Contract Negotiations

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Of course they wouldn't be happy,no one would. Where did you get your info that the public thinks we're overpaid dumb truck drivers? I never heard that from any of my customers in all my years here.

I got that sentiment from a contractor I mistook for the home owner when I tried to hand him a package. I thought he was just messing around, then I quickly got the feeling he was about to swing his hammer at me. It's not my fault I made a better career choice than him, no reason to get violent about it.

Yea I’m not willing to strike for a part timer, sorry. It’s called a part time job for a reason.

This statement is very revealing. I might suggest that people who get on the case of other people who say they are willing to strike do so because they are afraid to strike and/or may not be financially prepared to strike.

When we strike, we don't just do it for us, the benefits are far-reaching. The customers may be distrupted for a while, but they will get better service in the long run. Employees of other companies in the industry benefit because their employers will have to offer competitive wages. Management benefits for similar reasons. I could go on, but I think I made my point.

Striking is not anyone's first choice, as it is costly for everyone involved. Start saving up a fund now so you can weather the storm and not fear the uncertainty. The longer we can hold out, the better bargaining position we will have, and the better conditions we will have going forward.

Foamer Pyle

We are the highest paid in the industry by far, nobody wants to work for their prosperity anymore. I’m assuming you want profit sharing and a raise? That would be great but unreasonable. A lot of the wannabe strikers are just disgruntled lazy crybabies, all just want $ handed to them, keep your hands in your own pockets. $100k and free insurance without a college degree is a unicorn except at UPS. Yes job sucks but we live a nice life.
That’s like saying “ Sure I Beat my wife, but she drives a Benz, and I give her plenty of spending money, she has nothing to complain about.”

Foamer Pyle

I'm not a package car driver but those are the feeder rules every peak.
Those are in place so feeder drivers can do a full load for 6 days.
Those hours are also in place so they can force us to work 6 days a week. We had plenty of drivers close to 70 during peak, and it’s not uncommon to punch out at 9pm the rest of th year.

babboo25

Banned
well, if it's true that he's been here since '97, there's probably 10-20 drivers with less seniority than him IN feeders.... and he's jelly
No we don’t have any feeder runs, I wouldn’t wanna be a feeder driver, I’m active and in shape, wanna stay that way. Just pointing out that a guy making $120k is willing to strike.

babboo25

Banned
That’s like saying “ Sure I Beat my wife, but she drives a Benz, and I give her plenty of spending money, she has nothing to complain about.”
Little dramatic no? Not UPS fault most of the click lives outside of their means. We will be making over $40hr after this contract, if that’s not enough for you go to college.

babboo25

Banned
Is it wrong for an employee of UPS, a multi-Billion dollar corporation, to want to benefit from their labor?

Go talk to the employees of Wal Mart and see what they think.
We do benefit from our labor, highest paid/best benefits in industry. if you’re part time look for a full time job or get a degree.

babboo25

Banned
I have a loud mouth express guy on my route that loves to tell me how much he makes. I still haven’t told him I make almost $10 more an hour.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
No we don’t have any feeder runs, I wouldn’t wanna be a feeder driver, I’m active and in shape, wanna stay that way. Just pointing out that a guy making $120k is willing to strike.

It’s called being a union member and fighting for everyone in your building. The more you talk, the more you look moronic.

We’re called Teamsters not Me-sters !!

trickpony1

I'm guessing that babboo is a company shill tasked with planting the "seed of doubt" in the heads of the simple-minded union hourly to grow until contract time.

Does babboo truly believe the company will present an offer where they lose money or one that makes money faster than the company can count it.

One could guess babboo hasn't had any business, economics or marketing classes or...any adult life experiences.