Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inthegame

This is not a contract proposal but just a general gripe against my local. Is there any way to stop a local from selling our mailing list to insurance companies? I just received a solicitation from a company based out of Waco, TX, which guaranteed us $4K of AD/D coverage and invited us to fill out a postcard for more information, which, of course, means someone from their office will call to try to sell us something.
You don't have to buy anything from the UNION insurance company.
You're covered whether or not you fill out the card, however filling out the card will increase your benefit.
It is really that disturbing to you that your local provides you with free AD/D insurance? Or are you just irritated that it's provided by a UNION insurance company?

A

Article 3

That's why I'll always take an hourly raise (even small) over a bonus check. I mean unless they want to start handing out 100 grand per contract.
Per member? Or per contract?100000/240,000=s 42¢ per member.

LeadBelly

Banned
Lead can you "in a nutshell" explain 17a or I for us who don't have those in our supplements???
17 A is dishonesty

17 I is other serious offenses.

The serious offenses range from anything to everything.

They've banged me twice on 17 I. Both bogus, and later regretted by the whole firm going forward. I figured out how to bang managers and supervisors, plus formed alliances with other and tougher kids. Kinda like my father taught me from his eight years in Mansfield.

Oh the joys of learning life from a bad guy.

A

Article 3

17 A is dishonesty

They've banged me twice on 17 I. Both bogus, and later regretted by the whole firm going forward. I figured out how to bang managers and supervisors, plus formed alliances with other and tougher kids. Kinda like my father taught me from his eight years in Mansfield.

Crooks make the best cops. Your dad worked in the Mansfield Toilet Factory?

PT Car Washer

17 A is dishonesty

What is Mansfield?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You don't have to buy anything from the UNION insurance company.
You're covered whether or not you fill out the card, however filling out the card will increase your benefit.
It is really that disturbing to you that your local provides you with free AD/D insurance? Or are you just irritated that it's provided by a UNION insurance company?

I am irritated that I am being forced to receive unsolicited sales pitches simply because I am a Union member.

I guarantee you that while the insurance company offers coverage to union members their employees are not union members.

Inthegame

I am irritated that I am being forced to receive unsolicited sales pitches simply because I am a Union member.

I guarantee you that while the insurance company offers coverage to union members their employees are not union members.
A letter explaining free benefits is not much of a sales pitch considering you're getting coverage "simply because you're a union member."
Your guarantee (like so many other predictions) are wrong. Ullico and American Income Life have unionized staff.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A letter explaining free benefits is not much of a sales pitch considering you're getting coverage "simply because you're a union member."
Your guarantee (like so many other predictions) are wrong. Ullico and American Income Life have unionized staff.

This was a place out of Waco TX. I have no idea whether they are unionized or not but I would highly doubt that they would.

My insurance needs are taken care of-----I do not need the IBT to "take care of my business".

I know full well that if I were to fill out the card and send it in that I would receive a phone call and sales pitch.

I have received previous offers from other insurance companies, credit card companies and other similar firms.

Does my union membership obligate me to receive unsolicited offers from companies that I would otherwise not deal with?

Thank goodness it is a short walk from my mail box to recycling bin.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Does my union membership obligate me to receive unsolicited offers from companies that I would otherwise not deal with?

So drop it in the recycle bin and be done with it.

3/4 of what shows up in (and on) my mailbox is unsolicited junk mail.

The only thing that bothers me, is the waste of paper.

If it bothers you that much.... forward it to your Local.

Why rant about it here ?

-Bug-

Inthegame

This was a place out of Waco TX. I have no idea whether they are unionized or not but I would highly doubt that they would.
They are.
My insurance needs are taken care of-----I do not need the IBT to "take care of my business".
Then you're set and you can ignore the letter.
I know full well that if I were to fill out the card and send it in that I would receive a phone call and sales pitch.
And if you don't send in the card, you'll have everlasting peace.
Then it will take you less time to recycle the offer than it takes to bitch about it on BC. You can then get back to your all important full meaningful life of internet postings.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So drop it in the recycle bin and be done with it.

3/4 of what shows up in (and on) my mailbox is unsolicited junk mail.

The only thing that bothers me, is the waste of paper.

If it bothers you that much.... forward it to your Local.

Why rant about it here ?

-Bug-

I was curious as to whether our local was the only one that sold our mailing list without our permission.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I was curious as to whether our local was the only one that sold our mailing list without our permission.

The Local doesn't sell the mailing list.

They are approached with an offer that can benefit the members.

If the Principal officer or executive board "deem" it worthy,

then the offer is extended to the members. Simple as that.

On the flip side....

How many unsolicited offers come from Liberty Mutual and MetLife ?

The company can certainly be accused of the same.

If not more.

-Bug-

A

Article 3

The Local doesn't sell the mailing list.

They are approached with an offer that can benefit the members.

If the Principal officer or executive board "deem" it worthy,

then the offer is extended to the members. Simple as that.

On the flip side....

How many unsolicited offers come from Liberty Mutual and MetLife ?

The company can certainly be accused of the same.

If not more.

-Bug-
Is there such a thing as wasting your breath on here with some posters? I thought this guy "Dave" was in management?

Status
Not open for further replies.