confederate flag?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
How about this?

If it's only racist because you say so, is it really racist?

What's going to be racist next week, so I'll know?
erm no. It will always be racist since the fine Christians in the KKK adopted it as their own.
racist.jpg
racist1.jpg

10 point

erm no. It will always be racist since the fine Christians in the KKK adopted it as their own.
View attachment 46755 View attachment 46756
They're carrying the American flag too.

Is it racist?!

Maybe, if they got a notion to, they could carry the Mexican flag and picket taco bell.

Well, I guess Old Glory is coming down next.
Maybe we could agree on a black flag similar to the one in Mosul now.

Where's the outcry about them throwing gay folks off buildings and raping 10, 12-16 yr olds?
Lame.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
They're carrying the American flag too.

Is it racist?!

Maybe, if they got a notion to, they could carry the Mexican flag and picket taco bell.

Well, I guess Old Glory is coming down next.
Maybe we could agree on a black flag similar to the one in Mosul now.

Where's the outcry about them throwing gay folks off buildings and raping 10, 12-16 yr olds?
Lame.
nice try at a straw man argument concerning Mosul. That will never ever change the fact that the Stars and Bars has been used by the cowards of the KKK for many years as a racist flag

10 point

no, close but not bama. I didnt realize being from the south made me predisposed to being in favor of a racist symbol
Not at all.
There's hard feelings on both side of the fence.
Hate is easier than forgiveness.
True Christians aren't racist in their hearts.

10 point

nice try at a straw man argument concerning Mosul. That will never ever change the fact that the Stars and Bars has been used by the cowards of the KKK for many years as a racist flag
I'm sure that is why it's been painted on the General Lee all these years since the Dukes of Hazard were known kkk members.
Right.

10 point

Well, you'd be hard pressed to find a "true Christian" this day and age.
Depends on your assessment of "true".

I'm a Christian. I'm not racist. I treat everyone with the same respect.
Some of my best and most loyal friends are not Caucasian.
We only find one race on earth imo...the human race.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Depends on your assessment of "true".

I'm a Christian. I'm not racist. I treat everyone with the same respect.
Some of my best and most loyal friends are not Caucasian.
We only find one race on earth imo...the human race.
That's an oak.
A true Christian is not a bigot either.

10 point

I get what the connotations mean.

I don't believe this generation sees it as a symbol of slavery. It's a southern pride issue.
Sweet Home Alabama type pride. The white folks that sport the flag on their hats and t-shirts in the younger crowd aren't kkk sympathizers.

10 point

I find it hilarious when this statement is used to prove someone is not racist.
I dont have to prove anything to you whatsoever.
But...
I find it hilarious that you sit in a self proclaimed judgement seat to validate who is or is not a racist based on fluff.

Anyone who disassociates themselves from others only because they are of a different "race" are a racist.
It's really not that complicated.

MAKAVELI

I get what the connotations mean.

I don't believe this generation sees it as a symbol of slavery. It's a southern pride issue.
Sweet Home Alabama type pride. The white folks that sport the flag on their hats and t-shirts in the younger crowd aren't kkk sympathizers.
I think you are really missing the point of the argument to take the flag down. Whether you or anyone else who wants to deny it, that flag represents the fight to keep slavery legal. Taking it down from a government building does not infringe on anyone's right to buy or fly the flag for their own belief of what it represents. It does however acknowledge to the African-American community what it represented to them and in light of the shooting in Charleston SC , was the right thing to do.

10 point

I think you are really missing the point of the argument to take the flag down. Whether you or anyone else who wants to deny it, that flag represents the fight to keep slavery legal. Taking it down from a government building does not infringe on anyone's right to buy or fly the flag for their own belief of what it represents. It does however acknowledge to the African-American community what it represented to them and in light of the shooting in Charleston SC , was the right thing to do.
I said I get it.

I am only saying that not everyone views the flag that way.

I'm sorry if it offends some folks. Take it down from state/federal property. Fine.

But don't forget the people WHO WERE WHITE SKINNED that died fighting slavery. Thousands of them.

The flag means different things to different people.
It's not the flag of slavery to everyone. My mom's from Alabama. She doesn't see it that way either.