from having been baptized, the Scriptures relate that he rejoiced then, "believing in God with all his house" (16:34). His response to the gospel in baptism was understood as what was necessary to make him a believer, one who is a child of God.

Last edited:

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law
The gospel, called the "law of faith"in the verse before (Rom. 3:27), requires conditions of faith in becoming a Christian.
If grace has released us from the obligation of law, then it would be impossible for a Christian to sin, for "where there is no law, neither is there violation" (Rom. 4:15). "Every one who practices sin also practices lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness" (I John 3:4); but there can be no lawlessness unless there is a law.
But all men have been pronounced guilty before God (Rom. 3:23), and besides all of this, even Christians do sin: "If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us." Christians are not free from law. But they are free from the curse of the law through Jesus Christ. If and when they sin, they may gain forgiveness through the blood and advocacy of Jesus Christ ( 1 John 1:7-10; 2:1-2).
If a person is not under law as a condition of salvation, then his violation of law would not affect his salvation; yet the scriptures teach that the "lawless" and "ungodly" cannot inherit eternal life. "For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus" (Tit. 2.11-13).

Even though Christians are not under the Law of Moses or any law system that demands human perfection, we are under law to Jesus Christ. Paul wrote: "And to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the Law, though not being myself under the Law, that I might win those who are under the Law; to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, that I might win those who are under the Law" Cor. 9:20-21)

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
IMG_4861.jpeg

El Correcto

god is dead
We are all born with natural tendencies.A tendency to do or be attracted to something is NOT the same thing as NOT having a choice. IF I have more of a tendency to fool around on my wife than the next guy, I still have a choice. It just means I have to fight the temptation to do wrong more than the next guy because I have more , fool around on my wife tendencies . The choice will be harder, but I still have choice. Just because you have tendencies to do something does not make the action right.
Again and again and again.
This difference makes no difference with the point you miss.
If a person has no choice (born that way)in a situation to do something, that means there is no process in which he even questions his actions, that person is not accountable or responsible or guilty or not guilty.
You miss again. And again. I don't know how to word it so you will see the point.Whether you suck di**s.

You shoot somebody.
You steal a loaf of bread.
You lie.
If you are born a :censored2: sucker. If you are born a killer. If you are a born thief. If you are a born liar.
If you are given an opportunity to any of these things you HAVE to do it. You have NO choice.
The end result of somebody having NO choice, whether good or bad, MAKES NO DIFFERENCE.
GET IT. If you base one thing on born that way and have NO choice in the matter, there is NO stopping place .
Lying deceives another, killing takes another’s life, stealing takes another’s property, cheating betrays the one you’re committed to.

How does homosexuality hurt another person in this world? In this life? Forget the unverifiable claims you make about an after life or a god or sin, tell me how does two men screwing each other hurt anyone else?
If one has NO choice, there is NO guilt. NO accountability. Therefor the murderer, the thief , the liar, CANNOT be charged for what they have done. They were simply doing what they were BORN to do and had NO choice in the matter. --
Removing choice does not remove punishment, after all society will not have a choice in how they deal with you if there is no choice. Does a wall have a choice in destroying your vehicle and possibly your life if you ran into it? I see crime as much the same way. You are running into society and against other’s self interest. Sometimes that wall is made of paper, other times reinforced concrete.