confederate flag?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Not me but my 7 year old Grandson eats , sleeps and lives for Mario.
Mario is timeless. Been playing video games for 25 years, probably will till the day I die. It's been a few years, but I could probably still play the first level of Super Mario with my eyes closed.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I didn't realize thinking was involved. I was just following your lead.

As for quoting someone, with thinking not involved, that was the reason I quoted you!!
Well, if the south would have never seceeded from the union, when do you think they would have agreed to free them?

bettum

uploadfromtaptalk1435503291271.jpg

[emoji41]

realbrown1

So the civil rights organizations owe their successes to the KKK? You do have some very twisted "logic".
Lincoln said over and over if the south would not have secceeded, slavery would have remained where it already existed.

So if the south believed him and stayed in the union, and Lincoln won re-election in 1865, that means slavery would have stay in place until at least 1869 instead of 1865 with the 13th Amendment.

The South secceeding did bring about a quicker end of slavery in our nation.

Unless you can give me a scenario that works that frees the slaves sooner.

Can you do that?

Is there a scenario where the southern states free their slave before 1865, without going to war?

bbsam

Staff member
Lincoln said over and over if the south would not have secceeded, slavery would have remained where it already existed.

So if the south believed him and stayed in the union, and Lincoln won re-election in 1865, that means slavery would have stay in place until at least 1869 instead of 1865 with the 13th Amendment.

The South secceeding did bring about a quicker end of slavery in our nation.

Unless you can give me a scenario that works that frees the slaves sooner.

Can you do that?

Is there a scenario where the southern states free their slave before 1865, without going to war?
Better yet, I can give a scenario where the slaves weren't freed; all the South had to do was win the war. Or did the South plan on losing?

realbrown1

Better yet, I can give a scenario where the slaves weren't freed; all the South had to do was win the war. Or did the South plan on losing?
The south was NEVER going to win that war.

The north had them beat on money, men, weapons, supplies and engineering.

I meant a realistic scenario.

I guess you can't come up with a better, quicker way to end slavery in our country without the South forming the Confederacy and seceeding from the union.

Last edited by a moderator:

bbsam

Staff member
If We Really Did Have Equal “Rights”
Imagine if Southerners and others throughout the country who identify with the rebel flag had the same “rights” as privileged groups like homosexuals. You could find a liberal-owned bakery and command the owners to bake this:

confederate-flag-cake.jpg
But then again, if you took me for a liberal would you really want to eat it if I baked it for you? Maybe some baking soda gets "spilled" into it, Maybe it's dry and the frosting has that crappy bitter aftertaste. Most likely it would be the best cake you'd ever had and we'd do repeat business together because a bigoted rednecks money spends the same as any other. That's business. That's capitalism. That's smart.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
But then again, if you took me for a liberal would you really want to eat it if I baked it for you? Maybe some baking soda gets "spilled" into it, Maybe it's dry and the frosting has that crappy bitter aftertaste. Most likely it would be the best cake you'd ever had and we'd do repeat business together because a bigoted rednecks money spends the same as any other. That's business. That's capitalism. That's smart.

Spoken like a true business man. Lol.

wkmac

Well, if the south would have never seceeded from the union, when do you think they would have agreed to free them?

Go back into this thread and read as I already addressed that. Slavery is/was an economic order that as much became seen as immoral as much as it became economically obsolete and unsustainable. I think the first helped to expedite the second. And rightly so too.

Here is a timeline of slavery that began its collapse well before the events of 1860.

Regardless of the war itself, industrial mechanization or what became industrial farming would have ended slavery as well so the coffin of slavery was already shut and most nails driven in the lid to begin with.

realbrown1

Go back into this thread and read as I already addressed that. Slavery is/was an economic order that as much became seen as immoral as much as it became economically obsolete and unsustainable. I think the first helped to expedite the second. And rightly so too.

Here is a timeline of slavery that began its collapse well before the events of 1860.

Regardless of the war itself, industrial mechanization or what became industrial farming would have ended slavery as well so the coffin of slavery was already shut and most nails driven in the lid to begin with.
So, according to you, slavery was dying by 1860?

Is that why the southern states fought a war to keep it in place?

Because they obviously didn't think slavery was dying.

bbsam

Staff member
The south was NEVER going to win that war.

The north had them beat on money, men, weapons, supplies and engineering.

I meant a realistic scenario.

I guess you can't come up with a better, quicker way to end slavery in our country without the South forming the Confederacy and seceeding from the union.
Well the South could have embraced something like the industrial revolution. Maybe engineered a device to pick cotton. Maybe build factories and railroads. Silly ideas I know.

realbrown1

Well the South could have embraced something like the industrial revolution. Maybe engineered a device to pick cotton. Maybe build factories and railroads. Silly ideas I know.
Cotton gin invented in 1794.

Did that stop slavery?