Comey Testimony

newfie

Of course they were opinions, along with stated facts. If the facts he stated could be proven untruthful, he faces jail time. If Trump lies under oath, he could be impeached.

both are taking advantage of the one on one conversation and spinning it their way.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
what is it then? how can it be anything but transparency?
I was going to say that one does not have to tell the truth on Twitter but ...

I remember the lies some of the past Presidents told standing in front of the presidential seal.

I do remember something about you can keep your same insurance provider.
And something about there being WMD in Iraq.
And something about not having sex with that woman.
And Ain't gonna raise taxes, nope, wouldn't be prudent.
and so on and so on.

newfie

I was going to say that one does not have to tell the truth on Twitter but ...

I remember the lies some of the past Presidents told standing in front of the presidential seal.

I do remember something about you can keep your same insurance provider.
And something about there being WMD in Iraq.
And something about not having sex with that woman.
And Ain't gonna raise taxes, nope, wouldn't be prudent.
and so on and so on.

for me the key word from upstate was vent . when you vent its not controlled communication but very open and honest. that is transparency

Last edited by a moderator:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
for me the key word from upstate was vent . when you vent its not controlled communication but very open and honest. that is transparency
My mother and one of my sisters vent and its open but not necessarily honest.
They lie without knowing/believing they are lying ... they want something to be true and so think it is the truth.
We use to warn people about them and still do my sister.
It's not that uncommon based on talking with psychologists and other professionals.
Time will tell if Trump falls into this category.

newfie

My mother and one of my sisters vent and its open but not necessarily honest.
They lie without knowing/believing they are lying ... they want something to be true and so think it is the truth.
We use to warn people about them and still do my sister.
It's not that uncommon based on talking with psychologists and other professionals.
Time will tell if Trump falls into this category.

then we may well become Diogenes on an endless journey.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
then we may well become Diogenes on an endless journey.
I am familiar with Diogenes and his nonconformist behavior and thought ... That's why I know about him.
I am familiar with his wanderings after being 'convicted' of counterfeiting money (probably political rather than actual).
I am aware he was a Cynic philosopher.

I don't understand your reference though ... please explain.

newfie

I am familiar with Diogenes and his nonconformist behavior and thought ... That's why I know about him.
I am familiar with his wanderings after being 'convicted' of counterfeiting money (probably political rather than actual).
I am aware he was a Cynic philosopher.

I don't understand your reference though ... please explain.

his search for an honest man or in this case a transparent president then continues

Catatonic

Nine Lives
his search for an honest man or in this case a transparent president then continues
Gotcha ... I forgot about that story.
I was in my late teens when I studied about him ... none of his works are extant.
I am more familiar with Antisthenes from studying Socrates and Plato.
I remember Diogenes and Plato had a running verbal feud ... probably a lot like Current Events.

newfie

Gotcha ... I forgot about that story.
I was in my late teens when I studied about him ... none of his works are extant.
I am more familiar with Antisthenes from studying Socrates and Plato.
I remember Diogenes and Plato had a running verbal feud ... probably a lot like Current Events.

they may have been the first to be banned from BC . .:)