Comey Testimony

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I think it would do some of you good to read this:
Did We Learn Anything New in Comey's SSCI Hearing?
I read it and one thing I picked up on is Comey states and phrases his opinions as if they are factual.

"[A]lthough the law required no reason at all to fire an FBI director, the administration then chose to defame me and more importantly the FBI by saying that the organization was in disarray, that it was poorly led, that the workforce had lost confidence in its leader. Those were lies, plain and simple."

An obvious set of opinions by Trump to which Comey replied with his own opinions.

What comes to mind is the old adage that a person who is their own lawyer, has a fool for a lawyer.
Comey was reacting emotionally and confusing his opinions for facts.

oldngray

nowhere special
I read it and one thing I picked up on is Comey states and phrases his opinions as if they are factual.

"[A]lthough the law required no reason at all to fire an FBI director, the administration then chose to defame me and more importantly the FBI by saying that the organization was in disarray, that it was poorly led, that the workforce had lost confidence in its leader. Those were lies, plain and simple."

An obvious set of opinions by Trump to which Comey replied with his own opinions.

What comes to mind is the old adage that a person who is their own lawyer, has a fool for a lawyer.

and the media is treating Comey's opinions as facts.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So Comey is lying about his meetings with Drumpf?
I don't think so but there are a lot of subjective statements and opinions within his testimony to be of concern.
As with most situations two people having a conversation will have different memories of events and what was said.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I don't think so but there are a lot of subjective statements and opinions within his testimony to be of concern.
As with most situations two people having a conversation will have different memories of events and what was said.
If only there had been other people in the room........ I wonder why Trump asked them to leave......

Turdferguson

Just a turd

One thing that will clear all this up is when Trump releases his tapes of this conversation and meetings. .... remember those

MAKAVELI

It's not subjective when Drumpf is basically denying Comey's entire testimony. One of them has to be lying..

MAKAVELI

It's not subjective when Drumpf is basically denying Comey's entire testimony. One of them has to be lying..

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The Trump apologist on here will say it's no big deal. He could wipe his A* with the declaration of independence and they would rave about him recycling
He could stand in the middle of 5th avenue and shoot someone....
He brags about the denialism of his base, and they eat it up like it's a compliment. Freaking bizarre political landscape, blows my mind.