Christianity

vantexan

Yes they can.

Not exactly, context my friend.

I didn’t say the material should be in the library either.

I asked who specifically is responsible for deciding which books should be in a public school library. You didn’t have a clear answer. I assume you don’t know either.

If the parents know that books not meeting their standards or values are in the public school library and they don’t instruct their children to not read anything out of the school library without it first being approved by themselves then yes IMO the parents have no one to blame but themselves, therefore in these circumstances IMI they are at fault .
Were you ever a kid? And the onus is on the school for having such material in the library.

And by the way, exactly my friend.

vantexan

Yes.

But when the material is in the library and parents know that it is in the library and still do nothing to immediately protect their children from it. IMO they are responsible in this circumstance.
You don't think they aren't calling the school? Not telling their kids not to look at this stuff? They are doing something. They're going to school board meetings and expressing their concerns. But you don't think they should do that. For the millionth time, THE GRAPHIC SEXUAL MATERIAL SHOULDN'T BE IN THE LIBRARY.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You don't think they aren't calling the school?
I don’t know. You said they protested at a school board meeting.
Not telling their kids not to look at this stuff?
Yes or no are they doing this?
They are doing something. They're going to school board meetings and expressing their concerns.
But you don't think they should do that.
Never said that.
For the millionth time, THE GRAPHIC SEXUAL MATERIAL SHOULDN'T BE IN THE LIBRARY.
IMO there should be very strict guidelines as to what materials should be in elementary school libraries.

IMO parents should oversee and control the materials that their children are reading from elementary school libraries.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Are parents supposed to camp out in the library and watch the shelves or something?
No.

IMO they should instruct their children to not read any materials from the library before they can review it and approve it prior to them being permitted to read them.

They won’t.

Last edited:

Box Ox

GRAPHIC SEXUAL MATERIAL SHOULDN'T BE IN THE LIBRARY
IMO parents should oversee and control the materials that their children are reading from elementary school libraries.
Are parents supposed to camp out in the library and watch the shelves or something?
Glad we agree.
concerned parents should protect their kids , no?

What would parents need to protect their kids from if there wasn't graphic sexual material in the school library? Aren't you against graphic sexual material in the school library?

How would parents protect their kids when there is graphic sexual material in the school library when they're not at the school library?

Integrity

Binge Poster
What would parents need to protect their kids from if there wasn't graphic sexual material in the school library?
In this day an age I think bullying is high up there.
Aren't you against graphic sexual material in the school library?
Yes and No.
How would parents protect their kids when there is graphic sexual material in the school library when they're not at the school library?
Instruct their children properly.

Box Ox

What would parents need to protect their kids from if there wasn't graphic sexual material in the school library?
In this day an age I think bullying is high up there.

Sure. But the specific context we’re clearly talking about here is graphic sexual material in school libraries. Not the entirety of kids’ lives.

Aren't you against graphic sexual material in the school library?
Yes and No.

Interesting. You typically play the character of a super pious fella who I’d have thought would be categorically against graphic sexual material in school libraries. Are you breaking character on us?

Non liberal

Sure. But the specific context we’re clearly talking about here is graphic sexual material in school libraries. Not the entirety of kids’ lives.

Interesting. You typically play the character of a super pious fella who I’d have thought would be categorically against graphic sexual material in school libraries. Are you breaking character on us?
For once I agree with you.

Non liberal

Uh-huh. I brought it up to another person and you inserted yourself because you could sense there was a disturbance in the liberal force that must be defended.
Lol, is he a liberal? A religious liberal? I never knew there was such a thing. Wait a minute, he must be catholic.

Non liberal

Yes.

But when the material is in the library and parents know that it is in the library and still do nothing to immediately protect their children from it. IMO they are responsible in this circumstance.
What are you going to do? Complain? Ha! Lot of good that will do you. Unless you have expendable finances to put them through private school you’re kind of stuck. You can protest, but conservatives get put in jail nowadays for protesting.

Non liberal

No there isn’t. There is a push for acceptance of kids who do. Something you find offensive because you don’t accept people that do that.
From what you said before you don’t either? I’m confused. I thought your position was kids who are gay are being talked into being trans? And btw, most people are acceptable of everyone, no matter what. That’s what is strange here. I don’t care what a stranger does with their lives. I will tell you my opinion, but what you do is all up to you. Just DONT try and talk to my children about it, or try and force everyone around you to like it. Because not everyone does. Just like not everyone likes my choice of country music. It doesn’t mean that you are hated for it. At least by the bulk of the population. Man, I would love to help everyone of these kids struggling with this nonsense, I just don’t know how. It’s a shame that our schools feel they need to teach that it is perfectly normal, because OBVIOUSLY judging by your genitalia and what its purpose is, it is not.