Contract Negotiations

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date

Gear

Parts on Order
I hope there is a strike just to see what happens. When Verizon had a strike people crossed the picket line to buy phones. I dont see the public feeling sorry for any full time employees. The only ones getting screwed are the part timers but UPS and the union are to blame for that. You guys can blame the part timers for not voting, but you didn't have to vote yes to all the concessions for part timers.

Its not 1997 anymore, those days are over.

All the post about people wanting overtime cut back for family time is a load of crap. As soon as your ot is gone, alot of guys will be crying about not making enough money. Some people think 4 10s are a concession.

babboo25

Banned
The public doesn't pay our salaries. The public can howl all they like, but as long as we help the shippers make as much profit as possible ain't no one going anywhere.
Look my whole argument is guys like Heffernan for example, makes great money, has free insurance, does minimal manual labor but would approve a strike. Something is wrong there. Don’t strike just because you hate the company.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
When Verizon had a strike people crossed the picket line to buy phones. I dont see the public feeling sorry for any full time employees.
Are they going to cross the picket line to pick up their package?
Who will unload it, who will sort it? Management? There ain't that many of them.
When you worry what an uniformed public thinks about if you go on strike. You've already lost

Gear

Parts on Order
Who do you guys think will strike first?
Aircraft mechanics
Or
Drivers and everyone else

My guess is neither.

trickpony1

Some people think 4 10s are a concession.

4 10's is a concession when your 5 day ten hour run:
-that did total 50 hours with 10 of those OT;
-becomes 4 days total 40 hours with no OT until after 10 straight hours.

Do the math...
10 hours of OT a week X 52 weeks in a year lost...

Gear

Parts on Order
Are they going to cross the picket line to pick up their package?
Who will unload it, who will sort it? Management? There ain't that many of them.
When you worry what an uniformed public thinks about if you go on strike. You've already lost

People want their crap, before, during and after a strike. I wouldn't expect to see any loss of business. But maybe some customers will get snooty for awhile afterwards. Probably get a few drive by middle fingers at the picket line. Id imagine that would just top off a drivers day.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Why would a shipper come back to us? Is that a gamble worth taking?
As has been said before, where will they go to?
There is a dualopoly in shipping, and neither company could handle ALL the volume.
It would take time but they will return, not because they like us, but because we help them make profits. These are businesses, they care about money not hurt feelings

Gear

Parts on Order
Government won't allow the Aircraft mechanics strike.
I hope there isn't one, but there definitely shouldn't be any give backs from the Union

I agree on no give backs. I feel the main focus should be on part timers and probably the 9.5 language that I know nothing about. Other than that, keep and continue everything else.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
People want their crap, before, during and after a strike. I wouldn't expect to see any loss of business. But maybe some customers will get snooty for awhile afterwards. Probably get a few drive by middle fingers at the picket line. Id imagine that would just top off a drivers day.

They are out of control now. Have your center shut down because of weather and see how they act. The public are A*holes

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I agree on no give backs. I feel the main focus should be on part timers and probably the 9.5 language that I know nothing about. Other than that, keep and continue everything else.
There are some other issues that should be addressed concerning harassment, and working conditions

babboo25

Banned
As has been said before, where will they go to?
There is a dualopoly in shipping, and neither company could handle ALL the volume.
It would take time but they will return, not because they like us, but because we help them make profits. These are businesses, they care about money not hurt feelings
How exactly do we help them make profits? We are the most expensive shipper.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Look my whole argument is guys like Heffernan for example, makes great money, has free insurance, does minimal manual labor but would approve a strike. Something is wrong there. Don’t strike just because you hate the company.
I’ve said 3 times minimum “I don’t want a strike” but I’m not going to be scared if that option is on the table. Stop putting words in my mouth.

BTW, I was also working part time here during the 97 strike. I’ve also did enough manual labor since then to earn the right to join feeders. I could care less that you’re too scared to drive the big trucks. Stay in the little trucks and hump packages, doesn’t bother me. Leave moving trailers for us men.

Reading your posts show me why you’re customers think UPS drivers are uneducated.