Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Intergrad languge. Drivers getting disqualified and sent home from the class. There needs to be language on intergrad.

Intergrad, is nothing more than a training tool.

The Qualification process.... begins, when the driver is put "on road".

I disqualified plenty of people who could not drive the truck much less make a delivery.

And I, have had many drivers qualified.... by filing a grievance.

Based on the fact, management people couldn't produce the same results.

-Bug-

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Any termination or last chance agreement will be fulfilled by a trial by combat between the center manager and the employee. Based upon the severity of the offense, the combat can range between a simple full contact competition or a fight to the death. If a stalemate results, it will be referred to arbitration where 3 union representatives and 3 company representatives will face off in a steel cage no holds barred competition. Results of arbitration combat will be final and binding.

Coldworld

How about the term " proven dishonesty " be struck from the contract .... They have used and abuse those two words more than there are grains of sand on a beach....they have put drivers out of service and " fire " them even though they haven't beyond a shadow of a doubt proven a dishonest act....I also would like language stating they can't fire you for method "violations"... This is another catch phrase that the company keeps abusing and can trump up anything they feel like just to make an employee look bad....and unless someone is just falling apart out there there's no reason to use and abuse that...

10 Pt

Nope, they are in the 30 day window for seniority. They are disqualified, does not matter if it is Intergrad or the center that disqualifies.

If you cannot do it right in a "training scenario" why should you be allowed to continue. We use to disqualify in the first five days when you trained behind the wheel, I disqualified plenty of people who could not drive the truck much less make a delivery.
At that point they go into management.

10 Pt

Intergrad, is nothing more than a training tool.

The Qualification process.... begins, when the driver is put "on road".

And I, have had many drivers qualified.... by filing a grievance.

Based on the fact, management people couldn't produce the same results.

-Bug-
They (management) code 02 instead of 06 in their diad board and it shows them as "scratch". Why would they need that function if they could produce their own efficient "numbers" without cheating?

Because they can't.

Coldworld

They (management) code 02 instead of 06 in their diad board and it shows them as "scratch". Why would they need that function if they could produce their own efficient "numbers" without cheating?

Because they can't.
It's all a scam....all of it.

Coldworld

Because they can't.
Smoke and mirrors...

Coldworld

Because they can't.
Why would that function even exist in ups world???

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Because they can't.

To be fair, they do not perform our job on a daily basis. It would be like asking you to scratch a route blind.

10 Pt

To be fair, they do not perform our job on a daily basis. It would be like asking you to scratch a route blind.
To be fair, they don't perform their own job on a daily basis.
I have scratched a blind route before. When management has had to take over a route due to an on road emergency we all have to bail them out. The deal is that even the ors that gives us our safety ride drives past stop signs, gets out of the truck backwards, doesn't center the vehicle in the road, doesn't always use handrails, walks thru the overhead doors unapproved for pedestrian use at the building and preaches health conscious eating and drinking but smokes like a forest fire and drinks mountain dew.
Can you imagine the ridicule an on car would receive if the OR showed them an hour over?
They deserve every bit of it. The loads and dispatch that most drivers in our center regularly endure are because of their quality management.

10 Pt

I can't even scratch a route I've been on for 10 years. But in my defense, I don't try to.
Honest day's pay/honest day's work.
Fix our load conditions and the racing reports will all improve somewhat. Garbage load... garbage recap numbers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They can fix the DOL. The quality of delivery listing IS on them. They have the power to fix the content of the stops per car.

...but little to no control over the number of stops on the car...

The quality of the DOL should be a combined effort between the bid driver and management.

10 Pt

They can fix the DOL. The quality of delivery listing IS on them. They have the power to fix the content of the stops per car.
Getting 29 pkgs assigned to section 6100 when there's 5 assigned to RDL is on the dispatcher and the belt supe. Don't tell me that they don't all get the bulk stop report.

Status
Not open for further replies.