Contract Negotiations

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Look my whole argument is guys like Heffernan for example, makes great money, has free insurance, does minimal manual labor but would approve a strike. Something is wrong there. Don’t strike just because you hate the company.
How do you know how @HEFFERNAN is going to vote?
All I've seen is that he said if a strike is warranted, he would honor it and back it. A Union is about standing together against a company to get what is fair and best for everyone in it. Not the public, and not the company

babboo25

Banned
I’ve said 3 times minimum “I don’t want a strike” but I’m not going to be scared if that option is on the table. Stop putting words in my mouth.

BTW, I was also working part time here during the 97 strike. I’ve also did enough manual labor since then to earn the right to join feeders. I could care less that you’re too scared to drive the big trucks. Stay in the little trucks and hump packages, doesn’t bother me. Leave moving trailers for us men.

Reading your posts show me why you’re customers think UPS drivers are uneducated.
More name calling from the click

Box Ox

Look my whole argument is guys like Heffernan for example, makes great money, has free insurance, does minimal manual labor but would approve a strike. Something is wrong there.

Maybe such folks believe that a strike would not be only about themselves. There are plenty of folks within the Company who are still underpaid, have no benefits, or are pummeled with peak workloads and poor conditions year round. It's OK to stand up for them as well. Even if you're doing fine personally.

Gear

Parts on Order
4 10's is a concession when your 5 day ten hour run:
-that did total 50 hours with 10 of those OT;
-becomes 4 days total 40 hours with no OT until after 10 straight hours.

Do the math...
10 hours of OT a week X 52 weeks in a year lost...

Who's doing 50 hours of work in 40 hours? Thats sounds like a non union flat rate job. I would do 4 10 hour days and go home. We have 2 different jobs so our thoughts are different. Id probably do 7 maybe 8, if I was "busy," hours of actual work in a 10 hour day.

I just dont see 4 10s as a concession.

Now $1 pay raise for part timers in the last 20 years is a concession.

babboo25

Banned
Maybe such folks believe that a strike would not be only about themselves. There are plenty of folks within the Company who are still underpaid, have no benefits, or are pummeled with peak workloads and poor conditions year round. It's OK to stand up for them as well. Even if you're doing fine personally.
Yea I’m not willing to strike for a part timer, sorry. It’s called a part time job for a reason.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Who's doing 50 hours of work in 40 hours? Thats sounds like a non union flat rate job. I would do 4 10 hour days and go home. We have 2 different jobs so our thoughts are different. Id probably do 7 maybe 8, if I was "busy," hours of actual work in a 10 hour day.

I just dont see 4 10s as a concession.

Now $1 pay raise for part timers in the last 20 years is a concession.
Part timers should start at at least 12.50 and hour and be at no less than $16 an hour at the end of their "progression"

Gear

Parts on Order

I totally agree with what you are saying. But most people are standing up for themselves here at UPS. Part time wages and wait period for benefits are proof that people only care about themselves.

There use to be time when everyone protected the job but those times and workers are long gone.

Gear

Parts on Order
A mechanic never working/getting OT probably would enjoy it.

A feeder driver running a run that was 5/8 but now 4/10 would lose 2 hours OT a day.

I can't make my run any shorter.

Sorry if I confused you.

I would expect work or runs to be adjusted to fit 4 10s. Which is probably naive on my part.

babboo25

Banned
Found this on UPS rising app

Attachments

• 14F74659-381B-4431-877F-42961D759F02.png
    14F74659-381B-4431-877F-42961D759F02.png
    524.1 KB · Views: 140
  • 6A3BDE49-A8F0-4973-98A0-9BD030962B8A.png
    6A3BDE49-A8F0-4973-98A0-9BD030962B8A.png
    794.1 KB · Views: 137