Christianity

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Not surprising given the extremist rulings and disciplines some denominations are adopting
You're projecting.

Your radical religion of leftism continues to push your extremist beliefs on everyone, and you continually try to turn our government into an authoritarian theocracy for the church of leftism.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1689341776246.png

newolddude

View attachment 437654
I think people are lying about these numbers. Because I'm personally at about 75% attendance on church weekly and 1) based on numbers in the pews plus 2) the amount of vehicle traffic on Sunday morning there's no way even 10% is going to church every week.

Even the Joel Osteen connected mega church by me seems a lot less busy. To the point where they don't have cops hired to control the traffic signals any more.

Integrity

Binge Poster
OK, so who is Jordon Peterson? BTW I saw some data the other day that said that only 31% of Americans belong to and regularly attend church services. Not surprising given the extremist rulings and disciplines some denominations are adopting. In fact just a few weeks ago the Southern Baptist Convention voted out all female ministers. And at a time when it faces a growing shortage of ministers.

The religion industry has growing problem. Too much capacity. Too many high utility bills just to heat, light and cool way too many empty pews.
I like your reference organized religion as an industry. I share that point of view and belief.

I believe God is not an industry but organized religion can certainly be viewed as such.

I have to admit, I do enjoy and get much religious benefit from parts of the industry. Never want to “throw the baby out with the bath water “.

bacha29

I like your reference organized religion as an industry. I share that point of view and belief.

I believe God is not an industry but organized religion can certainly be viewed as such.

I have to admit, I do enjoy and get much religious benefit from parts of the industry. Never want to “throw the baby out with the bath water “.
Indeed. It's not an industry....it's an enterprise. We're supposed to pay attention only to the message....not the messenger.....And of course.....send them a check.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I now firmly believe that @bacha29 is desperate to be the center of attention, and takes the most controversial and erroneous side of any discussion, in order to appear important.
I mean I understand why she hates and disparages Christians, it's just daddy issues that she hasn't dealt with.

But seeing her anti union posts about UPS employees lately, I think you might be right.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'll agree with you on that one. Still doesn't justify putting inappropriate sexual material in schools.
These leftists focus on the word indoctrination as a distraction. There is nothing wrong with teaching your cultural and religious doctrines to your children. It's part of your job as a parent.

The problem is when your doctrines are antithetical to basic principles of human decency and harm the children.

Pentecostals doing the speaking in tongues nonsense is pretty weird, but it doesn't harm children like chemically castrating them and doing mastectomies on little girls.