Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Article 3

Absolutely---they are not going to call a casual in just to run a few misloads.
So you say that they can call an air driver in to run ground misloads? And a "few" Misloads"? You must be in a really small or extended and small center. There's 4-6 hrs of misload time here daily and I don't know how many are missed.
Air drivers move air, not ground, unless there are no drivers available. The company knows on average how many Misloads happen weekly although they can't project the miles encompassing those average stops and since they shove the volume down the belts so fast they know they are creating the problem so let's just let them send air drivers out to move and deliver them. That's not a wise analogy sir. You must be in management?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So you say that they can call an air driver in to run ground misloads? And a "few" Misloads"? You must be in a really small or extended and small center. There's 4-6 hrs of misload time here daily and I don't know how many are missed.
Air drivers move air, not ground, unless there are no drivers available. The company knows on average how many Misloads happen weekly although they can't project the miles encompassing those average stops and since they shove the volume down the belts so fast they know they are creating the problem so let's just let them send air drivers out to move and deliver them. That's not a wise analogy sir. You must be in management?
Nope, they don't want him either.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
So you say that they can call an air driver in to run ground misloads?

Absolutely.

And the company is required to pay the appropriate premium.

Also.... air drivers can be used to deliver ground, before using supervisors

to cover "exhausting all means" and avoid paying a grievance.

That one is a no brainer.

If it becomes a habit, that's a basis for more full-time driving jobs.

-Bug-

A

Article 3

Absolutely.

And the company is required to pay the appropriate premium.

Also.... air drivers can be used to deliver ground, before using supervisors

to cover "exhausting all means" and avoid paying a grievance.

-Bug-
Before using supervisors, not qualified drivers.If it happens and FT drivers are laid off for the day it's a basis for a grievance.
The subject I was continually responding to was using air drivers when ft drivers are available. You may have missed that in my earlier posting and I didn't feel the need to reference the topic I was posting to the NY guy in management.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Absolutely and the company is required to pay the appropriate premium.
What is the required premium (penalty)?....and who receives it?
Also.... air drivers can be used to deliver ground, before using supervisors to cover "exhausting all means" and avoid paying a grievance.
Would "exhausting all means" include drivers who were "scheduled off" or had available hours?
A "no brainer" is that the Company violates this provision at will, yet the Article 40 Committee doesn't see these grievances forwarded, as the contract requires.
(ask me if I have asked repeatedly for that very thing).
It is for sure a habit in my building, I will soon again be asking for the panel to forward my grievances to the National Air Committee.

P.S. It is my contention that if the Company isn't forced to operate at a deficit (pay a penalty) in these circumstances, outside of true exception basis', there is no motivation for them to abide by the contract they negotiated supposedly in good faith.

~Bbbl~™

Last edited:

rod

Retired 23 years
No, I was referring to those $1000 bonuses we received many many years ago in our contract, in lieu of raises. What happened, was the marginal contract was being passed because the part-timers were passing the contract being happy with the $1000 bonuses. I think we received them for 3 years in that contract. Problem was or course, at the end of the contract, those bonuses ended so it never really added up to a raise. But the strategy to pass the contract worked.

I think full time got a $1000 and part time $500. After taxes I think I got a check for $666.

Status
Not open for further replies.