Contract Negotiations

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date

542thruNthru

Well I don’t post alot, I’m done til 2019, cya

Don't leave we need you!!! You're the only one that can stand up to the vicious clicks that roam these forums.
giphy-17.gif

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It’s called living within your means.

I know he said he's leaving, but the point is that you live within your means, but not up to the limit of your means. Then, for a few months, or even on an ongoing basis, you set aside some of what's left over for emergency purposes or for a rainy day. If you have to wait a few weeks to force the company to pay you for an unjustified termination you will be able to pay your bills and enjoy your vacation, then use the back pay to replenish your emergency fund.

babboo25

Banned
I know he said he's leaving, but the point is that you live within your means, but not up to the limit of your means. Then, for a few months, or even on an ongoing basis, you set aside some of what's left over for emergency purposes or for a rainy day. If you have to wait a few weeks to force the company to pay you for an unjustified termination you will be able to pay your bills and enjoy your vacation, then use the back pay to replenish your emergency fund.
Ok sounds great but what about insurance? Yea I know Cobra, gotta pick and choose your battles.

babboo25

Banned
So you grieve the firing, and get your job back with back pay. The new proposals also include something along the lines of no discipline for drivers who aren't cited in accidents. Without a citation, or management witnessing the accident, they only have telematics, with which they can not discipline you. You'd still have to do a safety ride before getting to work alone again, though.
Yea it’s imperative we get “drivers not issued a citation cannot be disciplined”in the contract. That in my opinion is worth striking for with the safety standards UPS holds us to.