Christianity

El Correcto

god is dead
1691429123734.png

Nothing says love and forgiveness like coming back to earth to smash human beings in a winepress until blood flows waist high.

Last edited:

El Correcto

god is dead
revelations is a pretty interesting book.
Now that would make a good movie, they left out the whole coming back to slaughter humanity part out of the Passion of the Christ.

vantexan

Yea and it’s in your Bible.
Jesus comes back for vengeance on society.
Goes full genocide mode against humanity and the unbelievers.

Kind of depraved stuff bud.
No, he doesn't. Again, learn what apocalyptic literature is. The Church was being persecuted by Rome. They cloaked messages to each other in symbolism they understood but not understood by the Romans. A common practice in that era and not just by Christians.

El Correcto

god is dead
No, he doesn't. Again, learn what apocalyptic literature is. The Church was being persecuted by Rome. They cloaked messages to each other in symbolism they understood but not understood by the Romans. A common practice in that era and not just by Christians.
And what message were they sending when it came to the unbelievers and what they deserved?

bacha29

How this dangerous knucklehead managed to get as high up as he did in the U.S. military is worrisome.
He's another reason why I'm glad to be out of organized religion.
For many years I regularly attended services in Methodist, Baptist, Independent Baptist, Union and Christian Missionary Alliance churches.
At all 5 I encountered the same inhouse fighting among the holy rollers over the same 4 things.
Money, Power, Control, Ideology while failing to look at all the empty pews and come to the realization that they're clearly losing the demographics battle which in the end will decide their church's future.

vantexan

How this dangerous knucklehead managed to get as high up as he did in the U.S. military is worrisome.
He's another reason why I'm glad to be out of organized religion.
For many years I regularly attended services in Methodist, Baptist, Independent Baptist, Union and Christian Missionary Alliance churches.
At all 5 I encountered the same inhouse fighting among the holy rollers over the same 4 things.
Money, Power, Control, Ideology while failing to look at all the empty pews and come to the realization that they're clearly losing the demographics battle which in the end will decide their church's future.
So Michael Flynn decides to go to another congregation because he doesn't like what he hears, and that's bad. But @bacha29 jumps from church to church because he doesn't like what he hears, and that's fine by him.

Always the same theme with @bacha29 money and who controls it.

bacha29

So Michael Flynn decides to go to another congregation because he doesn't like what he hears, and that's bad. But @bacha29 jumps from church to church because he doesn't like what he hears, and that's fine by him.

Always the same theme with @bacha29 money and who controls it.
It would appear that you are having a difficult time understanding even my simple points.
Let me try again.
It was all the infighting over the issues I mentioned is why I left.
When you have to sit there all morning wasting time listening to a sermon from a bible thumper shaming the congregation over the fact that he wasn't getting paid what he thought he was worth....that is an invitation to leave.

tourists24

revelations is a pretty interesting book.
Now that would make a good movie, they left out the whole coming back to slaughter humanity part out of the Passion of the Christ.
There is a series in movie format as well as a 13 book series. Left Behind. The book of Revelation is the basis of the story line.