Contract Negotiations

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date

Gear

Parts on Order
We won the strike of 97 over creating full time jobs for part timers !!!!

giphy.gif

If you have to go back 20 years to the last time you fought for someone, it not longer counts.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
If you have to go back 20 years to the last time you fought for someone, it not longer counts.

LOL
@Gear Which part timers are we screwing ?????

The ones who work here 3 months and quit ?
The ones who work here 3 years and leave after they get a degree ?
or the ones that are here 10 plus years but refuse all the full time job opportunities ???

Please tell us which one !!!!!

Gear

Parts on Order
LOL
@Gear Which part timers are we screwing ?????

The ones who work here 3 months and quit ?
The ones who work here 3 years and leave after they get a degree ?
or the ones that are here 10 plus years but refuse all the full time job opportunities ???

Please tell us which one !!!!!

The ones who got a $1 raise in over 20 years, the ones who have to wait 1 year for benefits and paid holidays.

The revolving door of part timers is the result of terrible compensation.

What was your starting pay and how long did you wait for benefits and paid holidays?

babboo25

Banned
The ones who got a $1 raise in over 20 years, the ones who have to wait 1 year for benefits and paid holidays.

What was your starting pay and how long did you wait for benefits and paid holidays?
Our center just now started paying tuition, part timers do need a raise.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Probably not. The point I'm trying to make is you gotta be ready and willing to strike if you choose to be part of a union. Then we started talking about GI Joe, or something.
The whole thread just didn't "Click"!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

The revolving door of millenials is due to instant gratification over building a foundation for their future.

I didn't care what I was paid when I started, I knew I was getting raises every year, benefits, vacations, and a chance to drive the brown truck.
I knew what a union job was going to do for me, and I think my dad had a tear in his eye when he found out I got the job here.
That's what growing up in a carpenter's union household did for me. Respect the process !!!

The revolving door of millenials is due to instant gratification over building a foundation for their future.

I didn't care what I was paid when I started, I knew I was getting raises every year, benefits, vacations, and a chance to drive the brown truck.
I knew what a union job was going to do for me, and I think my dad had a tear in his eye when he found out I got the job here.
That's what growing up in a carpenter's union household did for me.
We did get paid better back then m

Gear

Parts on Order

That's what growing up in a carpenter's union household did for me.

I grew up in a Teamster family, so I understand what you're saying. But that tear is no longer around when someone starts now. You know what Im talking about, come on bro. You seem like a stand up guy and I dont want to argue with you or come off as disrespectful. Normally I come off as disrespectful, so have a good night.

But screw you Dr. Brown!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I grew up in a Teamster family, so I understand what you're saying. But that tear is no longer around when someone starts now. You know what Im talking about, come on bro. You seem like a stand up guy and I dont want to argue with you or come off as disrespectful. Normally I come off as disrespectful, so have a good night.

But screw you Dr. Brown!

I'm not going to be blind to the lack of growth in the starting wage. I understand what you meant.
The problem is that the union is going to fight for the 20 year member more than the 2 month one.
It's a fact of union life and UPS will have to something on their own to get more quality employees to stay.
State minimum wage laws are already going to work on that without union intervention.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I'm not going to be blind to the lack of growth in the starting wage. I understand what you meant.
The problem is that the union is going to fight for the 20 year member more than the 2 month one.
It's a fact of union life and UPS will have to something on their own to get more quality employees to stay.
State minimum wage laws are already going to work on that without union intervention.
Honestly, the company needs to stop operating like we’re in a recession. The lack of talent coming in is scary. Management and hourly. Look around, and I’m afraid for the future of our company. Better start recruiting and luring some young talented people or were gonna be in trouble.

542thruNthru

I'd be happy to walk the pocket line with PT employees if they voted down the contract. Though we've already seen that a few on here don't believe the PT union members matter.

Drivers can't always take the blame for the bad pay of PT workers. Everyone has 1 vote so everyone is equal. So PT needs to take some of the blame as well.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Honestly, the company needs to stop operating like we’re in a recession. The lack of talent coming in is scary. Management and hourly. Look around, and I’m afraid for the future of our company. Better start recruiting and luring some young talented people or were gonna be in trouble.
True, we saw it with helpers this year.
They couldn't staff it and decided to make the drivers work more hours.
The union won't give concessions on starting pay when UPS will have to do it on their own.

They've already started by giving attendance bonuses during peak so you can see it has begun already.