Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

upschuck

The Local doesn't sell the mailing list.

They are approached with an offer that can benefit the members.

If the Principal officer or executive board "deem" it worthy,

then the offer is extended to the members. Simple as that.

On the flip side....

How many unsolicited offers come from Liberty Mutual and MetLife ?

The company can certainly be accused of the same.

If not more.

-Bug-
AIL is the price of whole life for term life, way overpriced.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
So....you're saying the State Panel is remiss in this area because of the Local I reside in?

Hmmm...

I figured it was something else?

My Local is certainly wrought with serious issues, but so is our State Panel....

....like Brian VM chairing for the union, while the very same Labor Manger he deals with in his local, presents for the Company?

Talk about a conflict of interest?

Thinking about getting the Labor Boards opinion on this conflict of interest, that has lead to some very questionable decisions in the last 6 months.

On the bright side some positive changes, at least one, has taken place recently at the JAC level...

...which ironically may be a loss for my State Panel, which is short on up and coming talent.

~Bbbl~™

Without knowing the facts of the case, Article 40 cases should be

deadlocked to the Air Committee. State panels are remiss.... in ruling.

Just my opinion.

Nice comment on the Central.

It is a positive comment on that move.

Better days ahead.

17 A is dishonesty

17 I is other serious offenses.

The serious offenses range from anything to everything.

Just to add to @LeadBelly post;

17-I has been (historically) the most abused section in the Central Region.

Originally "other serious offenses" meant things like fighting, sexual harassment,

and things of a serious nature. The company perverted it to mean anything.

IE: spitting on the sidewalk, cussing, failing to dot your T's and cross your eyes.

Fortunately, the language was changed to "cardinal offenses" in the

last contract. That narrowed it down some.... but, it needs to go.

-Bug-

LeadBelly

Banned
I apologise. You are to be commended and what, if any, family member helped you as a child.
There wasn't much help for me, but I look at it like this. It turned me into a unique individual, who was treated as if I was an abused dog. Going from home to home, hence my affection and love of rescued dogs.

I spent a lot of my youth being embarrassed of being poor with a heinous childhood. I actually kept most of it in, never telling anyone, because it is embarrassing. Somewhere along the line I got the idea that I would talk about it. You get your share of people who feel sorry for you. And at the beginning you don't want this, or maybe you do.

I've used it as a way to relate to people. I've been very honest with people about my chit. They seem to trust me more because I'm so open about it.

I've been told I'm to loyal, but if you find a couple good friends in this world, that have your back, and your family really never cared you adapt and create an unconventional family structure.

I'm loyal, and big on loyalty. Peace

LeadBelly

Banned
Without knowing the facts of the case, Article 40 cases should be

deadlocked to the Air Committee. State panels are remiss.... in ruling.

Just my opinion.

It is a positive comment on that move.

Better days ahead.

Just to add to @LeadBelly post;

17-I has been (historically) the most abused section in the Central Region.

Originally "other serious offenses" meant things like fighting, sexual harassment,

and things of a serious nature. The company perverted it to mean anything.

IE: spitting on the sidewalk, cussing, failing to dot your T's and cross your eyes.

Fortunately, the language was changed to "cardinal offenses" in the

last contract. That narrowed it down some.... but, it needs to go.

-Bug-
I agree 17 I has been used as an unholy abortion.

This statement does not endorse pro life. It's just the analogy that seems best for ups and this bogus contract language.

LeadBelly

Banned
Is there such a thing as wasting your breath on here with some posters? I thought this guy "Dave" was in management?
Honestly I used to feel the same way. They I decided to think outside the box and delve into their mentality. I use Upstate's mentality a lot with members, and it helps me to communicate with the ones that are hard to communicate with.

Trust me, you can always upgrade your game, plus add to your brand to make it the best brand you can provide.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
There wasn't much help for me, but I look at it like this. It turned me into a unique individual, who was treated as if I was an abused dog. Going from home to home, hence my affection and love of rescued dogs.

I spent a lot of my youth being embarrassed of being poor with a heinous childhood. I actually kept most of it in, never telling anyone, because it is embarrassing. Somewhere along the line I got the idea that I would talk about it. You get your share of people who feel sorry for you. And at the beginning you don't want this, or maybe you do.

I've used it as a way to relate to people. I've been very honest with people about my chit. They seem to trust me more because I'm so open about it.

I've been told I'm to loyal, but if you find a couple good friends in this world, that have your back, and your family really never cared you adapt and create an unconventional family structure.

I'm loyal, and big on loyalty. Peace

There are some people.... that "talk the talk".

@LeadBelly "walks the walk".

How many people, expose themselves like this ?

That takes guts. Pure and simple.

He is one of the best Teamsters I've ever met.

