Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeadBelly

Banned
I think I added this, but can't be sure. I'd like to see the affected Tuesday through Saturday package car drivers, and feeder drivers for that matter get a day off for any holiday that falls on a Monday. I would like to see them get the next day off.

A

Article 3

Make having tattoo, and beards contractually allowed. Make it article 11.
You know the beard issue is going away. I heard it was a done deal from a management person up the chain.
Tattoos maybe, depending on what they say or show.

A

Article 3

Going away as in they will allow them or they are no longer willing to discuss the topic?
Allowed with restrictions except for religious reasons to possibly be exempt from restrictions.
I think he means they're going to allow them. You can have them with a medical waiver now.
Exactly.
How odd it is that every female driver I know can work with their hair down but the rules forbid it ... especially for men.
The company needs to realize that this isn't the Marines anymore (we definitely don't get signing bonuses) and adapt to mainstream hair styles, facial hair, and body art that isn't offensive.
We're not surgeons. We deliver items out of a truck. Get real.

Coldworld

I think he means they're going to allow them. You can have them with a medical waiver now.
But what will ups want in return.... a 10 year progression for new drivers... beards and tattoo is small , we shouldn't have to trade anything for that!!!

Coldworld

Allowed with restrictions except for religious reasons to possibly be exempt from restrictions.

Exactly.
How odd it is that every female driver I know can work with their hair down but the rules forbid it ... especially for men.
The company needs to realize that this isn't the Marines anymore (we definitely don't get signing bonuses) and adapt to mainstream hair styles, facial hair, and body art that isn't offensive.
We're not surgeons. We deliver items out of a truck. Get real.
Look how long it took to get shorts into the uniform lineup... this is ups we are dealing with... they are freaks..

542thruNthru

There are too many real issues that need to be addressed this contract for me to give a crap about beards. I highly doubt any DM or center manager has any idea what's being discussed.

If it happens great but I'm not giving up anything just so someone can have some fuzz on their chin. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.