Christianity

El Correcto

god is dead
We all sin. Christians aren't perfect. You must.decide whether to try to be pleasing to God or to reject God. Your choice.

No we don’t all sin because we don’t all view our actions through your religious lens.
When you project your faith and rules onto others it is annoying at minimum and insulting at worse.

You are not preaching facts or objective morality if such a thing even exists. You have no evidence for any of these silly ideas you sit on here discussing or insulting other’s lifestyles over.

El Correcto

god is dead
If you’re gonna sit here and make bold claims like “We all sin” you’re gonna need to bring some evidence to the table proving your deity and proving it handed down divine laws.

Without that your bold claim is just hot air, not worth going around insulting other’s lifestyles over, especially when those lifestyles do not harm others.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
No we don’t all sin because we don’t all view our actions through your religious lens.
When you project your faith and rules onto others it is annoying at minimum and insulting at worse.

You are not preaching facts or objective morality if such a thing even exists. You have no evidence for any of these silly ideas you sit on here discussing or insulting other’s lifestyles over.
If they would just keep it amongst themselves all would be good. My issue is religions trying to indoctrinate their beliefs and morals on to others.

El Correcto

god is dead
If they would just keep it amongst themselves all would be good. My issue is religions trying to indoctrinate their beliefs and morals on to others.
The bitch fit they threw over evolution in schools and trying to teach children myths over science is absolutely ridiculous and a good example of this.

They project their faith onto reality and are delusional to the point of rejecting reality itself in favor of it.

Integrity

Binge Poster
What's the big deal regarding personal attacks. This is an internet forum, if you can't handle the negativity then maybe you shouldn't be here opening yourselves up to it. Too many thin skinned people on here let it get to them.
BC Terms and Rules #6

6.) Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. Derogatory, insulting, or belittling statements, directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are not permitted on our forum.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their personal situation. These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done. These offensive comments are contrary to the spirit of legitimate, reasoned debate and damaging to the purpose of our community.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, insulting, sexually-oriented or any material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned from this site. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
BC Terms and Rules #6

6.) Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. Derogatory, insulting, or belittling statements, directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are not permitted on our forum.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their personal situation. These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done. These offensive comments are contrary to the spirit of legitimate, reasoned debate and damaging to the purpose of our community.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, insulting, sexually-oriented or any material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned from this site. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.
I'm in the penalty box frequently for "personal attacks". Some feedback would be nice once in a while to note which of my posts was considered against the terms.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I'm in the penalty box frequently for "personal attacks". Some feedback would be nice once in a while to note which of my posts was considered against the terms.
I think that is fair.

I was once banned for a week, I was given no warning or explanation as to why I was banned.

To be fair I believe a warning and/or an explanation is not required.

I imagine being a mod on the BC is a very challenging job.

tourists24

What's the big deal regarding personal attacks. This is an internet forum, if you can't handle the negativity then maybe you shouldn't be here opening yourselves up to it. Too many thin skinned people on here let it get to them.
I’m ok with it. We’ve disagreed on this forum at times and I still like to hear what u have to say

vantexan

Do you murder people? Why not if you don't? You have a moral code beyond whether it's illegal or not. That's what sin is. Doing things that harm others and ourselves. Whether you believe in God or not you know there are actions taken that are wrong and there should be punishment for those things. Keeps society from completely falling apart.

El Correcto

god is dead
You have a moral code beyond whether it's illegal or not. That's what sin is. Doing things that harm others and ourselves.
No it isn’t sin is an offense against a divine law.
Whether you believe in God or not you know there are actions taken that are wrong and there should be punishment for those things.
Punishment? Not really. I just know to avoid those people and have as little to do with them as possible. Morality beyond the law is no proof god exists, that is just an extension of humans being social creatures. To certain extent other animals have laws, territory disputes and mate guarding come to mind.
Keeps society from completely falling apart.
No it don’t.

El Correcto

god is dead
Try playing with a mother bear’s cub. She is gonna enforce the law on you.
Try going to the park for weeks at a time as a single man playing with other people’s kids.
They are gonna enforce the law on you.

Our behaviors can be found in other mammals across the animal kingdom. Our morality and laws are extensions of our instincts as intelligent social animals.
We can better understand the past and estimate the future to judge the present better than other animals can. That is what helped us form more complex social contracts with one another what helps our morality and laws stand apart from other animals.