This is a learning opportunity.

-Bug-

anHOURover

There are some people.... that "talk the talk".

@LeadBelly "walks the walk".

How many people, expose themselves like this ?

That takes guts. Pure and simple.

He is one of the best Teamsters I've ever met.

This is a learning opportunity.

-Bug-
I walk the walk bug and you know that. I can't wait to put you on YouTube.
FACT

A

Article 3

Let's change the 6 for 1 FT hiring language to say the company can hire off the street after all seniority bargaining unit members in the local are offered the position.
They took out the dollar amount on accidents so we should be able to exempt them from hiring off the street until all existing local bargaining unit members are given the ft opportunity.

ManInBrown

If we give things away in the next contract I will be livid. This company is making money hand over fist. We've been getting the Amazon sob story in the PCM a few times in the last couple weeks. "Guys amazon bought Whole Foods. Now they have brick and mortar stores. Working on logistics also. You know what's next yada yada yada" if Abney had any balls he'd tell amazon to go pound sand and starting Monday deliver your own sheet. I call BS. Plenty of e commerce to go around for everyone.
I better not lose my one triple time day per year
I better not lose my 177-WC carveout insurance
I better not lose my Black Friday voluntary work holiday

Last edited:

ManInBrown

Guys we're so worried about amazon but we cut 12 routes today, so deliver businesses at 4:55 and try to pickup 15:00 customers at 12:00 on route. Lol clowns

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Guys we're so worried about amazon but we cut 12 routes today, so deliver businesses at 4:55 and try to pickup 15:00 customers at 12:00 on route. Lol clowns
1) Shareholder
2) Stops per car
3) Performance
4) Bonuses
387) Customers
856) Safety
857) Teamsters

ManInBrown

1) Shareholder
2) Stops per car
3) Performance
4) Bonuses
387) Customers
856) Safety
857) Teamsters

That's fine if the powers to be decide that's what's important. But don't give me some :censored2:ing Amazon sob story. You made your bed. Sleep in it. Stop deflecting your Corporate decisions onto hourlies.

I personally don't care if they cut 12 routes. Does it suck? Yes it does. But I get paid by the hour. I'll get over it.

Call Bezos at his summer house tonight and tell him have fun delivering your own sheet. They would be :censored2:ed. What are they gonna do? Have 25000 of those little contracted white sprinters on the road delivering all their crap? That would be a sheetshow. Good luck with that.

Last edited:

wide load

That's fine if the powers to be decide that's what's important. But don't give me some :censored2:ing Amazon sob story. You made your bed. Sleep in it. Stop deflecting your decisions onto hourlies.
I agree. Every contract there's always some financial or economic burden. I say stuff it UPS. Your paying based upon how you treated us the last 5 years.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I agree. Every contract there's always some financial or economic burden. I say stuff it UPS. Your paying based upon how you treated us the last 5 years.
Disposable widgets?

19511053_1743108119038999_2326605176592392512_n.jpg

Last edited:

wide load

Are you really this naive?
Are you really this ignorant? Managements roll isn't to generate money. Save money? Probably the intent. Waste money? Definitely. The problem with this company is that they treat every shift as its own company. There is zero synergy. They think staggering a start time fixes all.
Example: Preload historically running into dispatch causing drivers to leave later because of cutting employees early. Will it change? No because the preload "manager" is only concerned with making his or her buckets and their bonus. Nothing else. He or she can give 2 poops about getting air or ground back to the building for the unload. Or that they will pay us $53 an hour in OT for the screw ups. This is only one example of useless behaviors that drain our resources. I can go on and on but I'm not going to waste my time explaining things you know to be true but won't admit to.

Last edited:
A

Article 3

Disposable widgets?

19511053_1743108119038999_2326605176592392512_n.jpg
They tried that already and it didn't work out very well for the company. (Hint 1997).
I remember that management couldn't get most of the work delivered that they took out on road and they made the OMS girls unload the trailers because they were too lazy to do it themselves.
Cute pic. Keep dreaming.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are you really this ignorant? Managements roll isn't to generate money. Save money? Probably the intent. Waste money? Definitely. The problem with this company is that they treat every shift as its own company. There is zero synergy. They think staggering a start time fixes all.
Example: Preload historically running into dispatch causing drivers to leave later because of cutting employees early. Will it change? No because the preload "manager" is only concerned with making his or her buckets and their bonus. Nothing else. He or she can give 2 poops about getting air or ground back to the building for the unload. Or that they will pay us $53 an hour in OT for the screw ups. This is only one example of useless behaviors that drain our resources. I can go on and on but I'm not going to waste my time explaining things you know to be true but won't admit to.

I was talking on a larger scale.

Small package is but one division within UPS Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.