confederate flag?

tourists24

And nascar has separated itself from the flag for years. But not for any moral reasons. As it was expanding across the country it was trying to shake that southern image. But try to go to ANY race in the south without flags flying. Won't happen. And both Jr and nascar is ok with it

tourists24

The man is an idiot.

His assertions that the civil war had nothing to do with slavery eliminates any credibility for anything he says afterwards.

He has made a living promoting himself as a confederate, and he couldnt change his mind even if William T. Thompson put a rope around his neck and brought him to a tree.

TOS.
Made a living at it? Really? You make it sound as if he is the reverse AL Sharpton lol. You know nothing of HK. He lives a very modest lifestyle unlike yourself in your gated community. You seem to hate anyone that disagrees with you

MAKAVELI

Made a living at it? Really? You make it sound as if he is the reverse AL Sharpton lol. You know nothing of HK. He lives a very modest lifestyle unlike yourself in your gated community. You seem to hate anyone that disagrees with you
http://deadconfederates.com/2012/10/14/are-southrons-breaking-ranks-with-h-k-edgerton/
Why is H. K. Edgerton Claiming Non-Profit Status?

Looks like some of the folks over at SHPG are questioning H. K. Edgerton’s stated appearance fee of $20,000. There seems to be some dispute over how much he actually collects, but twenty grand (plus mileage) is what he claims his services are worth. I happen to think it’s a pretty ridiculous amount for what he does, but that’s my opinion; you may feel otherwise. The bottom line is, Edgerton can ask for whatever he wants.

The far more important question, that his friends and supporters haven’t yet addressed, is why Edgerton continues to claim Southern Heritage 411 is a non-profit organization, and solicit donations with the claim that such contributions are tax-deductible:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
http://deadconfederates.com/2012/10/14/are-southrons-breaking-ranks-with-h-k-edgerton/

Looks like some of the folks over at SHPG are questioning H. K. Edgerton’s stated appearance fee of $20,000. There seems to be some dispute over how much he actually collects, but twenty grand (plus mileage) is what he claims his services are worth. I happen to think it’s a pretty ridiculous amount for what he does, but that’s my opinion; you may feel otherwise. The bottom line is, Edgerton can ask for whatever he wants.

The far more important question, that his friends and supporters haven’t yet addressed, is why Edgerton continues to claim Southern Heritage 411 is a non-profit organization, and solicit donations with the claim that such contributions are tax-deductible:

Thank you.

I give him credit for making a living out of the suckers who will listen to him.

TOS.

wkmac

well yes they are.... the state governments have from their capitals and companies are stopping to sell confederate items. That is banning them somewhat. A toy car General Lee? Really?

What govt's do in relation to their buildings, I don't care one way or the other.

As to businesses, to my knowledge there is no gov't law creating a ban on the selling of the flag of the Army of Northern Virginia. If a business makes a choice to not carry a product, I support their right and free choice to make that decision. And to twist a market choice to not sell a piece of colored cloth into a "ban" is a bit dishonest. And where one market closes up, other market options will emerge and flags will be sold. For some this could prove to be a market boom.

Now if you want to say they are bowing to public pressures in their decision making, then yes I would agree but again, this is still a matter choice on their part and I support their right to do so. Vast majority of companies bow to public pressures to conform their appearances every day as a matter of good marketing. It's not always about truth but about image and this is also no different..

On another note as it relates to my own personal choice of my own national flag in checkerboard pattern, as in a table cloth, I've also come up with a national motto to go with it.

The Dough Will Rise Again!

tourists24

What govt's do in relation to their buildings, I don't care one way or the other.

As to businesses, to my knowledge there is no gov't law creating a ban on the selling of the flag of the Army of Northern Virginia. If a business makes a choice to not carry a product, I support their right and free choice to make that decision. And to twist a market choice to not sell a piece of colored cloth into a "ban" is a bit dishonest. And where one market closes up, other market options will emerge and flags will be sold. For some this could prove to be a market boom.

Now if you want to say they are bowing to public pressures in their decision making, then yes I would agree but again, this is still a matter choice on their part and I support their right to do so. Vast majority of companies bow to public pressures to conform their appearances every day as a matter of good marketing. It's not always about truth but about image and this is also no different..

On another note as it relates to my own personal choice of my own national flag in checkerboard pattern, as in a table cloth, I've also come up with a national motto to go with it.

The Dough Will Rise Again!
Ya know oddly enough I don't disagree with your post with company choices. I do enjoy how ridiculous they are at times though

tourists24

If HK is making 20k on appearances it surely doesn't show in his lifestyle. He lives in a modest house in a lower income neighborhood

BrownArmy

If HK is making 20k on appearances it surely doesn't show in his lifestyle. He lives in a modest house in a lower income neighborhood

Or he's not getting very many appearances...he's definitely not plowing any cash into his website.

I lived in Asheville for years...H.K. was always an oddity to me.

tourists24

Or he's not getting very many appearances...he's definitely not plowing any cash into his website.

I lived in Asheville for years...H.K. was always an oddity to me.
Did you ever approach him? Talk to him? Why was he an oddity? Because he stood with the flag a lot? Did u follow what he did at Asheville School?

BrownArmy

Did you ever approach him? Talk to him? Why was he an oddity? Because he stood with the flag a lot? Did u follow what he did at Asheville School?

Never talked to him, but I saw some of his 'presentations'.

Dude, why do you think he's an oddity? I respect him for his beliefs, but you have to admit, there's a little bit of cognitive dissonance after you realize just what it is you're seeing and hearing.

tourists24

Never talked to him, but I saw some of his 'presentations'.

Dude, why do you think he's an oddity? I respect him for his beliefs, but you have to admit, there's a little bit of cognitive dissonance after you realize just what it is you're seeing and hearing.
Not really from what I know. He is simply very intense. He has so much historical knowledge. Which is why I always encourage doubters to contact him and debate it personally

BrownArmy

Not really from what I know. He is simply very intense. He has so much historical knowledge. Which is why I always encourage doubters to contact him and debate it personally

I have zero interest in debating H.K. about anything. He's got his own deal and like I said, it's a free country and I respect his beliefs, but I disagree with most of the conclusions he draws.

wkmac

Funny. But there is irony in your choice of a replacement flag. The very people that are after the Confederate Flag tend to gravitate towards Ernesto "Che" Guevara, a lunatic branded a hero by many American leftists, flags and t-shirts with his photo on them. How entertaining. :-)

No irony to it. It was very much on purpose.

And I suspect very few on either side of the debate will sense what that purpose is.
;)

moreluck

golden ticket member
xIKEM4a.jpg