Contract Negotiations

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Ok sounds great but what about insurance? Yea I know Cobra, gotta pick and choose your battles.
Perhaps someone with more experience can answer this, but it seems to me that if the company is found to be in the wrong, then your insurance shouldn't be interrupted. So either any extra expenses you accrue as a result of the wrongful termination should be added to the remedy being sought, or insurance should retroactively cover any health care expenses. No clue if it works that way, but it ought to.

babboo25

Banned
Perhaps someone with more experience can answer this, but it seems to me that if the company is found to be in the wrong, then your insurance shouldn't be interrupted. So either any extra expenses you accrue as a result of the wrongful termination should be added to the remedy being sought, or insurance should retroactively cover any health care expenses. No clue if it works that way, but it ought to.
1 day a week punch here. An accident or injury can costs hundreds of thousands, retroactive maybe but I don’t wanna be in that situation.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
1 day a week punch here. An accident or injury can costs hundreds of thousands, retroactive maybe but I don’t wanna be in that situation.

Should avoid skiing while waiting for panel. The COBRA sounds like the better option for catastrophic protection, and add the cost to your remedies. And you need to get your local to change to 40 hours a month to keep your insurance next contract, should ameliorate such a situation.

babboo25

Banned
Should avoid skiing while waiting for panel. The COBRA sounds like the better option for catastrophic protection, and add the cost to your remedies. And you need to get your local to change to 40 hours a month to keep your insurance next contract, should ameliorate such a situation.
I’m going to assume you’re single with no kids

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I’m going to assume you’re single with no kids
The cost of COBRA is much less than the hundreds of thousands of dollars you brought up, family or not. I have a family, but none of us suffer from any major medical afflictions, and are not particularly accident prone. I would still pay for the COBRA if I had to.

dont-let-cobra-keep-you-from-having-a-happy-birthday.jpg

Gear

Parts on Order
It’s called being a union member and fighting for everyone in your building. The more you talk, the more you look moronic.

We’re called Teamsters not Me-sters !!

I thought the part timers were Teamsters too. Im pretty sure no one has fought for them in a few contracts.