Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Just think, if you had gotten more money on the hour.

That adds up over the years and isn't taken away.

Plus.... 28% (or more) goes to taxes right off the top.

-Bug-
That's why I'll always take an hourly raise (even small) over a bonus check. I mean unless they want to start handing out 100 grand per contract.

wide load

I will take another 5 year contract with a $4 raise but take that $4 raise on 8/1/2018 upfront and a wage freeze the following 4 years. Lol

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
What is the required premium (penalty)?....and who receives it?

The air driver is paid pkg rate.

Would "exhausting all means" include drivers who were "scheduled off" or had available hours?

Provided the scheduled day is not an approved 8-hr, option day, or

single day vacation.... sure. Why not ?

As long as a driver hasn't returned to the building and has hours,

being instructed to run misloads doesn't constitute a re-dispatch.

A "no brainer" is that the Company violates this provision at will, yet the Article 40 Committee doesn't see these grievances forwarded, as the contract requires.
(ask me if I have asked repeatedly for that very thing).

Grievances on Article 40 should be deadlocked at the state and forwarded
to the National air committee.... agreed. But, it's your Local. :kickme:

It is for sure a habit in my building, I will soon again be asking for the panel to forward my grievances to the National Air Committee.

P.S. It is my contention that if the Company isn't forced to operate at a deficit (pay a penalty) in these circumstances, outside of true exception basis', there is no motivation for them to abide by the contract they negotiated supposedly in good faith.

I can't disagree with any of this.

-Bug-

Coldworld

I would like to see all monies in our sick bank and vacation bank be returned to us when we leave here... no matter how (quit, fired, retire)....in the west you get half of your sick bank if you leave.... this is money you have earned!!!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Grievances on Article 40 should be deadlocked at the state and forwarded
to the National air committee.... agreed. But, it's your Local. :kickme:
So....you're saying the State Panel is remiss in this area because of the Local I reside in?

Hmmm...

I figured it was something else?

My Local is certainly wrought with serious issues, but so is our State Panel....

....like Brian VM chairing for the union, while the very same Labor Manger he deals with in his local, presents for the Company?

Talk about a conflict of interest?

Thinking about getting the Labor Boards opinion on this conflict of interest, that has lead to some very questionable decisions in the last 6 months.

On the bright side some positive changes, at least one, has taken place recently at the JAC level...

...which ironically may be a loss for my State Panel, which is short on up and coming talent.

~Bbbl~™

5habits100

So....you're saying the State Panel is remiss in this area because of the Local I reside in?

Hmmm...

I figured it was something else?

My Local is certainly wrought with serious issues, but so is our State Panel....

....like Brian VM chairing for the union, while the very same Labor Manger he deals with in his local, presents for the Company?

Talk about a conflict of interest?

Thinking about getting the Labor Boards opinion on this conflict of interest, that has lead to some very questionable decisions in the last 6 months.

On the bright side some positive changes, at least one, has taken place recently at the JAC level...

...which ironically may be a loss for my State Panel, which is short on up and coming talent.

~Bbbl~™

I don't think the NLRB will get involved in that but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Nice comment on the Central. I agree there were positive changes at the Central.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is not a contract proposal but just a general gripe against my local. Is there any way to stop a local from selling our mailing list to insurance companies? I just received a solicitation from a company based out of Waco, TX, which guaranteed us $4K of AD/D coverage and invited us to fill out a postcard for more information, which, of course, means someone from their office will call to try to sell us something.

wide load

This is not a contract proposal but just a general gripe against my local. Is there any way to stop a local from selling our mailing list to insurance companies? I just received a solicitation from a company based out of Waco, TX, which guaranteed us $4K of AD/D coverage and invited us to fill out a postcard for more information, which, of course, means someone from their office will call to try to sell us something.
Stop calling 900 numbers!

Status
Not open for further replies.