Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Intergrad languge. Drivers getting disqualified and sent home from the class. There needs to be language on intergrad.

Nope.

The local centers need to make sure that anyone that they send to Integrad is 100% prepared for the curriculum and uniform standards and should be charged for the costs incurred if one of their own washes out.

10 Pt

Nope.

The local centers need to make sure that anyone that they send to Integrad is 100% prepared for the curriculum and uniform standards and should be charged for the costs incurred if one of their own washes out.
What's a "local" center?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

@Bubblehead I'm not suggesting we pay for our H&W. I think everyone should be able to see what is paid weekly for their H&W. It is part of our pay package.
It's already listed on our W2's and is hardly something that needs to be negotiated for as a pay stub entry.
Ask UPS today and they may be willing to do it starting next week.

My question is why now?
Why weren't we concerned about listing this part of our "pay package" when the Company was managing healthcare?

Looking for an "attaboy" now that the Union is holding the money?

ezmoney5150

It's already listed on our W2's and is hardly something that needs to be negotiated for as a pay stub entry.
Ask UPS today and they may be willing to do it starting next week.

My question is why now?
Why weren't we concerned about listing this part of our "pay package" when the Company was managing healthcare?

Looking for an "attaboy" now that the Union is holding the money?

Last time I checked Teamcare was not run by the Teamsters. Also vote no yahoos will have a hard time arguing with people that have the information. I would say that 80% of the employees, fulltime and partime, don't realize that as soon as they punch in on Monday they made $400-$600.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Intergrad languge. Drivers getting disqualified and sent home from the class. There needs to be language on intergrad.

Nope, they are in the 30 day window for seniority. They are disqualified, does not matter if it is Intergrad or the center that disqualifies.

If you cannot do it right in a "training scenario" why should you be allowed to continue. We use to disqualify in the first five days when you trained behind the wheel, I disqualified plenty of people who could not drive the truck much less make a delivery.

LeadBelly

Banned
Nope, they are in the 30 day window for seniority. They are disqualified, does not matter if it is Intergrad or the center that disqualifies.

If you cannot do it right in a "training scenario" why should you be allowed to continue. We use to disqualify in the first five days when you trained behind the wheel, I disqualified plenty of people who could not drive the truck much less make a delivery.
Obviously you've never been in management in our local jurisdiction.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

Did you pass intergrad?

hyena

No employee will be discharged or suspended without first being given a verbal, written, and warning letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.